DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Bertie131
DIS Veteran

If you had to do your resale DVC purchase again, what, if anything, would you change?

I have finally made the decision to go resale and I have been doing all the research and reading,but of course I still feel like it isn't enough. I would love to hear your experiences and if you would do differently.
Bertie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
Geomom
Mouseketeer

We bought OKW resale as, at the time, it was the cheapest/point Disney DVC and had one of the lower annual dues cost. But...if we were to do it again, we'd have bought at BWV instead, for more money, as it's our favorite place to stay. We have been lucky enough to get BWV a number of times at 7 months or with a waitlist inside of 7 months--just not around Thanksgiving or Food and Wine festival.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't do anything differently, but my advice would be if there is one resort you want to stay at most of the time, buy there. If you are flexible, as we are, it doesn't really matter which resort you purchase. If, however, you really want BWV or BCV at Food & Wine time, AKV concierge or value rooms or one resort above all others then buy there.

Most of our points are at OKW. We love staying there and have also been able to stay at all of the other DVC properties. We do like staying at BWV during F&WF time though so we did a resale add-on there.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Nothing. But my advice would be "buy where you like to stay." Same as the PPs.

We bought at BCV because I thought it was beautiful but we bought w/o ever staying there. So glad that is where we bought because it is still my favorite place. I also really like BWV, BLT and OKW so I'd add on at any of them.

Had I bought direct from WDW, it would have been points at SSR--a very nice resort but not my highest choice on the list. Actually, I would not mind if WDW would let me live there all the time.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

Buy at the lowest resort for sale I think Vero. I have no problem with the 7 month reservations.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
DizBub
Totally Addicted

My first resale attempt failed (seller never signed the final papers). We wasted months. We originally tried to get SSR because it was a fantastic deal but on the 2nd contract we decided on BCV, more expensive but still a good deal. Other than the wasted time, I wouldn't change a thing about the contract we finally bought. And I get to book BCV at 11 months.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikron View Post
Buy at the lowest resort for sale I think Vero. I have no problem with the 7 month reservations.
But you would be paying the highest dues.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
Bertie131
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the responses! It really helps.
Bertie131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
El&Asmom
DIS Veteran

I would really consider what type of family you are when it comes to planning. We almost never book 11m out, so buying at the resort we love most would be useless. We are better at booking around 7 months out, so resort doesn't matter. Most of the time, we book 3-5 months out and we still rarely have problems getting what we want. Granted, we are not booking BCV during F&W, and tend to travel during slower times so it has worked well for us.

The only place we do need 11m out is for summer at HHI which is why we bought resale there though.

If you are a great planner, and need to stay somewhere specific, buy there. Otherwise, get whats cheapest or has the longest contract.

Good luck and enjoy. We are almost 6 years in and still love it. Every time we say we are taking a break we seem to somehow squeeze in another trip. Stupid discounts on PAP.

3/96 Frist trip with dh. Offsite
2/05 DD1s first trip at 19 months AKL
9/06 DD2s first trip at 9 months CSR
6/07 Bought into HH DVC!
8/07 Addonitis at SSR
9/07 BWV/SSR
1/08 POR/OKW- NAVC
El&Asmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: