Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #1441
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI
How far was the walk to Animation Hall?
From where?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1442
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
It looks like the walk is pretty much the same from any of the 3 buildings. The only thing we requested, was to not have a ground floor room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
if you don't want a long walk from car to hotel room - you do not want building 7 - it faces the lake and the courtyard and thus isn't close to any parking.

Buildings 9 (King Triton) and Building 8 (Ariel) are both next to the parking lot on one side.

In terms of walking to the food court and Nemo pool Building 8 is the furthest away but not significantly IMO

I always ask for the top floor because I do think it's quieter and we are early to bed / early to rise too.

Thanks!!!!!!!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Doubletree DTD/Boardwalk Inn *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #1443
parkers218
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop

personally I would avoid Nemo like the plague. It's a beautiful section no doubt about it but boy can that pool get noisy!!
Hmmmm good point!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #1444
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

I have a couple of questions. First of all 20 days! So excited!

I was wondering if there could be more than one car to have under the reservation? My mom was suppose to come with us on that day, but we have since added PFTS & are staying at CSR the night before, so now she will meet us at the resort. Would she just need to know what the reservation is listed under?

Also with the refillable mugs, are you able to get refills anytime of the day or night? We will spending most of the day in the parks & wouldn't get back to the resort until very late.

Any input would be welcomed.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #1445
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

What are thoughts on 3 grandma's and 3 kids (4 5 and 8) staying in one suite.

Too crowded?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #1446
BYC
DIS Veteran

There are 3 beds. So, the sleeping arrangements would have to be 1 grandma and 1 child per bed, or 2 grandmas and 2 children in separate beds. As long as those arrangements are OK with you, then I think a suite would be fine! 2 bathrooms for 6 people is pretty good, I think!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #1447
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Just returned!

We were in the LM rooms from Sept 24-29. I loved it! The whole area is beautiful! We stayed in building 9 (King Triton) on the top floor, parking lot view. (the only request we had was connecting rooms which we did get with my parents. However we also asked to be next to my in-laws and they ended up down around the corner. We told them to see if they could be moved to be closer to us but they didn't worry about it since we were in the same building and on the same floor)

It was very nice. About a 7 minute walk to the buses with the kids in strollers which I didn't think was too bad. DH and DD got to swim and enjoyed the pool (much less crowded then the Nemo pool). We had connecting rooms with my parents which was very nice - it gave the kids a little extra room with running between rooms (and they liked to knock the door and wake Grammie and Papa up!)

We only ate at the Landscape of Flavors one time for dinner. I had the build your own pasta (spaghetti, marinara and meatballs), the kids had pizza and DH had the meatball sub. We also had the pesta bread - everything was wonderful!

I will be happy to answer any questions if anyone has them.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #1448
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
We were in the LM rooms from Sept 24-29. I loved it! The whole area is beautiful! We stayed in building 9 (King Triton) on the top floor, parking lot view. (the only request we had was connecting rooms which we did get with my parents. However we also asked to be next to my in-laws and they ended up down around the corner. We told them to see if they could be moved to be closer to us but they didn't worry about it since we were in the same building and on the same floor)

It was very nice. About a 7 minute walk to the buses with the kids in strollers which I didn't think was too bad. DH and DD got to swim and enjoyed the pool (much less crowded then the Nemo pool). We had connecting rooms with my parents which was very nice - it gave the kids a little extra room with running between rooms (and they liked to knock the door and wake Grammie and Papa up!)

We only ate at the Landscape of Flavors one time for dinner. I had the build your own pasta (spaghetti, marinara and meatballs), the kids had pizza and DH had the meatball sub. We also had the pesta bread - everything was wonderful!

I will be happy to answer any questions if anyone has them.
It sounds like you had a great time! we are planning our first Disney trip for early November 2013, so I'm currently trying to decide on a resort. It sounds like we will be in a similar situation, as we are traveling with my in-laws and my parents. I think my kids would love the themes at AoA, so I'm leaning toward that right now, and we would stay in a LM room.

Did you feel like there was enough room for the 4 of you in one room? (my kids will be 5 and 2.5 at the time) We don't plan on spending a ton of time in our rooms, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. we also plan on requesting connecting rooms where ever we decide on, I think having grandparents right next door to help get everyone out in the morning will be a huge help! And maybe a nice place to retreat to in the evenings if the kids go to bed before us (I'm assuming the doors somehow prop open in between the rooms?)

I've also read about the lack of storage in the LM rooms, did you have enough, or did you bring some type of clothing organizer to hang in the storage section of the bathroom? thanks so much!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #1449
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYC View Post
There are 3 beds. So, the sleeping arrangements would have to be 1 grandma and 1 child per bed, or 2 grandmas and 2 children in separate beds. As long as those arrangements are OK with you, then I think a suite would be fine! 2 bathrooms for 6 people is pretty good, I think!
Excellent. thanks. We are doing each grandma with their grandchild in each bed.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #1450
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
It sounds like you had a great time! we are planning our first Disney trip for early November 2013, so I'm currently trying to decide on a resort. It sounds like we will be in a similar situation, as we are traveling with my in-laws and my parents. I think my kids would love the themes at AoA, so I'm leaning toward that right now, and we would stay in a LM room.

Did you feel like there was enough room for the 4 of you in one room? (my kids will be 5 and 2.5 at the time) We don't plan on spending a ton of time in our rooms, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. we also plan on requesting connecting rooms where ever we decide on, I think having grandparents right next door to help get everyone out in the morning will be a huge help! And maybe a nice place to retreat to in the evenings if the kids go to bed before us (I'm assuming the doors somehow prop open in between the rooms?)

I've also read about the lack of storage in the LM rooms, did you have enough, or did you bring some type of clothing organizer to hang in the storage section of the bathroom? thanks so much!!
I thought we had enough room - our kids are 2.5 and 4.5. I had my clothes and the kids in one big suitcase that we kept in the sink area on the luggage holder provided and a small suitcase (DD's princess dresses and accessories!) underneath that. DH kept his clothes in a bag by the window. We also had a cooler by the window and kept snacks on the table. I thought there was enough room for what little time we were in there. When we would get back I would just sort thru the clothes and pull out what I needed for the next day and leave that on the shelf/rack that runs along the top of the sink area.
I also loved that there is a curtain that separates the sink/bathroom area because I would wake up before everyone and could get ready without the light waking the kids up early.
Our room had 2 double beds and we had us in 1 and the kids together in the other. My parents room had a king size bed. Once the doors were opened they stayed open on their own without having to prop them.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1451
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

We are staying in a LM standard room. Can anyone tell me what a good spot to request is? We always knew what the best building, etc., to request at Pop was but not sure since this is our first stay at AofA. I guess I'm asking, what's the best area to try to stay in that's closest to the food court, etc.? Thanks!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks at Thanksgiving!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #1452
somesong2sing
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2paisley View Post
We are staying in a LM standard room. Can anyone tell me what a good spot to request is? We always knew what the best building, etc., to request at Pop was but not sure since this is our first stay at AofA. I guess I'm asking, what's the best area to try to stay in that's closest to the food court, etc.? Thanks!
All three LM buildings are 1/4 mile away from the main pool and animation hall/food court. there really isn't a good spot there, but to just be there. We were in building 8. farthest building on the farthest side. Was far. However what annoyed me is that you have to go to an end stair case to walk around to get to the main walk way, or go to the center. There are no "paths" in between.

Me, Dh, DS(13), DD(7)

Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #1453
kikiw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturowski View Post
We had a further walk staying at the pops and Caribbean then the little mermaid section. We were in section 9.. Soooo, I really did not think anything of the walk.. I actually enjoyed the walk with my kids and they didn't mind it either.. We timed it and it was 5 minutes...
Thank you! We really don't mind walking so I was figuring on the same sort of experience with my family but all this talk of "the walk" started to get me a little worried. I wish we could just drop everything and leave today, the wait is KILLING me this time.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #1454
Newbie123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I thought we had enough room - our kids are 2.5 and 4.5. I had my clothes and the kids in one big suitcase that we kept in the sink area on the luggage holder provided and a small suitcase (DD's princess dresses and accessories!) underneath that. DH kept his clothes in a bag by the window. We also had a cooler by the window and kept snacks on the table. I thought there was enough room for what little time we were in there. When we would get back I would just sort thru the clothes and pull out what I needed for the next day and leave that on the shelf/rack that runs along the top of the sink area.
I also loved that there is a curtain that separates the sink/bathroom area because I would wake up before everyone and could get ready without the light waking the kids up early.
Our room had 2 double beds and we had us in 1 and the kids together in the other. My parents room had a king size bed. Once the doors were opened they stayed open on their own without having to prop them.
Thank you for the feedback! Ugh, I can't believe we have to wait over a year to go, I'm so excited. I'm sure I'm going to be worse than the kids when it comes to being beside myself with anticipation in the days leading up to the trip
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #1455
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

are the beds in the lion king suites comfortable?
both the one in the bedroom and the murphy bed?

i had a little mermaid room reserved, but decided to upgrade us to a lion king suite for the two bathrooms.

i'm hoping both beds are comfortable in the LK room!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: