DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #751
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Hi everyone. We will be staying at bwv for the first time this October. It will be a trip of first: first bwv stay, first mnsshp, first f&w. We have a boardwalk view studio reserved. Any. Feedback on the pool? The pictures I have seen are very neat, although the clown is creepy

Also any tips on room request?

Lastly, how long is the walk to beach club? We will probably use the kids club there one night, if we can get tickets to party for the senses.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #752
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Hi everyone. We will be staying at bwv for the first time this October. It will be a trip of first: first bwv stay, first mnsshp, first f&w. We have a boardwalk view studio reserved. Any. Feedback on the pool? The pictures I have seen are very neat, although the clown is creepy

Also any tips on room request?

Lastly, how long is the walk to beach club? We will probably use the kids club there one night, if we can get tickets to party for the senses.

Thanks!
Unless you have Coulrophobia (fear of clowns ), the clown pool is fine. You get over the scariness of having him staring at you after not too long. Otherwise, it's a really nice pool area in general. People love the slide as well.

For room request, if you're at the very end of the hallway, the walk is LOOOOOONG (could be as much as 10 mins to get to the lobby), though the view might be a little better. But it might be good to ask for close to the elevator if the long walk would be a problem.

I would give yourself 10-15 minutes for the walk to the beach club, as the entrance is not right where it starts. It's closer to walk towards ESPN as opposed to past the Swan/Dolphin to get there, even if you're at the very end of BWV. If the timing is right and you see the boat coming from Epcot, the quickest is to hop on the boat right across the water, otherwise it's not worth waiting for the boat.

Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #753
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Unless you have Coulrophobia (fear of clowns ), the clown pool is fine. You get over the scariness of having him staring at you after not too long. Otherwise, it's a really nice pool area in general. People love the slide as well.

For room request, if you're at the very end of the hallway, the walk is LOOOOOONG (could be as much as 10 mins to get to the lobby), though the view might be a little better. But it might be good to ask for close to the elevator if the long walk would be a problem.

I would give yourself 10-15 minutes for the walk to the beach club, as the entrance is not right where it starts. It's closer to walk towards ESPN as opposed to past the Swan/Dolphin to get there, even if you're at the very end of BWV. If the timing is right and you see the boat coming from Epcot, the quickest is to hop on the boat right across the water, otherwise it's not worth waiting for the boat.

Enjoy!
Thanks so much!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #754
JohnnyB2
DIS Veteran

Hi IMO the BW view is the best. You have Cresant Lake, the YC & BC with some partial Epcot views as your scenery. Also the Boardwalk right below. Have a great trip and with the the BW view we once were at the end of the hall/ walk time maybe 5 to 6 min.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #755
Happy Birthday Cat
Wonders if the Hokey Pokey is REALLY what its all about?
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
We will be staying at bwv for the first time this October.
One of the first things you should do is learn where the stairs are and use them if you are able. This isn't a BWV criticism. It is just a fact that once you figure out the stair locations, it makes getting around easier. For example there is a set of stairs right off the hallway where your room will be that will take you directly to the Boardwalk. Have fun.

HBC

Learn about Restoring Hetch Hetchy at http://www.hetchhetchy.org/

Happy Birthday Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #756
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Birthday Cat View Post
One of the first things you should do is learn where the stairs are and use them if you are able. This isn't a BWV criticism. It is just a fact that once you figure out the stair locations, it makes getting around easier. For example there is a set of stairs right off the hallway where your room will be that will take you directly to the Boardwalk. Have fun.

HBC
absolutely agree with cat - we LOVE using the stairs, and there are quite a few of them throughout the resort. we have always found a stairwell within a few doors from our room, but especially enjoy wandering the halls and going down a random stairwell just to see where we will wind up. btw, going down the stairs is never a problem, but the uphill climb can be a bit exhausting if one's room is on the 4th or 5th floor (upper floors have better views so it is a bit of a tradeoff).

however, if you have a stroller, you'll most likely want to use the elevators excusively and request "near elevators".

the main pool has games and music going on most of the day, and there is a playground for little ones. the slide is really fun, and they have movies with a campfire at night. in addition, community hall by the "quiet pool" has crafts, video games, board games, bike rentals, etc. they also offer DVD rentals, free for DVC members. you will be given a sheet at check-in showing the dates and times of activities.

one thing: there is so much to see and do at the BW that many first-timers don't take the time to explore the resort. there are a lot of little nooks and crannies throughout, such as the tennis courts, cushioned wicker conversation areas in the hallways, quiet walkway to DHS, the nook below the back balcony (quiet and cool spot for reading or conversation), "penny viewers" in the walkways to BWI, etc. ask for a BW fact sheet at the FD, which outlines the history and architecture of the resort.
try to always give yourselves a few extra minutes to get anywhere, because with the BWVs, it shouldn't be all about where you are going from there. the journey is often the most memorable
Old 07-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #757
macleod1979
Mouseketeer

Exploration is a good thing. It makes you never want to leave BMV.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #758
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod1979 View Post
Exploration is a good thing. It makes you never want to leave
Or at least makes you want to come back.

HBC

Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #759
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Bump

Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #760
Disney52303
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at BWV for a whirlwind weekend 11/30-12/2 and it will be our first stay there, following 2+ months on a wait list!

I have not made any type of requests, think I should? We are flying in late Friday (think we'll get to BW 8:30-9, we're renting a car). My only concern is we will end up getting whatever is left (standard view studio) since it'll be so late. We don't mind the long halls, don't mind stairs, etc etc. We're also planning on spending most time in the parks aside from an hour or two at the infamous clown pool Saturday afternoon. All these factors, think I'm fine with no special requests (normally we prefer upper floor, close to pool)????

Lots of childhood trips with family. As adult, '95 - Allstar Sports, '03 - POR (for our Disney wedding at the Poly); ASMo for one night, Magic (Western) honeymoon, '05 - joined DVC!, '07 - SSR, '08 - ASMu, '09 - SSR, Wonder, '10 - SSR for Princess half marathon, HHI, '11 - POFQ, '12 - BLT, Fantasy Western, Magic to Canada, BWV

Upcoming:
5/23-2012-5/27/2012 BCV
11/9/13-11/14/13 AKL & 11/14/13-11/17/13 3 nighter on the Dream!
10/30/14 girls' weekend on the Dream
12/27/14 NYE Eastern on the Fantasy!

Disney52303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #761
Happy Birthday Cat
And is Otto the one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney52303 View Post
We will be staying at BWV for a whirlwind weekend 11/30-12/2 and it will be our first stay there, following 2+ months on a wait list! I have not made any type of requests, think I should?
Yes you should. Here are a few ideas:

Do you like the Studios or EPCOT better? Farther down the hall puts you closer to the studios if you are able to use the stairs.

Will you use the bus and/or a car. Farther down the hall puts you closer to the bus stop and the parking lot. If you valet your car, closer to the lobby is better.

Fireworks? Better views are farther down the hall. The closer you get to the lobby, the poorer the views (also the higher the floor the better too).

Closer to the lobby gets you closer to the Boardwalk. It also gets you closer to the clown pool. Farther down the hall gets you closer to the "quiet" pool.

High floor is always a good request for standard view. Request "far from the elevators" if you want to be closer to the studios, parking/bus stop and quiet pool. "Close to elevators" for closer to Boardwalk, clown pool and lobby.

Since you are getting in late, do on line check in. You cab do that ten days in advance. Some will argue it makes no difference but I had a discussion with a CM at the Boardwalk on my last trip and it according to her it does help to receive your requests.

HBC

Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #762
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

We just got back from Boardwalk and had a wonderful time. I requested a high floor and far from the elevators for our BW view room. I ended up in 3031, which was decently far away but not that high. We had an OK view of the fireworks but a great view of the Boardwalk.

Overall, I really liked the hotel. We had fun with the CMs running the games at the pool as well as the Community Hall. The location was great, especially during food and wine! We had very good luck with buses and boats both, with hardly any wait. The only hassle was coming home from Animal Kingdom, where we had to stop at the waterpark, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin and then FINALLY Boardwalk.

The decor is not really my style, but not objectionable. The studio room was in good condition and comfortable for four people.

We ended up using the kids' club over at the Beach Club one night and the kids loved it so much that they didn't want to leave at the end of the night. This includes my son, who has cried at daycare dropoff almost every day of his 4.5 years.

The only slightly weird thing is the lack of 'stuff' in the main hotel. Having to go outside to refill mugs, for example, and no TV for the kids to watch during checkin. That said, the lobby is gorgeous and obviously a big hit, judging by the number of wedding parties having their celebrations and pictures done at the hotel.

I would definitely come back!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #763
psac
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your review! In general, this thread is pretty stale. Most of the BW conversation has moved here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #764
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

We're staying at BWV for the first time in May (4-14). This is our first trip as DVC members and we are very excited!! Any additional advice for studio standard view? I've seen some wonderful advice so far in this thread! There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 5yo.

We will probably utilize the boats, since my son loves them!! He thinks of them as an additional ride... And frankly I enjoy the relaxing trip vs the walk to HS. I don't like clowns, at all, but know he will want to frequent that pool. *sigh* We won't have a car.

Also, are the refillable mugs included with the dining plan? Keep seeing mixed reviews. I always enjoy any souvenir, but don't want to pay for something that isn't worth the value. (Sorry to be such a noob!! LOL)

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #765
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Had my first ever DVC upgrade. I had booked 3 nights SV 1 bedroom over MLKjr weekend. Was upgraded to a great pool view!

I actually called DVC to be reassured I had booked on points because upon arriving I was told my "balance" was over $1700!!!!! At any rate it was a great view, nice location, I was treating 2 friends, and we had a great time!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: