Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

Bed layout in Royal Suite on Magic questions

We're going to be in a Royal Suite on the Magic in a a month and a bit, and we're trying to figure out how to arrange our party of 5. (We were supposed to be a party of 6, but one member of our group has bailed out. In theory, that should make it easier, but I'm not sure it does.) I've seen the floorplan, but I've still got a few questions, trying to figure out how best the various rooms and beds.

Here's the issues... My DM is traveling with us, and is a night owl. She wakes up in the middle of the night, and needs a space where she can be comfortable and snack and read for a couple of hours without disturbing anyone. Our toddler will theoretically be in a pack n play, although she can climb out of it and might prefer to sleep on a sofa or low bed. She sometimes wakes up at night and cries in unfamiliar places, and DS flatly refuses to share a room with her any more on vacation because he can't get enough sleep if she's fussing nearby. DS is scared of heights, and so cannot be in one of the pull down bunks.

It feels a little like one of those puzzle games - A cannot sleep in a room with B, B cannot be in a top bunk, C needs her own space at night. It looks like there are 3 rooms with beds, so there should be enough spaces for everyone, plus a space for the toddler if she's still in a pack n play. Honestly, I don't think anyone in our group can stand to be in a top bunk, so for practical purposes, let's just discount those beds entirely.

So, some more specific questions...

How big is the bed in the library/media room? I know there is supposed to be one, but I haven't seen a picture of it, nor am I quite sure how it works. The floorplan shows 2 chairs and a table in there, so I'm having trouble envisioning it.

Can the twin beds in the 2nd bedroom be pushed together? I've read conflicting reports. I honestly thought I read an anecdote sometime about someone bringing their own screwdriver and doing it themselves when their room steward couldn't/wouldn't do it for them, but I can't find it now.

Is there room in the dining room to slip a pack n play in there somehow? I know that seems silly, but I don't want to put her in the living room, since people would be going in and out of it while she's napping, and I don't want to put her in whatever room her brother will be sleeping in. Just not sure where to put the pack n play...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Rose View Post
We're going to be in a Royal Suite on the Magic in a a month and a bit, and we're trying to figure out how to arrange our party of 5. (We were supposed to be a party of 6, but one member of our group has bailed out. In theory, that should make it easier, but I'm not sure it does.) I've seen the floorplan, but I've still got a few questions, trying to figure out how best the various rooms and beds.

Here's the issues... My DM is traveling with us, and is a night owl. She wakes up in the middle of the night, and needs a space where she can be comfortable and snack and read for a couple of hours without disturbing anyone. Our toddler will theoretically be in a pack n play, although she can climb out of it and might prefer to sleep on a sofa or low bed. She sometimes wakes up at night and cries in unfamiliar places, and DS flatly refuses to share a room with her any more on vacation because he can't get enough sleep if she's fussing nearby. DS is scared of heights, and so cannot be in one of the pull down bunks.

It feels a little like one of those puzzle games - A cannot sleep in a room with B, B cannot be in a top bunk, C needs her own space at night. It looks like there are 3 rooms with beds, so there should be enough spaces for everyone, plus a space for the toddler if she's still in a pack n play. Honestly, I don't think anyone in our group can stand to be in a top bunk, so for practical purposes, let's just discount those beds entirely.

So, some more specific questions...

How big is the bed in the library/media room? I know there is supposed to be one, but I haven't seen a picture of it, nor am I quite sure how it works. The floorplan shows 2 chairs and a table in there, so I'm having trouble envisioning it.

Can the twin beds in the 2nd bedroom be pushed together? I've read conflicting reports. I honestly thought I read an anecdote sometime about someone bringing their own screwdriver and doing it themselves when their room steward couldn't/wouldn't do it for them, but I can't find it now.

Is there room in the dining room to slip a pack n play in there somehow? I know that seems silly, but I don't want to put her in the living room, since people would be going in and out of it while she's napping, and I don't want to put her in whatever room her brother will be sleeping in. Just not sure where to put the pack n play...

Any advice would be much appreciated.
I know my reply is not helpful in any specific way, but I think you should just show up and not over think the situation. We stayed in the Roy on the Wonder and enjoyed the interior space. I am sure once everybody is inside and situated, the solution will simply become apparent.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #3
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Put DM and toddler in the 2nd bedroom, since they both are prone to waking up at night (keep each other company?). The dining room is right next door and living room right around the corner in case the toddler starts fussing.

DS in the library, and you and the spouse in the main bedroom.
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

we were in the walt disney suite....
there were only 4 of us, but i know that it can hold up to 7 people...
isn't there a murphy bed somewhere?

let's see....two people fit in the master bedroom
two people fit in the second bedroom (where our kids were)..
i think 2 people fit on the sofabed...
so that means there must be a murphy bed somewhere for the additional person that makes seven people..
maybe the murphy is in the study? i didn't pay attention..

but in any case, i would do as follows if i were you..

the two of you in the master...
your son in the 2nd bedroom...
your daughter in the pack and play in the study
and your mother in the living room on the sofabed..
Old 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
BethA
DIS Veteran

The Murphy bed in the library is supposed to be queen size but seemed more like full. Good for 1 adult. If the tv is on there you will hear it in the main bedroom. Sliding doors do not keep out all noise.
Not sure if you can move the furniture in the dining room. A pack and play will fit but it would be tight.
We never requested the beds be put together and I have read conflicting reports as well.
Someone who stays up late can watch the tv in the living room at one time I think the couch opened up but I am not sure about that now.
You will love the room
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
BethA
DIS Veteran

I don t think the sofa beds hold 2 unless small children

There are 2 upper bunks in the second bedroom as well
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

We're really looking forward to the room! We are very excited about the cruise, it's actually our first trip with DCL, although we've all cruised before (including the toddler, although she's just done one other.)

My DM won't sleep with the toddler, either, BTW. DD either needs to be in with me and DH (sub optimal), or in her own room.

I know I'm probably overthinking it, and any plan we come up with will probably get discarded as soon as we see the room anyway! I was just trying to get a sense of our options. We've tried all sorts of different solutions on various vacations, but it's definitely gotten a little more difficult since DD joined our family. (DM really likes to travel with us, and if my DstepF doesn't come along, she really prefers to be in a large suite with us instead of in her own room.)

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

I was just in the Roy a few weeks ago. The master sleeps 2. The library next to the master has the Murphy bed, which should sleep one, we didnt have it down, since it was only me and DH. The couch does not open, but someone could sleep on it. The second bedroom sleeps four, two twins and two bunks.

There is a tv in each of the bedrooms, the living room and the library. The pack and play will fit in the second bedroom, the living room and the master bedroom.

If your mom wants to eat and watch tv she can do that in the lib rary or the second bedroom. If you don't want mom waking up baby, then put baby with you, DS in second bedroom and mom in library. Or, DS in library, mom in second bedroom with baby.

Basically there are LOTS or options and LOTS of room. Don't sweat it . BTW..you can leave the master bedroom through the hallway without going through the library.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: