Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: WWYD, 14 nights of Disney or 20 nights of Med/Cruise?
14 nights of WDW/DCL Fantasy, nothing better than the Mouse! 11 18.97%
20 nights of Med cruise with Transatlantic - can't have enough sea days! 47 81.03%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #31
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post

ETA, the Med/Transatlantic is a NCL. We just tried one of their smaller ships and we enjoyed ourselves so we're going to assume one of the larger ships should be similar.
I've sailed on NCL on a smaller ship (Panama Canal) and a larger ship (Transatlantic). NCL is fine as long as you're comfortable with Freestyle dining.

I have a 2013 NCL Med cruise booked.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #32
miztressuz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
I've sailed on NCL on a smaller ship (Panama Canal) and a larger ship (Transatlantic). NCL is fine as long as you're comfortable with Freestyle dining.

I have a 2013 NCL Med cruise booked.

Woody
Totally comfortable with freestyle, in fact, that's the "con" to DCL for us - the fixed dining time. (but we're totally willing to live with it for the other stuff ) Some nights we eat early if there are activities later that we don't want to miss... or if we over exerted on the shore excursion and need a sail away nap, we take dinner later we feel that's the beauty of vacation.

thanks everyone for all the votes, in the beginning it was pretty neck and neck but it's turned into landslide for the Med cruise. that's basically what we've decided as well - assuming the ancillary charges don't dramatically increase in the next year (airfare, hotels, etc) and we can get a reasonable price on the DCL trip when the 2014 rates come out.

logically it makes the most sense for all the reasons outlined here. it's one of the stupidest things in the world to say but really i was thinking "i have to push out the WDW/DCL trip for another whole year just so i can go to Europe and sail the Atlantic for 20 nights " oh boo hoo right?

we can always hope to win the lottery big enough for one of us to not need to work between now and then and just do both... a girl can dream right?
WDW
'06, '08, '09, '10, '11 POP
'93 CR with folks
miztressuz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztressuz View Post
I've got both booked and just waiting for the 2014 itineraries come out to figure which to move/cancel. What would you guys do in this situation?
I think you should stick with the Disney cruise!! I am also on that sailing and just think of the fun we will have once we are on the ship!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: