Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #1
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

Noise in Wonder cat T suites? forward vs midship like8032?

Hello. Will be sailing on the Wonder to Alaska in 2013 in a cat T one bedroom suite. Will be traveling with a 1 year old and 4 year old... so daytime naps are important! Have read varying reports on the noise factor from above from the pool, or ping pong tables in the midship suites, such as 8032/8532 vs forward rooms such as 8522 which some say are quieter. However, the midship rooms appear to be a little larger and feel more spacious. With little ones we will be in the room QUITE a bit so it would be nice to have a little more room in the midship suites, BUT I don't want it to be too noisy from the deck above to hinder nap time. Any advice appreciated!
coloradocutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

we were midship on the wonder twice - once if room 8534, one of the wonderful midship one bedroom suites..
and the other time we were in the walt disney suite - also midship, room 8030..

i never tried to sleep during the day, so i don't know what the noise was like then, but it's true that it was noisy in the middle of the night..
however, i was the only one of the 4 of us who woke up...
DH, DS and DD (who is a very very very very light sleeper) never woke up..

it woke me up each morning at about 4:30 am...but i was happy to be up, because there's lots to see off the verandah at that hour..

but again, i was the only one bothered by the noise...
there is a lot of ambient ship noise - motor noise and the like that's very gentle background noise that seems to lull you to sleep...that together with the rocking of the ship...it was sort of like being in a cradle..

i have no basis to compare with other locations...

my family loved the midsip location and as i said, only i was bothered by the noise - and again, DD is a very very light sleeper....
at home, she would wake up when DH snores and her bedroom is all the way on the other side of the house...yet she didn't wake up from the ship noise...

anyway, i don't know if that will help.

oh and yes you're right...the midship one bedroom has a lovely layout that is very very roomy....with a very long verandah....
i would ONLY stay in a midship one bedroom....(if i couldn't be in a royal)...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

That is awesome input! I think the spaciousness may outweigh the noise factor... And if your light sleeper did fine, we may be ok! Looking at the above deck plan, it looks like any suite will have some type of pool or activity above it ... There may be no escaping the noise factor, anyways. I love the photos I have seen of the spacious verandah on the midship suites that you mentioned! Lovely!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

another thing i just remembered about the midship one bedroom - i don't know if this affects you or not - the murphy bed in the midship one bedroom is in the living room, not the bedroom..

from what i understand, in the other one bedrooms, the murphy bed is in the bedroom, but in the four midship one bedrooms (8532, 8534, 8032 and 8034) the murphy bed is in the living room...

this was nice for us....we had the bedroom all to ourselves, while DD and DS were in the living room...(on the murphy and the sofabed)..

and because of the way the living room is placed, you get a verandah that is almost 3 cabins long....certainly bigger than the 2 cabin length of the regular one bedroom...the depth of the verandah is the same (not very deep), but they're longer...

there are many who claim that the midship one bedrooms are actually bigger in square footage, but i don't know if that's true...but they certainly feel much bigger....and the verandah is definitely longer..
Old 09-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

We are booked in 8534, and I love the idea of the long verandah. It sounds like you weren't too bothered by the arcade being above the room. I am encouraged that the noise won't be too bad then!! Your input is SO appreciated!

Last edited by coloradocutie; 09-29-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocutie View Post
We are booked in 8534, and I love the idea of the wide verandas, but a lot of reviewers say it is loud due to the arcade above. Did you find that the case?
i think the arcade is more directly over 8532 than 8534...

look at this deck plan, you'll see that the arcade is more above 8532...in any case, i don't remember hearing the arcade...i remember hearing deck chairs moved above our bedroom at about 4:30 am....(the bedroom is located in the more aft part of the room - so closer to the pool than to the arcade)..
http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...isney%20wonder

and now that i look at that deck plan, i remember something else - it seemed to me that 8534 and 8034 were just a smidgeon larger than the other two midships (8532 and 8032) - the little part that sticks into the hallway was part of the big walk in closet (part of the bedroom)....
gosh i just remembered the master bathroom in 8534...i loved that master bathroom...gorgeous...

i absolutely adored that stateroom - but you know, it might be that it will be noisy for you....everybody is different..
it's always a problem when your cabin is below a public deck rather than below other staterooms....but even with noise, i would pick that cabin...
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
samily
DIS Veteran

When we were on the Wonder in February, they had moved all the ping pong and foosball tables up to deck 10, all the way forward at the sports deck, so you dont have to worry about that noise on the pool deck anymore.

We have been in both the regular and midship one bed suites, and i would definitely recommend the midship - more spacious, the murphy bed in the living area, and the huge verandah!
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

Thank you both so much for your input! Knowing you were in the exact room with all of the information you gave, disneyholic family, and loved it, is wonderful! Thank you! Now the hard part is waiting to sail! I think we will love the midship location... And chances are I will be the one awakening while everyone else sleeps... And I will just head out to that grand verandah! Thanks again!

Tags
category t, suite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: