DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
NDQuietman
Earning My Ears

DVC, AP, Cash vacations

New DVC member here, so new we have not used points to stay yet. Our current plan has our points banked for next year, but we're looking to visit WDW this year anyway ( want all 2 years points available next year) so we'll be booking a trip paying cash rather than DVC points.

So, we are planning to purchase our Annual Passes tomorrow when the special DVC deal begins, and it has me wondering the best way to book my cash trip.

Since DVC members and AP holders get various discounts on things, what order should I do the following:
Purchase AP
Book stay at resort
Purchase dining plan

Do AP holders get discounts on cash paid resort visits? Who gets a better deal on dining? When I purchase the AP I know it does not get activated until I first use it at the park, but can I use it before that for any applicable discounts on stays or dining ( assuming its a better discount than my DVC membership if there is any)?

I'm not the type of person who gets easily confused, but this is quite an intermingled web

Past Trips: Dec 1999 Dixie Landings, Oct 2009 Wilderness Lodge, Nov 2010 Wilderness Lodge, April 2012 Wilderness Lodge, November 2012 Wilderness Lodge Concierge/Club Level, Oct 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House 3-BR Grand Villa
NDQuietman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Annual passholders do get discounts at certain times of the year on rooms but always subject to availability.

After you have the activated your pass and have a number off the back of it, you can register on the Passholder site to check for discounts and even book them.

Until then if you want to book a room with a discount you will have to call, Disney Reservations. If you want to check for a cash DVC discount, you would call Member Services.

You can check to see if Passholder discounts are even being offered for when you want to go by checking online. It might be they are not being offered.

As to which is the best discount, Annual Pass or DVC cash, you will have to do the math on that.

There is no discount on dining plan, there is some discounts on certain restaurants. You will have to activate your pass to get restaurant discounts.

DVC members get 25% off DVC resorts only and again subject to availability.

Here is info about adding the Dining plan for Passholders and/or DVC members

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/dining...l-passholders/

Last edited by Sammie; 09-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: