Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
"duh, lia. Come on." love! Eugene is perfect. Except I seriously dislike how all his merchandise calls him Flynn. So not his name. Not even Rapunzel calls him that when she learns the truth...
I don't like that either! His name is Eugene! Sheesh. Though I know that they do it for young children who may not understand, and remember him as being called Flynn Rider throughout the movie, that it makes more sense for them. It's the same with Aladdin being in his pre-royalty clothes all the time even though he's a prince now, and the Beast walking around as a Beast and not as a human prince, and Rapunzel having long blonde hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdwnut View Post
Two weeks at POP was awesome!!! This is our second two week trip and it still kills me how “non-believers” just don’t get it. So many friends and family said the exact same thing that they did last year “didn’t you get bored being there for so long?” Bored, hmmmm… THEY DON’T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE!!

Even though I re-connected with my old friend over six months ago and we just had lunch with him less than two weeks ago, I still cannot believe it!! I was a bit intimidated at the thought of seeing him again after learning how much he has accomplished, but my wonderful wife helped me keep everything in perspective. “Wife: This is an old buddy of yours right?, Me: Yes, Wife: You two used to work and room together, right?, Me: Yes, Wife: Isn’t this the same dude that helped you to throw a toga party at that dive where you two were living?, Me: Yup!, Wife: Ha, Ha, Ha, I am sure he still puts his toga on one leg at a time…”

As for all the Imagineering inside information, I am afraid that I did not get much out of him. All he would say about what he is currently working on is that there are a couple of REALLY BIG projects in progress and that this stuff would blow the minds of Disney junkies like us. The time frame he gave for the rolling out of these “mind-blowers” was in two to three years. Not much I know, but it still got us pretty excited. He did have a great story about testing the random drop sequence on TOT when they were working on re-profiling the attraction…. Imagine three hours straight of doing each of the different fall sequences one after the other.

One funny note was that I bought his lunch at Katsura Grill in World Showcase (using a plethora of extra dining credits that we had) and he was asking me questions on how the dining plan worked. That cracked me up, but working for a very large company myself, I know how departmental and bureaucratic big companies can be. I am sure that the dining plan is something that he has not spent much time thinking about.

awdwnut
That's great!!! My dream is to go on a two week long trip. I seriously wouldn't get bored in Disney if my stay lasted two MONTHS, nevermind two weeks. People just don't get it.

glad you have your wife there to remind you of the old times! But I would totally be intimidated too, I mean Imagineers are some of the most creative people in the world, so I understand how you were feeling!

Quote:
All he would say about what he is currently working on is that there are a couple of REALLY BIG projects in progress and that this stuff would blow the minds of Disney junkies like us.
OH...MY GOD. That is SO exciting! I can't even imagine what they have in store for us!!! Wow!!!

Haha, that's funny about the dining plan. I guess when you have to spend your time riding Tower of Terror endlessly all night, you don't have much time to read up on the dining plan!

Thanks for the info!! It sounds like you had a great visit. Ahh I can not WAIT to see what's in store for the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamsdancer View Post
Is it wrong to say I am totally hooked on your trip report considering I've never ever been to WDW? Yup, big DLR citizen here, closest I've ever got to WDW was looking at my comp tickets and seeing that it says good for WDW and any Disney park and thinking, 'thats helpful but....nah too far! ' Pretty keen to take on the world after reading your report though!! Looks like you had such a brilliant trip!

I'm totally with you on this one, there's something about the details on that ride that just blow my mind!!! Beyond awesome!

Cant wait to read more!
Thank you so much and !!!! Oh my God... you HAVE to go to Disney World! I'm sure you'd tell me the same thing about Disneyland... I've never been there! But I'm really gonna try and go next year. Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're enjoying the TR and being enlightened on the brilliance of Walt Disney World!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: