Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #3556
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a nice weekend at WDW. Ran the ToT 10 mile race, which went well despite the unexpected hot weather. Met up with Darcy and Tony and several other dis'ers from the old days.

F&W was a lot of fun, Got a lot of stamos in my passport! And lots of good beers available. Flights were a good deal, and they would customize them for you. Stop by the Craft Beer kiosk, right next to Hawaii. Really liked the Purple Haze. And yet I still saw people drinking Bud Light. Sort of like taking the Pinto out for a drive when there is a 911 sitting in the garage.....

Cant swing another trip on short notice, so hope everyone has a great meet!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #3557
ahoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
How about those Eagles?

Better yet, how about them Jets!

(and hoping the Sox get hot)
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #3558
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
I just wanted to remind everyone going to the SSC meet that we will be in WDW this month!
I'll actually be down there in less than a week.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #3559
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

So today is October 1st.

That means that 1yr ago today we had our first 'Official' SSC Disney Meet at the MK's 40th.

I don't think we ever took a picture of the entire group together (seriously... we should try and make sure we don't forget that this year), but I did dig back up this photo taken when some of us split off to quick join another DISMeet happening that day.

I believe if I recall correctly, Ahoff has decided to split off just before this so he could get ready for his run that night, and the had gone to stake out his parade viewing spot. BUT.... in this picture, out of our group you have POTCAddict, TDB, Me, Darcy, and her son.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #3560
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
You are actually a really nice person. You just don't like putting up with my BS. Whoever it was is losing out on a really great life.
geesh you had to tell on me didn't you, I'm not nice, that's my daughter...

seriously though, thanks, for the kind words

I'm all for moving forward and forgetting the past if you are in agreement.

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #3561
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
I'd like to concur on the nice person thing. I agree. Forgive me pirate....
umm I'll forgive you if you dump the guy you mentioned last week, and give me a call,

after all you already joined me crew last October, and ya know your daughter just loved the Pyrate..LOL

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #3562
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
So today is October 1st.

That means that 1yr ago today we had our first 'Official' SSC Disney Meet at the MK's 40th.

I don't think we ever took a picture of the entire group together (seriously... we should try and make sure we don't forget that this year), but I did dig back up this photo taken when some of us split off to quick join another DISMeet happening that day.

I believe if I recall correctly, Ahoff has decided to split off just before this so he could get ready for his run that night, and the had gone to stake out his parade viewing spot. BUT.... in this picture, out of our group you have POTCAddict, TDB, Me, Darcy, and her son.
I did indeed go to stake out my photo spot for the 3:00 parade
but I don't recall what time it was..

Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #3563
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
So today is October 1st.

I will do my best on the picture thing! I need something to post to my FB!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #3564
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

I'm still so bummed that my dates are almost a month later... And jealous

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #3565
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoff View Post
Better yet, how about them Jets!

(and hoping the Sox get hot)
Would that be the White Sox or the other Sox team. XD White Sox won 11-0 tonight! WOO! Bears are up 10-7 at the half(Edit: Make that 17-7 in the 3rd quarter! WOO!) and the Cubbies are losing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I'm still so bummed that my dates are almost a month later... And jealous
At least you're going! I don't have a trip in the foreseeable future.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #3566
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Would that be the White Sox or the other Sox team. XD White Sox won 11-0 tonight! WOO! Bears are up 10-7 at the half(Edit: Make that 17-7 in the 3rd quarter! WOO!) and the Cubbies are losing!

At least you're going! I don't have a trip in the foreseeable future.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #3567
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, back up the boat there pyrate. Since when is man on man contact,other than a handshake or high 5, ok in the pyrate world? :-P
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #3568
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa, back up the boat there pyrate. Since when is man on man contact,other than a handshake or high 5, ok in the pyrate world? :-P
we Pyrates shake hands and man hug all the time, we are certain of our masculinty and don't fear what others will think or say

Old 10-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #3569
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
we Pyrates shake hands and man hug all the time, we are certain of our masculinty and don't fear what others will think or say
who knew?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #3570
MICKEY88
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
who knew?
of course, one must really be sure they know the one they hug, and be certain there is no weapon in the hand that is now behind their back

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: