Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
taben
Mouseketeer

Question Wilderness Canyon Cafe

Well, our first night w/friends on their first visit we have ressies for dinner at WCC. Checked out the menu and there is no way we can eat a skillet a piece.. We have the dining plan so how would we order if that is all that is offered for dinner? Made the ressie before they changed the dinner menu and was looking forward to trying the meatloaf or steak. Your thoughts....mainly going for the silly antics. Kinda not liking the idea of having to order so much food when it will be wasted because there is just way too much and with the dining plan, we get a dessert too. Wanted to eat a little light because we are going to MK afterwards. Full belly, then off to MK......ugh, no SM. LOL

Thank U!

taben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Haven't been since they changed the menu, but the skillets were served family style and on the new menu it also mentions "family-style" so it sounds like that has remained the same...so everyone eats off the platters then they bring smaller portions of whatever you all want more of. If you are 2 or more people, you should be able to gauge how much to reorder and not waste much food. It's really easy to overeat there, I'm speaking from experience. I'm looking forward to trying the new menu, glad they added a fish option and fresh veggies.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Kimberle
WL Vet

You can try and change your ADS's to another restaurant.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
cindydare
Mouseketeer

We ate there last Monday night (Sept. 24th) and really enjoyed it. I wasn't a big fan of the ribs, but I also think that the best ribs in the world are at one of our local restaurants. Here is a pic of the platter and one of the desserts (This was the serving size for 2 adults and 2 children):

We started with the beef loin, chicken, and ribs; and then did try the fish and the sausage. I liked the fresh veggies....it was zucchini and yellow squash with carrots and red bell peppers. Cornbread also still comes with the meal.

The Jalapeno Lime Cheesecake was interesting....almost more savory than sweet. It's in the mason jar with a brownie crust on the bottom.

The kids loved the antics and the milkshake as their beverage on the Dining Plan. Milkshake choices that night were Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Caramel.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize there was so much during lunch and dinner. We love the breakfast all you care to eat skillet. Hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy, eggs, biscuit, and mickey waffles. Even if we're not staying at the WL I always make ressies for breakfast, maybe I'll have to try dinner next trip. Looks yummy.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: