Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #616
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

PIO - That's a tough question! However, I think I would go with my hubby!! I love to travel, and we don't get to do enough of it, together. Would your DS be alright while you are gone? Will family step in and help out with him? If so, I say go and have fun!!!

Nancy - I hate working in the rain, too. I'd much rather be snuggled under a blanket with a good book and something warm to drink!

Well, my trip to get costumes was very productive! The high school we had to get to was out in the middle of nowhere, but they had gorgeous costumes!!! I was able to get costumes for all the big dance numbers for our "ensemble" of dancers, a couple of costumes for one of our lead girls, and all the gorgeous red/white costumes for the finale. That includes 2 fur capes (floor length) that the 2 female leads will wear! They are so amazing, and cost 400 dollars EACH! I told my director that those capes are not leaving my possession until they absolutely have to!!! And I will be waiting offstage to whisk them back to safety after each performance!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading to our high school's costume storage unit to see what is available to pull there. Once that's done, I'll start fitting them to the kids, and setting up the costume check out space. I'm running things a bit differently than has been done before, and I hope it works out.

No idea what the kids will have for dinner. Alan wants to take me out. The kids will probably end up with soup and sandwiches, unless Katie wants to make pancakes.

Have a great day, everyone!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #617
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Ellen – Hooray for fall! We don’t have seasons down here, just hot and cold. Currently, still HOT! I would love to see fall leaves…

Vickie – Bullying makes me so mad. I am SO sorry you had to deal with that. So glad schools are much more aware of it now and taking steps to stop it early.

Nan – Sounds like you’ll have a few days of birthday celebration…enjoy, you deserve every minute of it!

PIO – I’m with Glynis. I never turn down a chance to travel…go girl!!!!!!!

Glynis – Those costumes sound gorgeous! Can we get a pic?

I’m feeling much better. The meds pretty much kick in right away, thankfully! Today is hair appointment and mani/pedi day. Tonight is our night out, going to one of Johnny's favorite spots:

http://www.superiorseafoodnola.com/

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #618
scotlass
Proud Redhead
Lang may yer lum reek!
Ma heid's mince

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post

Vickie – Bullying makes me so mad. I am SO sorry you had to deal with that.
Its ok Kat, it was a loooooong time ago.
The bully was a boy and I was such a wee thing at high school punchin him in the mouth wasnt an option.
I did get my own back years later when we met in a club.....but thats another story.

It was a night mare but safe to say its made me the lassie I am today, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing tho !!!

LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \0/
scotlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #619
TigerKat

Vick - You'll have to tell me the club story one day. I'd love to hear how that went down. It made you who you are today and I love you so I'd say it all worked out.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:30 AM   #620
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Glynis - Glad that your costume hunt was very productive. They sound gorgeous! I'd love to see pictures.

Kat - Glad that you're feeling better. That superior seafood place looks amazing! Hope the food matched your newly coiffed hair and super shiny nails! Where is Nail.Cam when you REALLY need it????

Vickie - I'm with Kat. One of these days, I'd love to hear that story of you and the bully.

Well.....sometimes things move with amazing speed. I need to check with work to see if I can take the time off....but it looks like I might be heading out to visit CarsLand solo. I'll catch up with DH a couple of days later and we'll travel onwards to San Francisco.
Seems that I have a couple of DisMeets already planned out.
If work is okay with it, I'll be gone for about 9 days.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #621
HERSEY
DIS Veteran

PIO Have a great time

Sorry I have been MIA. This past week has been a roller coaster ride. It was Homecoming. Mr A had a little drama, If you want you can read it on FB I won't bore everyone here.

Hopefully this week will be drama free.

I have a breakfast casserole in the oven as I type. I think a meatloaf with mashed taters is on tap for tonight. I need good ole comfort food.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #622
TigerKat

PIO - Superior seafood was excellent, as usual. We've been there at least 6 times and every dish has been fantastic! I am so excited for you and your upcoming trip! I'll be praying it's OK with work and you can go!!!

Janice - What type of breakfast casserole did you make?

Last night we had tilapia with chili lime butter and charred corn salad. Today I'm making meatballs & spaghetti with parm roasted broccoli.

I've lost 7 lbs so far, only 5 more to go before we leave!!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #623
Glynis

Hey all! Happy Sunday!

As soon as I get all the costumes done and fitted, I'll take some pictures. I am excited, though. I think it's going to look great, visually!

PIO - Have so much fun!!! We are heading to DL on June 2-7 (notice my new ticker!!!!) and we are excited to see Carsland! Timmy can't quite believe it's real!

Janice - I read the Homecoming drama, and I'm glad that he ended up having a great time anyway. Girls like that make me mad!

Kathy - I'm not one for seafood, but everything you post about Superior Seafood really makes me want to try it.

Vickie - I'd love to hear the club story, too!

Dinner tonight will be shish kabobs in celebration of my step father-in-law's 81st birthday. Alan is also making some sticky rice to go with it. Yum!

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You
Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #624
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Kat- Way to go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be at your goal for sure!

Janice I read the drama as well and think that A is better off. I am so glad he was fine through it and was a gentleman.

Glynis- cannot wait to see the costumes!

So we had a wonderful weekend. He kids were awesome for my birthday They surprised me with my iron...........yes................I said iron But it is a super iron on steroids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had an apricot chicken, mixed veggies and Israeli couscous for dinner last night. Buddy had a tomato and onion salad too.

Be back in later!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #625
Rogue26
DIS Veteran

Morning all, hope you all had a great weekend.

Nancy- My friend's mom got a rowenta for her birthday one year, her electric bill went up from ironing- she started to iron everything! Glad you had a great birthday, Happy belated birthday.

Glynis- My four year old nephew is going to Disneyland in a month or two, I wish I could see him see Carsland. We just told the kiddo this weekend we will be going to Disney in a few months, I love this planning stage of a vacation.

Kathy- Awsome work! The great thing about Disney is there is so much walking you can get away with eating what you want at food and wine. We finally have a trip planned (we didn't really care for skipping a year!) so that will be my motivation to get my bum in gear. Between work and rebuilding our entire house this summer, I can't remember the last time I saw a vegetable.

Off to get ready for the day, see you all later.
Rogue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #626
Glynis

Good morning! It's Monday. Not sure how I feel about it, yet. I'm too tired!

We had a great time at my step FIL's birthday last night. My nephew and his family from Arkansas were there, too, so we had a great time visiting and meeting his kids, in person! The kebobs were wonderful!!! So tasty! And the fresh veggies from my garden were wonderful!!! I've got tons left over, so I'm thinking I may do some kind of stir-fry for dinner tonight.

Nancy - I've never been so excited about an iron! I don't know quite what to think about that! Alan knows what will happen to him if he gets me appliances for special occasions, like that. There wouldn't be a freezer big enough . I would, however, like a Dyson vacuum. I keep hinting, but no one seems to be paying attention!

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #627
TigerKat

Glynis - Love the new ticker! We keep saying we have to make a trip to DL. I haven't been there since I was a teenager, many, many years ago.

Nan - I guess congrats are in order for your new iron. Sounds like you had a great birthday!!

Robin - You are so right, there's so much walking involved it's hard to pick up any weight no matter how much you eat. You need to eat your veggies Missie!!!

bbl.....
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #628
FormrCastMbr
DIS Veteran

Hey all! I am back from my quick trip! We had a blast! The race was even fun! Thank you all for your encouragement!

We did a lot in a few short days. We ate a some offsite places that were very good. My niece knows the area quite well since she has been working at WDW for 2 years now. We went to a great family owned latin american restaurant (I cant remember the name), Sweet Tomatoes which is a salad/food bar (loved this place) and Sunday Brunch at Bonefish, which was awesome! I got my fill of Bang Bang Shrimp and entree was Spicy shrimp and corn cake. It was a nice brunch and they have lots of good mimosa options!

Food and Wine was fun! We ate at a lot of kiosks but limited out alcohol since we were racing the next day. I had one beer in Germany. Night Ranger was a blast from the past. It brought back great memories of last year watching ELO with Kat and Sheryl.

Our park day was filled with MK, AK and Epcot. Crowds were low so we did most of the rides we wanted to. We spent time at DHS after the race. It was open until 4am.

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Village which was great. My niece stays at Sheratons when she travels so she took care of that and getting park tickets.

Tom did a good job taking care of things while I was gone. I am now just catching up with laundry and taking it easy. It was very difficult getting around yesterday but today I feel much better!

Dinner tonight is chicken ala king over rice and tossed salad. Easy Peasy!

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope to be able to catch up soon! xo

Thomas wants me to post some smileys...:hourgla ss
FormrCastMbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #629
TigerKat

Lauren - Sounds like an y'all had a great time! Give Thomas a big hug for me!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #630
Glynis

Lauren - Sounds like you had fun and accomplished a lot! Congrats on the race. You did great!!! We have a Sweet Tomatoes relatively close, and I absolutely love it! Sometimes it hits the spot, when no other restaurant sounds good!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: