Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #2296
Wenny
Hi! I'm new. :D

6 days!!!! :D

Booked DD for an evening at Sandcastle Club so DH and I can spend a few hours at F&W. I'm downright giddy!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #2297
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenny View Post

Booked DD for an evening at Sandcastle Club so DH and I can spend a few hours at F&W. I'm downright giddy!!
6 days for us too! I'm posting just so I can see my ticker. I am so excited. My mom is flying in and we're driving and we're meeting on Saturday afternoon. My mom has never been to WDW and she's basically coming to see the grandkids, but she's not like a Disney convert yet. Ha! I know that by the end of this trip she'll be converted. We're celebrating her 65 birthday, which is next Tuesday. I thought about booking someplace new, but BC was the first place we went as a family (my husband and I and the kids) and we had such a great time, I wanted to go with the 'true and tried' for this trip. I am going to start packing tomorrow, and I need to write the notes to the teachers and finish my list of noshes from F&W, based on the pics from DisneyFoodBlog.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #2298
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenny

Once I finally put my son in Sandcastle Club I couldn't stop! He begged to go there all the time. I can't believe I actually felt guilty about doing it in the beginning!! He's 12 now and will be too old. He'll probably still want to go back!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #2299
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Our big family trip will be July 2014. I think I can actually start booking rooms sometime next spring.

Don't worry, Robyn. Still planning a short trip for next year's DisMeet!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #2300
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
6 days for us too! I'm posting just so I can see my ticker. I am so excited.
Wenny and Vinotinto, I'm a member of the "6 day club" too! We're SO excited and can't wait to be back at BC!

Robyn and YCFan, I always think of the two of you when we plan our own "in room celebration," so had to report the plan for this trip. The Mickey Pumpkin ear hats, personalized Mickey Pumpkin cinch bags from Etsy (for MNSSHP trick-or-treating), glow sticks, Halloween Mickey Plush and a "credit" for a MNSSHP t-shirt. It's a small celebration, and I'll need to run to the room to set it up myself this time, but I'm very excited. Thanks again to both of you for all the inspiration!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #2301
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Have a blast pixarmom!! One of the best trips I ever had was during F&W and MNSSHP. LOVE being in MK for the party!! Sounds like you've got it covered. Please post pics. Can't wait to see them!!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #2302
Wenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN

Once I finally put my son in Sandcastle Club I couldn't stop! He begged to go there all the time. I can't believe I actually felt guilty about doing it in the beginning!! He's 12 now and will be too old. He'll probably still want to go back!!!
This is exactly what I'm hoping will happen!

DH said "$11.50 an hour???" I'm pretty sure it will be the best $42 we spend next week. Hahaha!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #2303
CruisingCamper
DIS Veteran

How do you book an evening at the Sandcastle Club? We leave in 14 days!!
2014- Disney's Saratoga Springs Feb
2013- Art of Animation Nov, Disney Fantasy Dec, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2012- Yacht Club Oct, Fort Wilderness April
2011- Fort Wilderness March, Beach Club Nov, Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec
2010- Fort Wilderness April
2009- Disney's Swan Aug, Fort Wilderness May, Fort Wilderness March
2008- Disney Magic Dec, Polynesian Dec, Caribbean Beach March
2006- Saratoga Springs Feb, Wilderness Lodge Jan
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #2304
wendywoo
Mouseketeer

Made home this afternoon
Already missing BC!! We had a wonderful stay with an amazing upgrade!! Now my kids have to come back down to reality.... lol
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #2305
chimommy
Mouseketeer

can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #2306
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy
can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to mk from bc on the bus? I really want to stay at bc, but we are planning on spending most of our time at mk... so I think it might be a better choice to stay at a mk resort. I really dont like taking the buses... but maybe its worth it?

Thanks!
The long bus ride to MK from the BC was one of the only things I didn't like about staying there. There always seemed to be at least a ten to fifteen minute wait. And the bus was usually shared with the YC. So if we made it to the MK in less than half an hour it was unusual.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #2307
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Here are some pics from our recent trip!
Great pics.....your daughter is adorable .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
6 days for us too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wenny and Vinotinto, I'm a member of the "6 day club" too! We're SO excited and can't wait to be back at BC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper View Post
We leave in 14 days!!
Hope you all have great trips .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywoo View Post
Made home this afternoon
Already missing BC!! We had a wonderful stay with an amazing upgrade!! Now my kids have to come back down to reality.... lol
Sorry your trip is over, but glad you had a great time while you were there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimommy View Post

Thanks!
When we stayed at the BC, the buses were always crowded and shared with the YC/BWI/Swan/Dolphin and although it got a little frustrating, we did have a great time at the BC and we are trying the YC next summer. I have read reports of the buses only servicing BC/YC and not being all that bad for getting to MK (or AK), so I think it's hit or miss as not everyone has the same experience when it comes to the buses at the Epcot resorts. With that said, the BC really is a great resort, so if you can handle the buses, I don't think you would regret staying there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #2308
LovintheLodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7

Totally OT but How was California? How did Disneyland compare to WDW?
Hi Robyn! We had a great vacation and loved DL and DCA! My brother in law and his family live nearby DLR, have annual passes and go all the time. We stayed with them several days and also stayed at a hotel next to DCA for a couple of nights. Let me just say that they pack a lot of attractions in those two parks...and the parks are right next to each other! Disneyland is just wonderful...my one word to describe it is 'charming'. I was planning on writing a review with comparisons but still didn't get around to it...lol. Oh and the new Carsland addition to DCA is fantastic, it looks just like it does in the movie.

Kerry
Beach Club - Aug 2010
Wilderness Lodge - Aug 2005
All Star Sports - Nov 2000 (1st family trip)
Offsite - May 1988
Offsite - Jan 1983
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #2309
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to wish everyone a happy October!

I will be away from home for most of the next few days, so I won't be able to catch up with much on the thread until mid-week.

Still looking for an Activities Schedule for October, so if you happen to get your hands on one, please let me know. If you are staying CL in October and ask IPO to email a copy to you, I would love it if you could email it to

beachclubdee@yahoo.com

For everyone leaving for the world this week- Have a fantastic, magical time!

BTW- there are a few new installments of the Adventures of Flat Ben, including the pictures from cindydare's trip last week. Click on the link in my signature if you want to follow along.

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 10-01-2012 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #2310
Wenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingCamper
How do you book an evening at the Sandcastle Club? We leave in 14 days!!
Call dining reservations - 407-WDW-DINE. I had to keep saying "I don't know" to the system, since activity centers weren't one of the automated options. But I finally got to a very helpful non-automated CM who was able to book it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: