Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #16
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

I booked through Small World Vacations and we got OBC plus some other stuff for our WDW portion of our trip. The rpice dropped for part of our trip and she got us the new rate and emailed us when it was done - I didn't have to do a thing. That alone makes it worth it. I was able to book m,y own excursions and meals at WDW which I wanted to do (the control freak part of me needed some control on the planning of the trip) and we asked a trillion questions which she was easily able to answer. Since we started talking to her 9 months ago, she has gone to Disney twice so I trust her experiences.

I have used TA's for other big trips and it has always been worth it - on a trip to the Galapogas Islands years ago we had flight issues and one call to the travel agent and everything was taken care of and rebooked and we just sat back and waited for them to do everything - it was way less stressful than being stuck in an airport and having to make a lot of calls (and some international) - we made one call and everything was handled for us.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #17
zacaronius
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2girlsLA View Post
I booked through Small World Vacations and we got OBC plus some other stuff for our WDW portion of our trip..
I have used a local travel agent once, and while he was awesome on coordinating our trip and giving us some suggestions about taking the late dining, there were no perks I can remember, but it was nice for our first cruise. For our last cruise and our upcoming one we booked with Small World Vacations and work with a wonderful TA, we got and OBC for our first one as well as the future one we booked while on board. Its nice when you have a TA that loves Disney, they do have tips, tricks suggestions and ours is really easy to get ahold of via email or phone.

WDW 2009, Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009, Wonder Mexican Riviera 2011, Wonder Mexican Riviera 2012, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2013.
zacaronius is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #18
klr6773
Mouseketeer

We've booked both the Wonder ( 4 ys ago) and the Fantasy (10/13) through Costco Travel. As a former TA myself, I know how to do the legwork. However, Costco gave us a cash card around $150 last time and we will be getting a $340 cash card after the Fantasy trip! Prices quoted are the same as booking Disney directly,but the cash card is simply too awesome to pass up on. Much rather have that than a shipboard credit,especially so close to Christmas shopping time!

RCCL "Nordic Empress" '96 & '97 Bahamas x2
Celebrity "Mercury" '99 Western
Celebrity "Zenith" '04 Bermuda
Disney"Wonder" '08 4N Sea/3n land (POFQ)
Disney "Fantasy" '13 Eastern
klr6773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #19
MillauFr
Buzz & Woody

We used Costco Travel. They gave us a $595 Costco Gift Card on our $7500 Wonder cruise this Summer. Just like at the stores they are professional and efficient, but they really don't do any hand holding. I didn't need any help so it worked for me.
MillauFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
FOXFIELDZOO
Mouseketeer

Travel Agent Perks

First I have to say the main "Perk" for me is not having to do all the work myself.When you have so many other things to do in life ,also when you are a first timer they have alot of great tips that you may not have known .you have to think about the value of your time ,P.S. most commisions are paid out by the co.they book a trip for, not the consumer.And most will work hard for you to give you the best value for your money
Old 09-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
mickeyschickie
Disney Commando in Laid-back Mom disguise...heh heh heh...

I sent my TA a room request change after working hrs last night, by the time I logged on to my email this morning, she had already called DCL and took care of it for me!
Thanks Kristie!
12/2004- Saratoga Springs
01/2004- WLV
01/2002- Contemporary
11/2000- WL- Honeymoon Room
07/1998- FW Cabin
12/1996- FW Cabin
07/1995- FW Cabin
06/1994- FW Cabin
06/1993- FW RV
11/1989- Contemporary Resort
1981-1989- various off-site locations