Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #1396
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
And since he has been neutered -- no worries about any offspring to support!!! I really love my dog!

Tom
Awww. We are crazy about our dogs, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Yep, it was lurking in this thread and seeing those photos posted plus the info. that garden view included marina view that led me to study the map and decide Sago and Conch were probably the places to request - previously I hadn't really intended to request anything.
Thx. for the help.
You are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Good morning all,

If you had to choose one, Citricos or Narcoosees?

Will be me, wife, daughter 15, son 13, daughter 8 (very well behaved). The dinner will be too early to watch Wishes from the table so that's not a consideration. We all have different food tastes, but I would value your opinions.

Thanks!
Such a tough choice. For many years we ate at Narcoossee's each trip, rarely at Citricos simply due to the menu. After having a couple great meals at Citricos, we usually eat at both.

The two have a different feel; Citricos is quieter, a bit more upscale and refined, but not too much so. Great food and service. Narcoossee's is more like a Florida seafood house, with cloth table linens and great wine. Right on the water, so you can look at Seven Seas Lagoon and the Castle. We've had wonderful food and service here, too - but I stay away from the surf & turf, it can be tough.

If I had to choose only one, it would probably be Narcoossee's simply because we usually choose seafood. We live in a land-locked state! The menu there is a bit longer as well, if that matters.

Good luck, you can't make a bad choice.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #1397
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 633

Maybe it is because it is cold and pouring rain all day here, but I can't wait to see more of Jungle Cruiser's pictures -- hopefully too busy enjoying the magic to post, but can't wait for the pics as the ones I have seen so far have been amazing!

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #1398
jillmc40
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Maybe it is because it is cold and pouring rain all day here, but I can't wait to see more of Jungle Cruiser's pictures -- hopefully too busy enjoying the magic to post, but can't wait for the pics as the ones I have seen so far have been amazing!

Tom
ME TOO! This day is so junky and 5 days just seems like a lifetime away

I have never been to either restaurant...Boo! When the kids are older, I'm all over it!

All this rain today is making me nervous it will rain the whole time we are there...Better find the ponchos! I would only be sad if it rained during the MNSSHP. That would be a bummer!
jillmc40 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #1399
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
ME TOO! This day is so junky and 5 days just seems like a lifetime away

I have never been to either restaurant...Boo! When the kids are older, I'm all over it!

All this rain today is making me nervous it will rain the whole time we are there...Better find the ponchos! I would only be sad if it rained during the MNSSHP. That would be a bummer!
Jill: I just looked at weatherchanel.com - thunderstorms from October 1 - October 6 (40-50% chance each day). So, I say you need to use your magic and make it go away!

They are generally wrong half the time anyhow, so maybe you will only have 1 the entire time there!

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1400
jillmc40
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
Jill: I just looked at weatherchanel.com - thunderstorms from October 1 - October 6 (40-50% chance each day). So, I say you need to use your magic and make it go away!

They are generally wrong half the time anyhow, so maybe you will only have 1 the entire time there!

Tom
Florida says rain almost all the time anyway and sometimes it is just a 10 minute thundershower...So I am putting my blinders on and thinking that is what it means
jillmc40 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #1401
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 633

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
Florida says rain almost all the time anyway and sometimes it is just a 10 minute thundershower...So I am putting my blinders on and thinking that is what it means
That's the right attitude - weathermen are known for predicting afternoon thunderstorms whenever daytime temps go above 85 degrees.

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #1402
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)
 
CoachBagFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!
Posts: 2,947

Hi Everyone It's been a while since I have posted. I have lurked but just haven't been in the mood to post as so many crazy things have happened. It's all good now. It's going to take me a while to catch up here on the GF thread but when I find the time, I will.

Just a few things:

Just a quick shout out to my friend pas130 Hope you and your family are doing good and I really hope everything turned out OK for your DD. Any new plans for WDW. Oh wait, I should know the answer to that question.

k&a&c'smom Hope you all are doing well? I see you are still doing an awesome job here. Any new plans for you to return to the world?

We are planning our 2014 return trip to the GF for Michael's HS graduation. It seems like I just planned his 8th grade graduation trip in 2010. 2013 will be Busch Gardens in VA as we are taking John with us again. I just love that kid.

Oh boy, I know I have missed a lot so I guess I better get to reading soon. First have to go and make pasta carbonara for my DH.

Boy I miss you all and my beloved GF.
__________________
TY mathgeek TY BCV23TY pas130
CoachBagFanatic is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #1403
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,306

We were worried about the weather for our trip at the end of August. Forecast a couple weeks ahead predicted rain every day. Normally I don't worry too much, as Florida rain is usually a flash in the pan, but there were posts here on the DIS for late July/early August of guests who were caught in a deluge. Luckily, as the trip neared the predicted days of rain dropped dramatically, and we ended up with only 1-2 days out of 7 that were rainy all day, even with Isaac in the Gulf.

CoachBagFanatic - good to see you! I hope everything is well with you and your family.

It seems like we just returned from our YC/GF trip, but it has been a whole month! We have no plans for our next vacation, I'm not sure when we'll make it back to WDW. DD and I agreed we need another beach vacation with the whole family, which will likely be next year. DD and DS's fiance just started new jobs, so it will take a bit to coordinate schedules. It is possible DD and I can make a quick trip to the World at some point, but not likely. I'm glad they've found work, though.

Very exciting about your 2013 and 2014 plans. High school graduation creeps up on you, doesn't it?!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #1404
Luvamouse
DIS Veteran
 
Luvamouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: "Southern" Rhode Island
Posts: 1,229

Talking

Looks like I wrote my post the other day, then had "Look! A squirrel!" moment and never hit "post"...

We are arriving at the GF LV on New Year's Day. It will be our first stay at the GF and we are really looking forward to it. (As you can tell by the sig., we tend to default to the Poly!) DH asked me to upgrade us to LV, so after a .03 second hesitation, I switched us from GV.

Two questions:

We have LV since the MK is too far away to make that upgrade worth it. Which buildings could that be and which do any of you recommend? My cousin was in Sago Key last February and we were so happy to visit with them a bit and really see what the GF was like. Once we were in their rooms a few times, and since we could use the pool there due to the Poly Volcano pool being refurbed, we really felt comfortable. It looks so fancy, but we never felt less than comfortable. Now we are happy to have had that chance to visit and try a new resort!

When does the Gingerbread House come down? We saw it in 2007 in our first family trip at Thanksgiving. So amazing. Any hope of seeing it or any remaining Christmas Decorations? I believe the last night of Osborne Lights is January 4, although Josh at EasyWDW suspects it may go until Jan 6 (a Sunday).

Thanks so much for any help and advice, and thank you all for such a terrific GF thread! Without resort specific threads, finding such great info (and up to date pics) would be next to impossible!

Heidi
__________________
1979 Poly/1982 Poly- Oahu (Tokelau) /1984 FW & Vacation Villas/1989 Off Site
Polynesian Thanksgiving 2007- Grand Gathering of 15!
Poly again...April 2009...just our family of four...ahhh...
February 2011--Back to the Poly says the Birthday Girl! Daytona 500 and WDW for DD's 16th B-Day
February 2012- Couldn't resist! Daytona 500 and Contemporary MK View. Scratch that-- Back to the Poly Again!

January 2013... Somebody stop me! DD's 1st Year in College, let's keep our life "normal" and go to WDW! Poly Again? I'd love to try POR... Looks like CR MK View. Nope, now it's GF Lagoon View!





Luvamouse is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #1405
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Hi Everyone It's been a while since I have posted. I have lurked but just haven't been in the mood to post as so many crazy things have happened. It's all good now. It's going to take me a while to catch up here on the GF thread but when I find the time, I will.

Just a few things:

Just a quick shout out to my friend pas130 Hope you and your family are doing good and I really hope everything turned out OK for your DD. Any new plans for WDW. Oh wait, I should know the answer to that question.

You were missed DD5 is PERFECTO All her tests came back fine, and she goes for a recheck in December! I broke my ankle, but it's all healed up..mostly...I am a Klutz

New plans... but not for the GF, not in my current budget, 2 Pop trips. One in November with my daughters, and January with DS11 and the RC girls

Hope you are well my friend back!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #1406
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvamouse View Post
Looks like I wrote my post the other day, then had "Look! A squirrel!" moment and never hit "post"...

We are arriving at the GF LV on New Year's Day. It will be our first stay at the GF and we are really looking forward to it. (As you can tell by the sig., we tend to default to the Poly!) DH asked me to upgrade us to LV, so after a .03 second hesitation, I switched us from GV.

Two questions:

We have LV since the MK is too far away to make that upgrade worth it. Which buildings could that be and which do any of you recommend? My cousin was in Sago Key last February and we were so happy to visit with them a bit and really see what the GF was like. Once we were in their rooms a few times, and since we could use the pool there due to the Poly Volcano pool being refurbed, we really felt comfortable. It looks so fancy, but we never felt less than comfortable. Now we are happy to have had that chance to visit and try a new resort!

When does the Gingerbread House come down? We saw it in 2007 in our first family trip at Thanksgiving. So amazing. Any hope of seeing it or any remaining Christmas Decorations? I believe the last night of Osborne Lights is January 4, although Josh at EasyWDW suspects it may go until Jan 6 (a Sunday).

Thanks so much for any help and advice, and thank you all for such a terrific GF thread! Without resort specific threads, finding such great info (and up to date pics) would be next to impossible!

Heidi
Welcome!! LOL about the "squirrel" moment, I can relate.

Congrats on your first GF stay, and during the Holidays - such a great time of year! The gingerbread house seems to have various dates for going up and coming down. If I recall, they usually start to take it down in the first week of January, so you should get to see it. Other decorations vary in their dates as well, I know we've seen them around the 4th or so, and that year they disappeared around the 7th? BCV23 has been during the first week of January a number of times, hopefully she can post more.

For a lagoon view, you could be in any of the outer buildings (except Sugar Loaf). The main thing I would watch for is Big Pine Key - lagoon view there will look toward the Poly, and therefore right at the DVC construction. It's possible most of the outside will be completed by New Year's Day, but that's just a guess.

We love Boca Chica, it has a nice location for the boat and the courtyard pool. It should be open again by then (fingers crossed). Conch Key is my favorite building, near the boat dock, courtyard pool, marina and Gasparilla's. With the change a few years back to theme park view category, I'm not sure what rooms would still be classified "lagoon view" but I would guess any facing the lagoon with an obstructed MK view? Rooms overlooking the marina are part of the garden view category.

HTH! Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #1407
ireneryan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
We love Boca Chica, it has a nice location for the boat and the courtyard pool. It should be open again by then (fingers crossed). Conch Key is my favorite building, near the boat dock, courtyard pool, marina and Gasparilla's. With the change a few years back to theme park view category, I'm not sure what rooms would still be classified "lagoon view" but I would guess any facing the lagoon with an obstructed MK view? Rooms overlooking the marina are part of the garden view category.

HTH! Any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
I'm so glad to see you back posting again! Your info is invaluable!

This is our first ever trip to WDW and we're staying at GF for the first half and Poly for the second half. We paid for TPV and I put in a request for Conch Key, I am soooo excited to find out it's your favorite building! Is there a specific floor or room that's worth putting a request in or are they all equally wonderful there?

We have a similar concern to the other poster about the Gingerbread House, we're there in early November. I saw that last year the House opened on Nov 14 which was 10 days before Thanksgiving. 10 days before this year would be Nov 12 which would make it possible for us to see, do you think, that might happen, or am I just dreaming? Thank you for all your work on this thread!
__________________
ireneryan is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #1408
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran
 
KonaKaiTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 633

I hope you get to see the Gingerbread house -- it looks so amazing in pictures, I can't imagine how nice it looks in person. Unfortunately, I will be long gone before it goes up.

Tom
__________________
CSR 1997, Dolphin 1997, Swan 1998, FW 2000, BC 2001, YC 2002, POR 2012, GF 2012, OKW 2012, WL 2013, CBR 2013, GF 2014
KonaKaiTom is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #1409
ireneryan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I hope you get to see the Gingerbread house -- it looks so amazing in pictures, I can't imagine how nice it looks in person. Unfortunately, I will be long gone before it goes up.

Tom
Ahhh but I'm so jealous, you get to go on vacation This Month!!! So super awesome and in 2 hours I can wish you a Very Happy October!!!
__________________
ireneryan is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #1410
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518

I can't wait to be back at the Grand....

We are looking to book Sept 2013 again!!!!

In the meantime - Boardwalk in January.....
Butterflygirl35 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: