DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Standard view DOES NOT mean noisy view!

"Traveling with" 4 rooms at BWV, we all opted for the standard VIEW. How lovely, we thought, when our rooms were essentially in a row (give or take). The balconies of one of our 2 bedrooms was directly above the luggage cages at the entrance of the Boardwalk. The view was fine...the noise was unreasonable. Our guests were woken at 5:30 am every morning by UNDERSTANDABLY enthusiastic folks bringing their luggage to staff, by the clanging of luggage being thrown into cages, etc. It wasn't anyone's fault, the room was just a lousy location. Yes, we took our complaints as high as we could and I learned how the chain of command works. We were told by front desk managers "Well, you did book the standard view rooms". HA! I stopped being nice after day 3. Ultimately we were financially reimbursed a generous amount of money which of course helped ease the sting. Those family members checked out before we did and the same day other friends "traveling with" checked in. Guess were front desk put them????? Really! Needless to say I was back at front desk and our guests were upgraded to a different room. The whole thing was exhausting and frustrating and I had to stay firm and prioritize OUR NEEDS. I could go on and on but I think you get the jist. I know what rooms NOT to accept in the future. I know the chain of command. I know, as much as we want to get along, be kind, be cooperative, sometimes you have to get tough. That's my message here.... Yes it's magical, but sometimes not so much.....
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: