Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
MissSkellington
Of cabbages and kings...

DLH price & views?

Considering taking last minute advantage of the 40% off sale, and booking the DLH for my son's birthday...3 night weekend in late January (2 adults/ 1 child)... Prices show as 1064€....is this a decent price? About as low as it gets, or might there be a better deal, eventually?

Also, I've read that views can vary in that hotel...and on viewing a park map, it appears that the Phantom Manor lies to the left of the hotel...my son's favorite ride... Is it possible to have a view of it from the hotel, or even request such a thing? Also, do they offer birthday buttons?

Thanks so very much!
*WDW 2005 - POP (April) *DLR 2008 (May) - offsite
*DLR 2008 (Oct) - offsite *DLR 2009 (Dec) - offsite
*WDW 2011 (Feb) POR *1st DLRP 2012 (Nov) SL
*DLRP 2013 (Feb) NPBC *DLRP 2013 (June) DLH
*DLRP 2013 (Oct) SL *DLRP 2013 (Nov) HNY *DLRP 2014 (Jan) DLH
MissSkellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
wmoon
Mouseketeer

40% off is pretty good. Only once did I get it slightly cheaper which was an offer through voyage prive. Just checked, that was last December and we got it for £871 for 4 nights. We are £1400 this october for 4 nights though on the 40% so even if voyage prive do an offer no guarantee what the rate or dates would be.

No idea about the view. I wouldn't have thought there is a view of phantom manor but someone else may be able to tell you for sure.

DLH is a great hotel, especially with little ones in the winter. x
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

I know in Holland there is a flash sale coming this week with upto 50% off. The only thing is - you will not know what dates this will be valid for and the 40% sale ends tomorrow. So I guess you can book with certainty now or wait a few days with the risk of your dates not being included and then having to pay a higher price.......
I call this "Disney chicken" and have played this quite a few times myself :-D
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
PrettyP
Mouseketeer

addverbaan I am playing "Disney Chicken" at the moment! What a brilliant name for it!!! I will be using that term in future (with your permission). Unfortunately not with DLH though this year as it's out of my budget but am waiting to see what happens after the current offer ends on the other hotels. I did it in 2010 and ended up paying the same price for the DLH booking in Oct, that had been the offer if I'd booked in Sept and also got Free Meals thrown in. But I'm kind of flexible on my dates (just once I go in the Christmas season) so that makes it easier
1992: 2 day-trips from Paris city 1998: Santa Fe 2000: 1 day-trip from Paris city 2002: Sequoia Lodge 2003: Sequoia Lodge 2008: Newport Bay 2009: Hotel New York 2010: Disneyland Hotel 2012: Hotel New York 1992 trip was in summer, every trip since has been during the Christmas season!! Love it!!
PrettyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
wmoon
Mouseketeer

Pretty P you should sign up with voyage prive if you are flexible on dates. The offer we got last year came out after disneys offer ended and workd out a great price for us.

DS started school this year so unfortunately the Christmas season is a no no for us now....
Old 09-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
MissSkellington
Of cabbages and kings...

Unfortunately, my days are pretty set. Just so happens to be a 'no school' day for my son's birthday this year, so we're able to sneak away for the long weekend. So I guess we'll just take the plunge today and book with fingers crossed.
I'm sure it will be worth it!

What's a flash sale?
*WDW 2005 - POP (April) *DLR 2008 (May) - offsite
*DLR 2008 (Oct) - offsite *DLR 2009 (Dec) - offsite
*WDW 2011 (Feb) POR *1st DLRP 2012 (Nov) SL
*DLRP 2013 (Feb) NPBC *DLRP 2013 (June) DLH
*DLRP 2013 (Oct) SL *DLRP 2013 (Nov) HNY *DLRP 2014 (Jan) DLH
MissSkellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyP View Post
addverbaan I am playing "Disney Chicken" at the moment! What a brilliant name for it!!! I will be using that term in future (with your permission). Unfortunately not with DLH though this year as it's out of my budget but am waiting to see what happens after the current offer ends on the other hotels. I did it in 2010 and ended up paying the same price for the DLH booking in Oct, that had been the offer if I'd booked in Sept and also got Free Meals thrown in. But I'm kind of flexible on my dates (just once I go in the Christmas season) so that makes it easier
Of course you may use the term lol
I have also been both a winner and a loser playing this game, once saved almost 300 euro by waiting 3 extra days - hit flash sale! and once ended up paying 80 euros more which was not too bad bit still sucked!
amanda
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
PrettyP
Mouseketeer

addverban yes it is a gamble but sometimes it's worth it to get a good deal. I'm hoping if the gamble goes wrong it won't go up too much!
1992: 2 day-trips from Paris city 1998: Santa Fe 2000: 1 day-trip from Paris city 2002: Sequoia Lodge 2003: Sequoia Lodge 2008: Newport Bay 2009: Hotel New York 2010: Disneyland Hotel 2012: Hotel New York 1992 trip was in summer, every trip since has been during the Christmas season!! Love it!!
PrettyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSkellington View Post
What's a flash sale?
A sale that is over in a flash Originally they lasted only a few days now they can last for up to a fortnight.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Tink'sMum
Mouseketeer

Am seeing 3 nts dlh next March for me, dh and 2 kids.. €1080. Ds's birthday while there.

BUT I CAN'T AFFORD IT!! *cries*
Tink'sMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
A sale that is over in a flash Originally they lasted only a few days now they can last for up to a fortnight.
Also, with a flash sale there might be up to 50% off but it changes regularly during that period. E.g. you may find one day 40% off DLH but because there are only so many rooms at that rate, you might look the next day and it might be only 30 or 35% off. Or it might change to a different Disney hotel day by day! It can depend.

With regard to the view - it is quite difficult to get a good park view in the DLH - as most park views belong to Castle Club rooms and actually are at a premium on top of the standard CC rates! There are a few with Fantasia Gardens views and looking over towards the WDS - which we've had before (was v nice seeing the ToT all lit up from the window).

I have never been in the left hand side area of the DLH to stay - always the right so I'm really not sure about the view of PM. To be absolutely honest, once I get into the DLH, my bearings of where we are in relation to the Park goes out of the window !

As for the price, I honestly have no idea. We always seem to end up paying around £1300 - 1600 per room for 4 nights but have never been successful in a flash sale. We did book our hotel for our next trip in August and when the current 40% offer came out we realised we were paying around £300 more (for two rooms in the DLH) so I did ring up and ask about it and to my surprise they allowed me the new, lower price. However, some people haven't been as lucky, so I guess the golden rule is be comfortable with what you are booking at in case something better comes along and you can't upgrade or change!

Finally, if you can afford it, I would recommend the DLH in winter - it is so much nearer and easier with a little one in tow. I was thinking of trying a different hotel in Nov but my Mum talked me into booking DLH again due to the location in the cold! ETA - I will try the Sequoia Lodge one of these trips!!

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: