Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

***** New September 2013 Thread *****

It's never to early to start or Happy Planning, right?! :-) This thread is for anyone who is planning a trip to Walt Disney World in September 2013! Share you're thoughts, plans, and all your ideas with us all! Join right in!

We'll be going first week in September for 10 days!!! :-D

September 2013 WDW! :-)

JessiBelle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

I was going that first week but my son started school this year and he has fall break usually the last week so spetember 18 -26 is where im looking. It may change when the school calender comes out next year. I am so excited i havent been since december, can you say withdrawals!! I just cannot decide if i want POR, CSR, and if my sister comes when can add AOA to the list and make it that much harder. I know for sure that my son and i will go no matter because this is his birthday present he will be 4 next september.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese
I was going that first week but my son started school this year and he has fall break usually the last week so spetember 18 -26 is where im looking. It may change when the school calender comes out next year. I am so excited i havent been since december, can you say withdrawals!! I just cannot decide if i want POR, CSR, and if my sister comes when can add AOA to the list and make it that much harder. I know for sure that my son and i will go no matter because this is his birthday present he will be 4 next september.
That's awesome!! We haven't been back since October 2011! We stayed at CSR and POFQ last time. Loved both of them! This next trip we are staying at AoA, hopefully we won't change our minds! My daughter will also be 4 next September!! I'm so excited too! Happy planning! :-)

Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

We are planning a trip 09/25-10/07/2013! It will be our second trip. We qare going to stay offsite, as we will be spending hhalf our time at WDW, and half our time at DC/SW! I am excited to go back to WDW!!! But am super excited for Discovery Cove! My trip involves me, DS6 (7 when we go), and my mama.

I am hoping to get DS into a Wild By Nature Y.E.S class, which he is super excited for! We will be visiting WDW water parks for the first time!

What is the weather like at the end of septemeber, beginning of October? We were there the last 2 weeks of August this year and it was HOT! ANy cooler by this time of year?

ginny_lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
DesiBelle9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn
We are planning a trip 09/25-10/07/2013! It will be our second trip. We qare going to stay offsite, as we will be spending hhalf our time at WDW, and half our time at DC/SW! I am excited to go back to WDW!!! But am super excited for Discovery Cove! My trip involves me, DS6 (7 when we go), and my mama.

I am hoping to get DS into a Wild By Nature Y.E.S class, which he is super excited for! We will be visiting WDW water parks for the first time!

What is the weather like at the end of septemeber, beginning of October? We were there the last 2 weeks of August this year and it was HOT! ANy cooler by this time of year?
We have been at the end of September, beginning of October. The weather was great most of the time. A little rain here, and there but nothing too bad. There was only one day where it poured down hard all day...but, i'd rather be at Disney in the rain than at home in the morning's it was a bit chilly for a light sweater, but warmed up throughout the day. Hot enough weather for wearing shorts still. Good weather overall
DesiBelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBelle9 View Post
We have been at the end of September, beginning of October. The weather was great most of the time. A little rain here, and there but nothing too bad. There was only one day where it poured down hard all day...but, i'd rather be at Disney in the rain than at home in the morning's it was a bit chilly for a light sweater, but warmed up throughout the day. Hot enough weather for wearing shorts still. Good weather overall
Glad to hear it! it was too much heat for me in August! i don't mind the rain, it rained HARD on one of our MK days this year, and we got SOOO much done with no wait! it was great

Old 09-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
DesiBelle9
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Glad to hear it! it was too much heat for me in August! i don't mind the rain, it rained HARD on one of our MK days this year, and we got SOOO much done with no wait! it was great
Yes, that's the good thing actually when it rains at Disney. Alot of people leave, therefore you have shorter lines for everything a big plus! Hoping it won't be too hot when we go at the beginning of September next year.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Anyone else going in September 2013?

Have you booked, and are you celebrating anything special? :-)

Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post

We're going 1 year from today!!!! Sept. 27th - October 6th...
We love going in late September and early October... The weather is usually fabulous and the crowds are so low...
We're staying at BeachClub...
Our plan is to go over to Universal for a day, and eat at Bubba Gumps that night. Plus Typoon Lagoon.

Today I got on www.weather.com and put in my notebook that I keeping all kinds of information in about our trip. What the weather is like today and if it rains or not. I plan on doing that everyday until the 6th. I though that's how I'll remember what the weather is like for next year...

Come on 365 days....
TexasBelle

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
E&As Mom
Mouseketeer

Planning on Septembe 2013!

We are planning for a trip to the World from September 6th or 7th (will just depend on flight schedules and prices) until the 15th. This will be our 4th trip in 6 years (skipped 2009 and in 2012, I got to sneak away on my own for a short trip) and the previous 3 trips were in September as well. We have not made our reservations, but more than likely, we'll be heading back to CSR. We stayed there in 2011 and fell in love with the resort. If money were no object, we'd be staying at the YC or BC, but it's just stretching the budget too far. Not that I'm disappointed by any means of going back to CSR... we feel like the rooms have a somewhat deluxe feel to them and love the doors to the bathroom/sink area for privacy! Believe it or not, we actually request to be put out in the Ranchos area. It's wonderfully quiet and close to 2 of the bus stops and the Dig Site. We don't rely much on El Centro, and even if we do need/want something from there, it's a short walk (compared to walking the billion or so miles we do while at the World!).

We are really hoping for the free dining package again; we've been able to take advantage of that offer our 3 previous trips and it's been nice to not have to worry about paying out of pocket except for tip and anything not covered on the menu. For us, the free dining offers us better savings than a room only discount, since our oldest DD is now past the "kid" age according to Disney. I'm kind of happy in that regard, only because she is an adventurous eater and will try most anything; being an adult on the dining allows her to try some new things.

At any rate, it's October now, so we're just a little over 11 months away! We can't wait to get back "home!".

Happy planning everyone!
~Kelly

Visits:
1977 - mid 1990s - Too many visits to count, 1999 - Delayed Honeymoon and DH's 1st trip to The World , 2008 - POR - Grand Gathering of 14 Mousekeeteers and our girls' first trip to The World, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - CSR, 2013 - All Star Sports - Surprise trip to proudly watch my niece march @ MK, 2013 - CSR, 2014 - Old Key West - Celebration Vacation! , 2015 - Yacht Club
DCL:
October 2014 - Disney Wonder
E&As Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

I feel like I am at a stand still....I want to plan but without park hours/recomendations i find there is not much to do. What is everyone else up to in terms of plannng???

Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
ch1ps
Earning My Ears

We're going 28th September 2013. Our first time staying in LBV.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
DesiBelle9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I feel like I am at a stand still....I want to plan but without park hours/recomendations i find there is not much to do. What is everyone else up to in terms of plannng???
I go on different Disney websites. I look at reviews for restaurants for future dining reservations. Reviews for the resorts, etc. Go on youtube and watch Disney vacation videos, or videos of the parks, resorts, stay up to date with all of the upcoming openings in the parks,and whatnot. We have already made a rough draft list of the restaurants we a wanted to eat at, and what we will do at the parks. Lol, i'm always planning. Always thinking of what we can do while on our trip, or how we can make it more special. Maybe all of it isn't technically planning, but, put it this way: my mind is always on Disney and our trip. it keeps me excited and looking forward to our trip.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Webbie
Mouseketeer

Just booked our Disney vacation for Sept. 8-14 at the Wilderness Lodge! It will be our granddaughters first trip. Let the magic begin for another generation! Also, let the planning begin.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
Just booked our Disney vacation for Sept. 8-14 at the Wilderness Lodge! It will be our granddaughters first trip. Let the magic begin for another generation! Also, let the planning begin.
Don't forget we are celebrating her 2nd Birthday there also! Can't wait to see Disney through the eyes of my DD.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
luvfigment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: