Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Not a trip but still excitement!

Well this isn't me saying we've booked a trip yet unfortunately HOWEVER!
So many people say they want to work at Disney some day and that its a dream, I'm like so many others in saying this and we all know how hard it is to get a job there.

Well, I am so excited to say that I have an interview for a summer job in 2013 at WDW! I am so so excited and just overwhelmed that out of the hundreds of applications I have an interview!

I'm acting like I have the job already but I am so happy that I just have an interview so now hopefully can show how much I really want the job!

Have to go to London next Monday for it but its so worth it.

I am lucky to have the chance to be even able to do it as so many people want it!

Exciting times ahead! Who knows maybe I'll be your attraction host next year!

Jack
Mrdudecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdudecool View Post
Well this isn't me saying we've booked a trip yet unfortunately HOWEVER!
So many people say they want to work at Disney some day and that its a dream, I'm like so many others in saying this and we all know how hard it is to get a job there.

Well, I am so excited to say that I have an interview for a summer job in 2013 at WDW! I am so so excited and just overwhelmed that out of the hundreds of applications I have an interview!

I'm acting like I have the job already but I am so happy that I just have an interview so now hopefully can show how much I really want the job!

Have to go to London next Monday for it but its so worth it.

I am lucky to have the chance to be even able to do it as so many people want it!

Exciting times ahead! Who knows maybe I'll be your attraction host next year!

Jack
Congratulations!! i think if you show you are up for anything, deal with issues with a smile, and no matter what stay in character you will be great! hopefully someone will come along who has been through the process and can share their experiences with you! good luck!

caroline n Jay Connor Callum Cole Ava
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
misspickle
Mouseketeer

well done!!! my wee brother worked in disney land paris for a few years he was jack sparrow and goofy
wishing u all the best!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the interview

Hope it ll works out for you
Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
queendisney
DIS Veteran

Good luck Jack. I am sending you some

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Considering I was turned away by Camp America because I was on medication last year, I was so down in the dumps about working in America. I even thought after not even getting an interview last year at Disney, I wouldn't get one this year so to get it I am just so happy!

Taking a trip to London for the interview next week so lets hope ay!

Thanks for all the wishes. I think everyone knows what this job would mean to anyone obsessed with Disney!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
wen-tom
spit spot!

congratulations

i havent been through the process myself but a friend went to work for DCL a few months ago and she said that the interview seemed more a formality than an actual interview. I'm sure that they get thousands of applications and try to interview as few as possible - otherwise they would spend a lot of time interviewing!

Hopefully the fact that you have an interview means that you have a fantastic chance

Good luck and dont forget to let us know how you get on

wen-tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Congratulations!!!!!!!

I did the International College Program in the summer of 2011 in WDW - I ended up on 'attractions' and worked at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground in DHS!

Honestly, you have done really well in getting to a 'face-to-face' interview! When I applied for 2011 they had a record number of applicants; in the region of a couple of thousand. Last year it was higher than that again and so many people got a straight rejection after submitting their application to Yummyjobs and then some after their telephone interviews. So, you have done fantastically to get to this stage - I'm so excited for you

Have you read up much about the face-to-face interviews? The main thing to be aware of is that they'll be held in pairs. You and another applicant will have your interview at the same time with the same recruiter. It's nothing to be worried about, because the recruiters are so lovely and have come all the way from WDW! My advice is to just be really enthusiastic and friendly - interact with the recruiter, but more importantly interact and involve your 'partner applicant' person too.

The stuff they ask you mainly focuses on why you want to do the program, what roles you are interested in, and they might throw in some scenario questions to see how you'd handle guests etc. Honestly, it's nothing to be worried about - the whole day is great, and really gears you up to want that summer job even more (if that's possible!)!

Any questions, then ask away!! I did make a blog into the buildup to my program which you can find in my signature below. Also did a (pre)trip report too. I didn't get any time to keep it all update whilst I was there, but it still contains lots of info. Hopefully I'll get round to finishing them eventually

Congratulations again, and good luck - I'd love to hear how you get on! Wish I could do it again!!

BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
bee86
DIS Veteran

Best of luck!!!!!!!!

Sending loads of pixie dust your way! Make sure you let us know how you get on

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Wow guys thank you.

I am not sure anyone knows how much this means. I swear if I get this I will cry for days on end!

In all honesty, I would love attractions but id work anywhere, heck I just want to get to the parks!

Beth - Thanks for all that info! I am looking into everything and just getting to know the process and see how it goes. I see it as expressing yourself on an application form is difficult and getting an interview is the hardest part. I can really show how much I want it and how much I love Disney when I get to the interview.

Thank you all again. I'll let you know how everything goes. Really looking forward to it and having a new experience!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
clareyfairymouse
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!!

I did the International Programme in 2004 and I remember the feeling well!

The interviews are a great day and a brilliant experience, you meet so many other Disney fans!

Have you checked out http://www.wdwip.com/ well worth a look if not. The forums are really good to see who else has interviews on which days and start dates for different arrivals.

Beth's already given you loads of great advice but just be yourself! They look for people who will enjoy interacting with the guests.

Let us know how it goes! I would love to do it all again!
Good luck!

2004 - IP UK Pavilion, 2008 - 1st WDW Holiday - Pop Century, 2010 - WDW Wedding - Wedding Pavilion & Stayed at Wilderness Lodge 2013 - Florida Keys & Port Orleans Riverside
clareyfairymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Yeah I saw the site just today. I have registered so waiting to be authorised and I will then post and hopefully meet some other people!

In theory they should all be Disney fanatics so I just have to show how much I want it more than them!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
BethEJo
I left the house at 5.45am - that's unheard of for a student
WDW CM 19/06/11 - 02/09/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdudecool View Post
In theory they should all be Disney fanatics so I just have to show how much I want it more than them!
You'll be surprised how many are not completely sure of what they're signing up for!

That's why they re-iterate loads during the interview day that this is in no way at all going to be a holiday. You'll have an absolutely amazing time, pretty much the best summer of your life, but you are there to work
There'll also be a tonne of people there who have never been to WDW before - some of my best mates from my prog were first timers to Disney when they arrived to start the ICP, but it's safe to say that they're 'fanatics' now!

There'll be a massive mix of people there on your interview day - you'll have a blast Jack!!
BethEJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Mrdudecool
Mouseketeer

Well thats interesting! First timers too? I suppose they want to work there and its an experience! I bet after that summer they want to go back every year!

I am hoping that my enthusiasm does come through and im just going to try and stress how many times ive been, DVC members and such as well as my ability to interact and such. At the end of the day, I am just going to be me, show how much I want it and then hope!

Its a dream for me to do this so lets just hope they see this too!
Thanks again for all the tips and on what to expect, it really is appreciated!
Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
sandshal
DIS Veteran

Good luck Jack .... Look forward to hearing how you get on
Offsite Disneyland Paris 1998, Davy Crockett Ranch, Disneyland Paris 2000, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Florida June 2003, Newport Bay Hotel, Disneyland Paris 2004, Manors North, Westridge 2006, Vistana Villages, Gulf Coast & HRH Oct 2007, Manors North, Westridge, Portofino Bay & HRH August 2008, Ginn Reunion & RPR August 2009, RCA NYC & Tuscany villa July 2011, Tuscany Villa & PBH July 2013, July/Aug 2014 NYC, Indian Creek Villa, HRH then back to NYC,
Oct 2014 week at Indian Oasis, Indian Creek

sandshal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: