DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
akl-fan
DIS Veteran

Value room first night?

My DH, DD and I are planning a trip in September 2013. We will be staying for 15 nights. I only have points for 14 nights ( 1 week at BLT and 1 week at AKV) and am planning to stay in a value for our first night. If I book though MS will I get a discount on this for being a DVC member.
Also if I book though MS do I have to pay now or can I pay later.

Thanks in advance

Katrina
akl-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If you are talking about a Disney Value class cash resort, like Pop Century or All Stars, no...and you can not book cash resort rooms through MS, unless they are DVC Member Discount Rooms at DVC Resorts.

If you are talking about a Value room at AKV Jambo, if available, you can book that through Member Services, but there is not guarantee of a discount.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
dgaston
Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies" t-shirt

Although with the new discounted Premium AP at $400, you might be able to get the Value room at a discount, independent of your DVC membership. Visit www.mousesavers.com to learn more about lots of ways to save money at WDW.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
marie1981
Mouseketeer

I have no idea if it is a good idea, but I know you can obtain, from Disney, a maximum of 24 one-time-use vacation points once per year.

Maybe it would be more convenient to add one day at the DVC you are staying for the first part of your trip.
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

I've book a value for the first night before using the AP discount. As others have said there is no DVC discount at the values. You can also sometimes find lower rates through Expedia or AAA. Mousesavers as previously mentioned is a good source too. I've have seen before a site with all the current discount codes too. Unfortunately I don't remember where. Perhaps someone else could provide this info.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: