Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #19
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilberry View Post
I thought Wheat Belly was a nice book. It offers a different idea for weight loss and improving health. Many of the ideas mentioned in it where not all that new to me. I'd been reading about celiac disease and the problems wheat can cause some for years due to a stomach issue. But what was enlightening was how wide spread wheat intolerance might be, how todays wheat is radically different than what our ancestors ate in the past, and how whole grains might be just as unhealthy as refined white wheat.

Personally since I stopped eating wheat, plus other grains, things I've noticed is that I've stopped developing dental cavities, cholesterol levels improved, and the grumpy gut issue became so much better - thankfully!

Dr. Davis has a blog sight in addition to his book.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
Glad you posted the link. Thanks! I find it interesting reading. There is research that was done decades before this book was written that backs the doctors findings but the issue has gone largely ignored.

It does give a person pause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
I have not read it, but 2 friends did and each lost over 25 pounds in under 4 months. One friend also lost her personality though! When she gets real cranky I suggest a bagel. It's lots of meat and veg. Almond flour(yuck) but I guess it's better than nothing.
I bet that goes over big!

Seriously, bread and bread products are such a part of our diet it would be a challenge to do even a part of what is proposed. At least for me that is.

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: