DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

While everyone recommends SSR, I think AKV is now somewhat of a value too.

If you can get a contract in the low $60's/pp price, even with it's higher MF's, the value comes with the point chart.

The value rooms, which you often need the 11 month booking window for, are a great use of points.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
vikkii19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post

If you can get a contract in the low $60's/pp price, even with it's higher MF's, the value comes with the point chart.

The value rooms, which you often need the 11 month booking window for, are a great use of points.
I've often qualified that the best $$ value for WDW usage is the cheapest resort you can buy on a prorated basis. One has to decide what the value of the extra years gained or lost is but they do have potential value (and risk as well). The cheapest unweighted should be OKW non extended with SSR next and likely a better value adjusted. However, I've often made the point that you could buy a different resort at times cheaper when a special deal arose. I've turned down VWL for just over $40 a point but it's hard to say if it would have survived ROFR though I suspect it would have.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #18
Caren90
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I've often qualified that the best $$ value for WDW usage is the cheapest resort you can buy on a prorated basis. One has to decide what the value of the extra years gained or lost is but they do have potential value (and risk as well). The cheapest unweighted should be OKW non extended with SSR next and likely a better value adjusted. However, I've often made the point that you could buy a different resort at times cheaper when a special deal arose. I've turned down VWL for just over $40 a point but it's hard to say if it would have survived ROFR though I suspect it would have.
Dean, when you plan on turning down those $40 VWL contracts, please let me know.

Stephen
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
Brownieone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkii19 View Post

I know the value rooms at AKV have a ton of fans, but aren't they a little on the smaller size? I kind of put them more in the hotel category, but nice, a great location, and low points ... but not giving us the space I look for in a DVC unit. Of course, if it were just the two of us, and not 4, I could see it.

So to summarize that ... great use of points yes! But it has to fit your needs.
Brownieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownieone View Post
I know the value rooms at AKV have a ton of fans, but aren't they a little on the smaller size? I kind of put them more in the hotel category, but nice, a great location, and low points ... but not giving us the space I look for in a DVC unit. Of course, if it were just the two of us, and not 4, I could see it.

So to summarize that ... great use of points yes! But it has to fit your needs.
Other than a handful of BWV rooms and OKW all of the on property villas are fairly close to each other (and on the smaller side) other than BLT I think has smaller villas and the AKV value are smaller. When I say close, I'm talking generally within 5 square feet. I'm ignoring 3 BR GV. Certainly non value AKV are not really smaller than anything else on property other than OKW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: