Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

Car rental savers reservation

so i used the florida smart book tool and found our needed 11 days of minivan for 428.33 through Alamo (using some awesome codes from the wonderful people on this board!) This is the lowest i've seen so I took it. However, we need 2 carseats and adding those werent an option at the time. Is there anyway I can find out what the total with them will be? It says on Alamo.com we'd max out at $70 a piece for seats so is adding $140 to that total going to give me a good ballpark? Is that number from car rental savers not totally accurate (taxes, fees etc.)? What does "your total price is guaranteed" mean? Let's say i didnt need seats and showed up for that ressie- is 428.33 what i would be handing over? Sorry if these are dumb questions- first time renter here! thank you!!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

You can do a dummy reservation on Alamo's website, but be sure add in the tax and fees to the total (based on the listed %). In addition, you can call their reservation center and ask how much it would cost to add the seats (with tax and fees added).

Is there a possibility you can bring seats with you?
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'm going back and forth with bringing our own seats along, I've been seeing it from a few different angles and just can't decide yet what to do!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
msr709
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
Thanks! I'm going back and forth with bringing our own seats along, I've been seeing it from a few different angles and just can't decide yet what to do!
I believe car seats are free gate checked items. If I'm wrong please someone say so. I'm bringing our own car seat (for the price of the rental I could buy a new car seat!) so we opted to bring our own, and we need it to put my DGS in anyway. I really don't think the CARES will work with him, he's a real Houdini when it comes to escaping straps! He likes his car seat so we're bringing it. Good luck. HTH.
AoA May 2014; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
mema26
Earning My Ears

We always bring our own car seats. It's free to check a car seat. You just check it like you would a suitcase. We have car seat bags on wheels that we drag through the airport. We have been doing this for 10 years and NO car seat bag is easy to push or pull, but it is easier with the wheels rather than carrying it. And with the car seat bags there is so much extra room that you can fill the bag with other things like clothes or diapers, whatever. We prefer our own seats and it saves us money.

Kathy
mema26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: