Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 AM   #76
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissarose View Post
Can someone tell me, if you stay at one of the farthest buildings, for example on the outskirts of AB, how long REALISTICALLY the walk from your room to the lobby would be? I've seen so many different versions. I will be there with my boyfriend only, no children, just two fairly fit adults (lol) so really is the walk that bad?
In my experience it isn't that the distance is so far, it is that the paths wind around. There is not much in the way of straight lines at POR.

For my last stay at POR my family was placed in building #34. We were in the section closest to the West Depot. It didn't look that bad of a location on the map, until you look closely and see where the paths are. It was a bit of a walk from there to the main buildings. So much so that it kept us from just popping over to fill our mugs. If I filled mine when leaving the food court it was empty by the time I got back to the room. But it was a good location because it was so close to a bus stop and a quiet pool.

If what you want is to be close to the food court, then you might want to consider paying for a preferred room.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #77
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I'm interested in this distance thing too. Altho we will have a car, who wants to get in it just to drive to the drink refill station? I don't want to pay for a preferred location tho, so we'll just walk and get the exercise we need!
On another note, I do wonder about "creatures" who might populate the landscape around us as we are walking back and forth, particularly at night!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #78
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Where are the bus stops in AB?

If we are kinda far back in AB does the bus stop near main building before leaving resort? Curious as to if we are far back and near a bus stop would it be quicker to hop a bus to get to food court?
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #79
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I once measured the maximum walking distances from any room at POR to a food court door using the ruler tool on Google Earth, and it came to almost exactly 500 yards from both the furthest AB and the furthest mansion building rooms. So at a decent fit walking pace (2-3 miles per hour) you could easily do it in 6-8 minutes once you've got the ideal route worked out.
Wow that's not bad at all. good to know. Although, after a long day at the parks, even a few more steps can feel like a mile
Old 09-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #80
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

If we are kinda far back in AB does the bus stop near main building before leaving resort? Curious as to if we are far back and near a bus stop would it be quicker to hop a bus to get to food court?
Not always.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #81
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Just Oak Manor and Parterre Place have royal goodness.
You misread her question; she is asking which buildings in the mansions have king beds.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #82
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser
I'm interested in this distance thing too. Altho we will have a car, who wants to get in it just to drive to the drink refill station? I don't want to pay for a preferred location tho, so we'll just walk and get the exercise we need!
On another note, I do wonder about "creatures" who might populate the landscape around us as we are walking back and forth, particularly at night!!
The only creatures we saw were plenty of geckos, a bunny on the Parterre lawn, and a butterfly in the bushes along the river. Never saw anything at night.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #83
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
The only creatures we saw were plenty of geckos, a bunny on the Parterre lawn, and a butterfly in the bushes along the river. Never saw anything at night.
Yeah I agree, I only have ever seen small lizards and tree frogs. Occasional squirrels, and birds.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #84
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyesrnc View Post
Another beautiful pic DisneyFreak06. You have a gift. Thanks so much.
Thank you. :blush

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

The bus does not always go to the Main stop last. You might hop on a bus and end up at a park! The loop doesn't always stay the same.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #85
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Thank you. :blush

The bus does not always go to the Main stop last. You might hop on a bus and end up at a park! The loop doesn't always stay the same.
Agreed it does change all the time. Main Depot aka South Depot is the best chance at getting on a bus. Just my opinion, I always get a bus from there in the mornings and get to where I need to be at rope drop.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #86
isk8
Mouseketeer

Posting again...Does anyone have information on how the TV's are bolted in the Alligator Bayou rooms?

Original post:
Hi Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a few days now because I switched our Holiday trip from POP to POR. Thanks for all of the info and the pictures! We've been staying at CSR, but we felt we needed a change this trip.

I have a question about the TV above the murphy bed in the AB rooms. And before I ask this, please note, I'm from San Francisco. How is the TV bolted to the wall? My son wants to sleep in the murphy bed. Coming from earthquake country, we never put anything above our beds, so seeing a TV (of all things) over a sleeping area makes me nervous.

Thanks!
2013 - DLR Paradise Pier & WDW Beach Club * 2012 - DLR Doubletree Suites & WDW Port Orleans Riverside * 2011 - Disneyland Hotel & WDW Coronado Springs * 2010 - WDW Coronado Springs & DLR Candy Cane Inn * 2009 - WDW Dolphin & WDW Coronado Springs * 2007 - DLR - Disneyland Hotel * 2006 - DLR Disneyland Hotel - Baby's First Trip!! * 2002 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter * 2001 - DLP Newport Bay Club * 2000 - WDW All-Star Movies * 1999 - DLR Disneyland Hotel * 1998 - WDW All-Star Sports * 1997 - DLR - First Trip!! * 1996 - WDW All-Star Sports & Some Random Spring Break Off-site!! * 1994 - WDW Dixie Landings * 1980 - WDW Polynesian Village

Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #87
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by isk8 View Post
Posting again...Does anyone have information on how the TV's are bolted in the Alligator Bayou rooms?

Original post:
Hi Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a few days now because I switched our Holiday trip from POP to POR. Thanks for all of the info and the pictures! We've been staying at CSR, but we felt we needed a change this trip.

I have a question about the TV above the murphy bed in the AB rooms. And before I ask this, please note, I'm from San Francisco. How is the TV bolted to the wall? My son wants to sleep in the murphy bed. Coming from earthquake country, we never put anything above our beds, so seeing a TV (of all things) over a sleeping area makes me nervous.

Thanks!
Umm nothing to worry about. These tvs are secured into 2x4s with 5" Wood Bolts and checked very well before they even open the building for guest to stay in. These have no chance of falling on top of anyone.

Hope this doesn't sway your plans to stay in the AB area. I know I would sleep under it and never have a worry.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #88
kydisfan
Mouseketeer

We are here at POR Royal Guest Room and love it. Everything is perfect except we won't be in the room much. I explored a little and found the pool and bar behind food court. My wife had the pasta for lunch and love it.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #89
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kydisfan View Post
We are here at POR Royal Guest Room and love it. Everything is perfect except we won't be in the room much. I explored a little and found the pool and bar behind food court. My wife had the pasta for lunch and love it.
Cool Nice to hear your enjoying it. Bar stocked pretty good with different choices?
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #90
melissarose
Mouseketeer

I just asked this on another thread, but does POR have only one hot tub? I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm assuming younger kids don't have much interest in it, especially not at night! Just curious, as I will be there in February!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: