Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2221
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Congrats on applying for the CP! I can't wait to hear how the phone interview goes! Working for Disney is the greatest!

Don't you just love the carriage pearl cage? That is what I have for it, I got it years ago and it still holds up beautifully. SO FUN. They are so cute over in the Japan pavilion!

I love hearing all the special Disney trivia tidbits! Disney is just so perfect, I cannot get over it!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #2222
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I know I've said this already but I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I'm sure your interview will go splendidly and before you know it you'll be headed down to work in FL. AHHHH!

I am going to miss all the pictures of that view once this TR is over. So gorgeous.

I love all the Disney facts. The detail and the story behind everything is amazing. And I'm kind of obsessed with the matches in Cousin Maude's hair. Such a cute touch that no one would think to look for. I can't wait to point that out to everyone around me on my next trip.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #2223
DianeW
Worshipping at the shrine of the corporate Mouse

Location: Too far from Disney...in the beautiful Rocky mountains

Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do!! But what fun getting to read about your New Year's Eve in WDW!! I'm putting "fireworks cruise" on my list of things to do there. That looked like heaven!!

Love "Pick a Pearl" in Japan. Especially their cast members. They make you smile just watching them! I read once (on this board, of course, ), that you should pick the ugliest oyster you can find in the tank and that one will have the nicest pearl inside. It worked for us. And there's a good message to that as well...inner beauty and all. LOL Anyway, now we always look for the ugliest oyster and that's the one we pick.

LOVED all your Disney trivia! I swear, even when you think you know everything there is to know about that place...you learn more. That was fun to read!

Best of luck with your college program application! I'm interested in hearing what you think about the process, because my daughter is considering it. She's a sophomore in college, majoring in ballet. Disney comes to her campus every year, but she had rehearsal last year and couldn't see them. I don't know if it's just a meeting they have or auditions???? She said it was specifically for dancers, but I have no clue. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your updates on the interview/audition/application adventure of the DCP.

Crossing my fingers that you'll do well!

Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #2224
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the interview! You'll nail it!

So much information, I love it! Some of those facts I knew, but some I didn't! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #2225
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Just flew in lastnight...I totally know how you felt on your last day! We went to MK then Epcot on Monday and the whole time I was bummed we had to leave the next day. Today, I just keep looking at my pictures on my phone and wishing I could move there.
Those sunsets were so pretty! I have a picture of me sitting in that same couch in the entry of Boardwalk. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa...I would definitely reccommend it. I loved being able to walk to HS and Epcot. It was so nice having something to do every night too...we would just go down and sit on the Boardwalk and watch the boats go by and performers.
I saw you applied to the DCP. Good luck with everything! That is so exciting! I hope I can come down while you're working there!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #2226
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Oh, thats probably where I saw it then. I guess I was thinking it was this one
Haha no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissikins View Post
I love your trip reports, Jess! Those sunset photographs are just stunning, being WDW sunsets just make them even more beautiful.

I love the WDW facts, I drove my DH mad with all my little bits of information when we were in Magic Kingdom (he would say "Uh-oh, it's Dis-Board-Cyclopedia time again..." ).

I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip turns out.

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way too, you will make THE perfect CM!! You have the Disney Love, CMs like that were always the ones who made our day one way or another.
Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you liked them!
Hahaha that's hilarious.
Thanks! There's only a few updates left!
Thank you SO much! I really appreciate it! And aww thank you so much for the compliments! That means a lot! I know that if I get accepted, I will definitely be one of those Disney loving CM's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Actually,the link I saw wasn't from you-it must have been from one of your fans!

Yes,I love early December-even the "legendary" early December of 2010!

Ahh gotcha.
Haha yes definitely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I missed so many updates! But alas, I am here now and ready to comment lol
Boo to the last day in Disney ): I hate that feeling. Le Cellier looks so good! I could really go for some cheddar cheese soup now hahah
Yay for a trip in October! I've always wanted to go to MNSSHP! Are you dressing up as a Disney character?
YAYYYYY for the DCP! That's so exciting!! It's happening so fast! I think you'd make a great CM If I were in the program (which I hope to do one day) I would so want to work in the Bippiti Boppiti Boutique!
The resort's decorations are so nice! Those things made out of gingerbread are amazing! There's so much detail that goes into everything!
Good luck with everything coming up!
Haha that's okay! Welcome back!
I know, it's so sad. At least I got a good meal!
Yes! I'm so excited! And yes, I am planning on being Belle
WOOHOO it's seriously all I can think about. Thank you so much! Yeah, BBB is literally my dream job. We will see what happens! Only 6 days till my phone interview!
They really are! I loved them.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Yay!! Congrats on applying for the CP! I can't wait to hear how the phone interview goes! Working for Disney is the greatest!

Don't you just love the carriage pearl cage? That is what I have for it, I got it years ago and it still holds up beautifully. SO FUN. They are so cute over in the Japan pavilion!

I love hearing all the special Disney trivia tidbits! Disney is just so perfect, I cannot get over it!
Thank you! I am so excited... I can't even wait! 6 days!
Yes I do! It's beautiful. They really are.
I'm glad you enjoyed everything! I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
I know I've said this already but I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I'm sure your interview will go splendidly and before you know it you'll be headed down to work in FL. AHHHH!

I am going to miss all the pictures of that view once this TR is over. So gorgeous.

I love all the Disney facts. The detail and the story behind everything is amazing. And I'm kind of obsessed with the matches in Cousin Maude's hair. Such a cute touch that no one would think to look for. I can't wait to point that out to everyone around me on my next trip.
EEEEE thanks Kara I can't even wait. Girl, I sure hope so!!

Aww I know! How sad. I feel like this trip report has been going on for like... forever!

I'm glad you enjoyed hearing everything. OMG ME TOO. I think that's the coolest thing! I always show people that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do!! But what fun getting to read about your New Year's Eve in WDW!! I'm putting "fireworks cruise" on my list of things to do there. That looked like heaven!!

Love "Pick a Pearl" in Japan. Especially their cast members. They make you smile just watching them! I read once (on this board, of course, ), that you should pick the ugliest oyster you can find in the tank and that one will have the nicest pearl inside. It worked for us. And there's a good message to that as well...inner beauty and all. LOL Anyway, now we always look for the ugliest oyster and that's the one we pick.

LOVED all your Disney trivia! I swear, even when you think you know everything there is to know about that place...you learn more. That was fun to read!

Best of luck with your college program application! I'm interested in hearing what you think about the process, because my daughter is considering it. She's a sophomore in college, majoring in ballet. Disney comes to her campus every year, but she had rehearsal last year and couldn't see them. I don't know if it's just a meeting they have or auditions???? She said it was specifically for dancers, but I have no clue. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your updates on the interview/audition/application adventure of the DCP.

Crossing my fingers that you'll do well!
Haha aww well I'm glad you're back and caught up! Yes, that fireworks cruise was INCREDIBLE! A little pricey but it's a special thing for the holidays so my parents really wanted to do it. It was AWESOME!

I've read that too and that's what I did! I ended up getting a really pretty pearl!

Thanks! I completely agree!

Thank you so much! I am a sophomore too! When they come to schools, they usually just have a meeting. You have to go to one of their audition locations (after applying) if you want to audition for the role of a character performer. However, if she said that, maybe it was something specific to her school. I don't know how it works over there. We just had an informational meeting here and I had to miss it because I had my hardest class during that time.

Thank you! I'll keep you all updated on how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Good luck with the interview! You'll nail it!

So much information, I love it! Some of those facts I knew, but some I didn't! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! I hope so!

I'm so glad! You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Just flew in lastnight...I totally know how you felt on your last day! We went to MK then Epcot on Monday and the whole time I was bummed we had to leave the next day. Today, I just keep looking at my pictures on my phone and wishing I could move there.
Those sunsets were so pretty! I have a picture of me sitting in that same couch in the entry of Boardwalk. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa...I would definitely reccommend it. I loved being able to walk to HS and Epcot. It was so nice having something to do every night too...we would just go down and sit on the Boardwalk and watch the boats go by and performers.
I saw you applied to the DCP. Good luck with everything! That is so exciting! I hope I can come down while you're working there!
Aww welcome back! I hope you had a magical time... even though leaving really stinks! I always go through horrible Post Disney Depression when I get home and I CONSTANTLY look at my pictures. Ahh I want to live there so bad!!
Thank you! Haha that's too funny. I have never had the opportunity to stay at the Boardwalk (well I did once when I was 10 but it was in a studio for like 2 nights and I don't really remember the resort.) but I'm hoping we can stay there on my next family trip! My Dad wants to so he will have easy access to the ESPN Zone.
That is really awesome! That's why I would love to stay at the BWV with friends so I could go enjoy that entertainment with people my age. How fun!
Yes I did!! Thank you so much! I hope you can too! I would love to meet as many of my dis-followers as possible!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #2227
Queila
DIS Veteran

Love your reports.

I never really comment but I had to this time. This is so exciting about applying for the college program. I am positive you will be accepted. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Hoping you get the position you want. I have been out of college for a while now so I can't really apply but in my dreamworld I always imagine that if I could chose anything at all I would pick Main Street Operations. I would love to be there all the time, helping with the parades, the shows etc. The boutique sounds like a lot of fun too.

I hope you will keep us posted -even after you get there.

Q
Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #2228
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Aww welcome back! I hope you had a magical time... even though leaving really stinks! I always go through horrible Post Disney Depression when I get home and I CONSTANTLY look at my pictures. Ahh I want to live there so bad!!
Thank you! Haha that's too funny. I have never had the opportunity to stay at the Boardwalk (well I did once when I was 10 but it was in a studio for like 2 nights and I don't really remember the resort.) but I'm hoping we can stay there on my next family trip! My Dad wants to so he will have easy access to the ESPN Zone.
That is really awesome! That's why I would love to stay at the BWV with friends so I could go enjoy that entertainment with people my age. How fun!
Yes I did!! Thank you so much! I hope you can too! I would love to meet as many of my dis-followers as possible! [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Thanks, we did have a magical time. I've been looking at my pictures non-stop since I've been home.

I think you would really like the Boardwalk..it was definitely more busy on the weekends. Its pretty dead during the day which is kind of nice too. I'm sure your dad and brother would love it, being so close to ESPN. We stopped for lunch the day we got there because our room wasn't ready yet and we had time to kill. The food wasn't bad...typical bar food. I'm not into sports at all, but it was still cool in there. I definitely wouldn't want to be there during a big game though! I can see it getting really loud!

We're throwing the idea around of going for a long weekend in December. We have a plane credit that we have to use by February and would love to see the Christmas decorations again. Plus, my sister hasn't seen them yet! So, that is keeping me in semi good spirits!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #2229
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Good luck with your interview! I know you will do awesome!!!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 09-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #2230
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508
Thank you so much! I can't WAIT! I'm already preparing for my phone interview like crazy!
Ahh did you really!? If you end up getting it, let me know so we can meet up in WDW over the summer!
Thank you so much!
That would be so cool! I've never had a DIS meet before either!
I just found out I got to the first stage of interviews !!!! Im now going to start to prepare for it.
Honestly i think you'll be amazing as a cast member Disney would be mad not to hire you! But good luck again for Monday! :D
Im on Twitter as well my name is @rachel_b93 and im following you
2013 June 10th - August 16th Walt Disney World Cast Member!! Quick Service Food and Beverage at Blizzard Beach!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #2231
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

It seems we are behind on each other's TRs... sad day. I'm back though!! (I know you were worried. hah.)

I really wanna do Pick A Pearl! Every time I read about it the CMs sound so adorable. I love hearing that because you know they genuinely love their jobs. So special!

Ugh, I can't even look at Contemporary / BLT area pics without crying. I wish I was kidding but...

YAYYY FOR CP!!! Everything will work out how it's supposed to, however comforting that may be haha! I don't know if I ever asked you, but where are you staying when you go next week to Disney? Have you said it somewhere and I just missed it?

That is EXACTLY why I want to be a CM. Well, that's not the only reason but still. Like with the free park passes, my entertainment is basically COVERED! It's such an incredible deal. Plus with the discounts on like everything else, it's perfect. Ahhh future life, I can't wait.

For Madame Leota, I would say it's her voice that's different. Her voice in the seance room is the woman who voices Maleficent and Lady Tremaine, but it doesn't sound anything like that at the end.

I knew a lot of those facts, but so many of that is BRAND NEW INFORMATION! So so so so so cool!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #2232
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

When's the next part of the report coming? Can't wait to find out how it ends!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #2233
AGDLillyBelle
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for this great trip report! My husband and I (who were married at the Wedding Pavilion in April!) are going the first week of December and this really helped us with our planning! Good luck with your CM interview!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #2234
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queila View Post
Love your reports.

I never really comment but I had to this time. This is so exciting about applying for the college program. I am positive you will be accepted. Your enthusiasm is contagious.

Hoping you get the position you want. I have been out of college for a while now so I can't really apply but in my dreamworld I always imagine that if I could chose anything at all I would pick Main Street Operations. I would love to be there all the time, helping with the parades, the shows etc. The boutique sounds like a lot of fun too.

I hope you will keep us posted -even after you get there.

Q
Aww thank you so much! I really, really hope so!
I am hoping and praying that I do too! Aww that would be awesome! That sounds like such a fun role. Maybe one day - you never know!
Oh definitely, I absolutely will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Thanks, we did have a magical time. I've been looking at my pictures non-stop since I've been home.

I think you would really like the Boardwalk..it was definitely more busy on the weekends. Its pretty dead during the day which is kind of nice too. I'm sure your dad and brother would love it, being so close to ESPN. We stopped for lunch the day we got there because our room wasn't ready yet and we had time to kill. The food wasn't bad...typical bar food. I'm not into sports at all, but it was still cool in there. I definitely wouldn't want to be there during a big game though! I can see it getting really loud!

We're throwing the idea around of going for a long weekend in December. We have a plane credit that we have to use by February and would love to see the Christmas decorations again. Plus, my sister hasn't seen them yet! So, that is keeping me in semi good spirits!
Haha I would do the same thing!
I know I would love it! It's a beautiful resort. I have been to ESPN to eat before but it has been so long I don't even remember. But I agree, it is cool in there even for a non-sports fan!
Oooh you definitely should!! I hope you get to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Good luck with your interview! I know you will do awesome!!!
Thank you so much! I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymad1993 View Post
That would be so cool! I've never had a DIS meet before either!
I just found out I got to the first stage of interviews !!!! Im now going to start to prepare for it.
Honestly i think you'll be amazing as a cast member Disney would be mad not to hire you! But good luck again for Monday! :D
Im on Twitter as well my name is @rachel_b93 and im following you
It would be so much fun!
Ahh congratulations! I have been preparing non-stop for my interview! I'm really excited for it!
Aww thank you so much! I hope everything goes well! Good luck with yours too!
I followed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
It seems we are behind on each other's TRs... sad day. I'm back though!! (I know you were worried. hah.)

I really wanna do Pick A Pearl! Every time I read about it the CMs sound so adorable. I love hearing that because you know they genuinely love their jobs. So special!

Ugh, I can't even look at Contemporary / BLT area pics without crying. I wish I was kidding but...

YAYYY FOR CP!!! Everything will work out how it's supposed to, however comforting that may be haha! I don't know if I ever asked you, but where are you staying when you go next week to Disney? Have you said it somewhere and I just missed it?

That is EXACTLY why I want to be a CM. Well, that's not the only reason but still. Like with the free park passes, my entertainment is basically COVERED! It's such an incredible deal. Plus with the discounts on like everything else, it's perfect. Ahhh future life, I can't wait.

For Madame Leota, I would say it's her voice that's different. Her voice in the seance room is the woman who voices Maleficent and Lady Tremaine, but it doesn't sound anything like that at the end.

I knew a lot of those facts, but so many of that is BRAND NEW INFORMATION! So so so so so cool!!!
Haha that's okay, girl. I understand that life is busy because mine is too! WELCOME BACK!! I have been trying to keep up with reading your updates but my commenting just isn't going too well. Don't you worry, though! I am trying my best to keep up!

I hope everything with the DCP works out for the best. I need to just do my interview and leave it be... Disney will decide what's best for me. They know what to do.

I am staying at Caribbean Beach!

Absolutely - I'm right there with ya!

I'm glad you liked them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
When's the next part of the report coming? Can't wait to find out how it ends!
I don't know! Within the next few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLillyBelle View Post
Thanks so much for this great trip report! My husband and I (who were married at the Wedding Pavilion in April!) are going the first week of December and this really helped us with our planning! Good luck with your CM interview!
You're welcome! Thank you for reading it! Awww getting married in the wedding pavilion is my DREAM! I hope it was magical! Have a wonderful trip.. I am so glad I was able to help you guys out! Thank you so much!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #2235
blackdogg
Mouseketeer

I just had to post on this one Such a great job on your trip report! I discovered it a few days ago and got all caught up! We will be doing our family's first Christmas time trip this year and I jotted down so many little notes to remember and help along the way I am beyond excited for this trip... maybe more so than my girls which is hard to believe

BLT is great and you guys had an incredible view! We stayed there a month after the initial opening and it was an amazing experience... especially the fireworks~ I still remember those!

I cked your HHI thread out too... we just did spring break there in april and really enjoyed it as well. Lots of great seafood which I'm a fan of esp since I grew up on the gulfcoast however my husband and I missed the all around dis service... it's something we've really started to notice when taking our R&R. The upbeat happy attitude really goes a long way. I think part of why we love our dis vacays so much is due to the service... dis definitely does it right

And last but not least... GOOD LUCK on your phone interview! I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts tmrw ~ Much pixie dust & prayers to you!!! You will do great!

DH DD~10 DD~7 Expecting in '15
BLT-Fall 09
GFRPC-11
AOA/GFRPC-12
WL/YC-13
FW-BCCL-14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: