Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

Here now, Stroller as a wheelchair, did I miss something???

This is our 2nd trip to Disney since our special little man joined our family. Each time we have rented a double city mini stroller and requested a stroller as a wheel chair. 2 years ago we had no problems, in fact I explained his needs and they told me that his was what would help him. Not being rude, just helping an obviously new special needs mom. This trip, I went to guest services. I brought my son told them I needed a GAC card, she got the card, wrote his information on it and no accommodations on it. I asked for stroller as a wheelchair and she refused because I had a double stroller. I explained that this was a necessary accommodation for his safety!!! His airway is reactive and closes with irritation. Not to mention, all of the other medical issues. Like the hemiparesis. She was not having it because I had a double stroller. The statement that finally won my argument was when I said, ma'am I can grow another pair of hands because I have a child with a disability. Trust me, I wish I had them! She rolled her eyes, stamped the card, gave me the sticker and slammed it down on the counter. It wasn't a good experience. Could I have done anything to improve this??? Did the policy change???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: