Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #1
topsy
Mouseketeer

Can I transfer a 2013 cruise to 2014 when the dates are released?

Hi,

You may have read before that I am desperate to book the Alaska crusie for our Honeymoon in 2014, but I am becoming more concerned that Disney just might not return to Alaska after 2013.

The lovely folks at Dreams Unlimited have given me a good quote for the cruise in September 2013 which I am tempted to book just in case. My fiance has agreed that we can make the trip in 2013 our reverse Honeymoon...having the trip before our Wedding!

My question is:

If I go ahead and book the 2013 cruise and then find that Disney release dates for a 2014 Alaska cruise, can I change my dates? If I can, how easy will it be and will I have to pay any more upfront?

If we go next year, in 2013, I'm worried I won't be able to go on great excursions as our saving time will have been cut from 2 years to just one. Along with paying for a Wedding, we might have to go on the cheapest/most basic excusrions!!

Thank you
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #2
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

You should be able to change the date, but I don't use DU as my TA so best to check .. I think they will allow it though. My TA doesn't charge for a date change so I can't think why others would!

My mum went to Alaska, not on DCL, but said it was the most amazing cruise ever (she's done a fair few) ... She did plenty of excursions though so if you can't do those, perhaps a rethink?
Hope you manage to sort something out? Perhaps ask for friends and family to buy towards your excursions rather than the normal wedding gifts of pots and pans! I would find the cost of the excursions I wanted to go on, break them down into sensible amounts of money (say $20-30 bits), then offer those up as presents on your gift list too!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

As long as you haven't passed the paid in full date for your 2013 cruise, you can basically cancel your 2013 reservation & rebook for 2014. You'll be paying whatever the 2014 prices are at that time, not the 2013 prices you book now. You can probably transfer the deposit rather than get a refund and pay again, but DU could tell you that. And if the 2014 date costs more, your deposit might go up a bit.

If you *have* passed the paid in full date when the 2014 dates come out (although I think that's unlikely) then you'd pay a cancellation penalty. The amount depends on just how close to your sail date you are.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: