Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

8 in AOA family suite

Our good friends will now be going with us to WDW in January. They have 2 kids under 3 so we were thinking we could do a family suite and have 1 family stay in the bedroom and the other out on the living room area. Does anyone think this may be possible? None of us are too cranky when it gets cramped. We were thinking it may be easier than trying to coordinate connected rooms. It would be 4 adults and then 4 childrens ages 4, 3, 2 and 17 months

I'm also happy to take any other suggestions about scheduling with a large group!

TIA

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
FreeThinker
Mouseketeer

I haven't stayed there, but after a lot of thought decided against it for our family of 7. It will be too tight to be comfortable IMO. I would rather spend a few extra $$ and have 2 full rooms. If you want to stay at AoA, you can get LM rooms, or go to the other value resorts. I also think the moderate resorts (if you can get FD) are a great option, and you can get some that have queen beds vs. double beds. I can't see 2 adults sharing a double bed and getting much sleep!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
Our good friends will now be going with us to WDW in January. They have 2 kids under 3 so we were thinking we could do a family suite and have 1 family stay in the bedroom and the other out on the living room area. Does anyone think this may be possible? None of us are too cranky when it gets cramped. We were thinking it may be easier than trying to coordinate connected rooms. It would be 4 adults and then 4 childrens ages 4, 3, 2 and 17 months

I'm also happy to take any other suggestions about scheduling with a large group!

TIA
You cannot have 8 people in one suite, so this would not even be an option for you. I would book two rooms at one of the value resorts.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post

TIA
They can only have one under three not two. You will be over occupancy.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: