Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #1051
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Good day to all you WLers

I'm coming to the experts for some info. We arrive for our first stay at WL in 55 days (yay!) and for this visit we have reserved a small scooter for my husband who has arthritic hips. This is the first time he has agreed to a scooter but his hips have gotten progressively worse since our visit last year and I'm insisting so he can enjoy his visit without constant pain.

We have a two queen bed, woods view room and I'm wondering about parking/charging the scooter in the room. It is a Revo model - the kind that comes apart but we have no experience with having a scooter in the room. We've always taken it day by day and rented at the park if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide
Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #1052
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317
I'm coming to the experts for some info. We arrive for our first stay at WL in 55 days (yay!) and for this visit we have reserved a small scooter for my husband who has arthritic hips. This is the first time he has agreed to a scooter but his hips have gotten progressively worse since our visit last year and I'm insisting so he can enjoy his visit without constant pain.

We have a two queen bed, woods view room and I'm wondering about parking/charging the scooter in the room. It is a Revo model - the kind that comes apart but we have no experience with having a scooter in the room. We've always taken it day by day and rented at the park if necessary.

I will look for pictures later, but we had a Queen room and had plenty of room to park a stroller in front of the sinks and still were able to get into the bathroom just fine. For a relatively small room it felt like there was a lot of space for something big like that and it wasn't in the way.

Enjoy your trip, it should be beautiful.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #1053
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I will look for pictures later, but we had a Queen room and had plenty of room to park a stroller in front of the sinks and still were able to get into the bathroom just fine. For a relatively small room it felt like there was a lot of space for something big like that and it wasn't in the way.

Enjoy your trip, it should be beautiful.
Thanks for your reply. If you find any pictures that would be great, but no big deal. 55 days and counting!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #1054
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpats317 View Post

I would think there would be room to the left of the armoire underneath the wall mounted coat rack:

Or in between the bed and sliding glass door:

Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #1055
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Another Q, is there separate shampoo and conditioner or is it combined? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #1056
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy
Another Q, is there separate shampoo and conditioner or is it combined? Thanks.
Last year we had separate ones
Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #1057
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom

Last year we had separate ones
It was still separate two weeks ago too.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #1058
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Perfect, thank you both!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #1059
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I would think there would be room to the left of the armoire underneath the wall mounted coat rack:

Or in between the bed and sliding glass door:

Thanks so much. Eases my mind a bit.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #1060
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

So we are checked in! We didn't have any pixie dust this time but we are on the 5 th floor so we can see wishes at night. I did inquire about the cost of upgrading and I just feel like I would rather by a bunch of goodies than upgrade . I do however have one complaint.... What happened to the smiles when checking in????? The first CM that helped us was just not happy to be here. She didn't ask us any questions and when she gave us our packet she didn't even show us our room number (I understand they can't say the number out loud). She gave us no directions on which side of the resort we were on. She just said here you go and that was it. We came up to the room and on our way down to our ressie, we stopped at the front desk to inquire about the cost of the upgrade. I was the only person in line and there was one available CM but he was too busy texting on his cell phone to notice I was standing there. I don't think I have ever seen a CM on their cell phone. I walked up to his. Punter and asked if he was available and he looked um and said "well what did you need". Am I being unreasonable???? I still love the lodge but wondered if it we do any good to let a manager know about my experiences today.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 09-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #1061
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEpHandMiKe<3Disney View Post
So we are checked in! We didn't have any pixie dust this time but we are on the 5 th floor so we can see wishes at night. I did inquire about the cost of upgrading and I just feel like I would rather by a bunch of goodies than upgrade . I do however have one complaint.... What happened to the smiles when checking in????? The first CM that helped us was just not happy to be here. She didn't ask us any questions and when she gave us our packet she didn't even show us our room number (I understand they can't say the number out loud). She gave us no directions on which side of the resort we were on. She just said here you go and that was it. We came up to the room and on our way down to our ressie, we stopped at the front desk to inquire about the cost of the upgrade. I was the only person in line and there was one available CM but he was too busy texting on his cell phone to notice I was standing there. I don't think I have ever seen a CM on their cell phone. I walked up to his. Punter and asked if he was available and he looked um and said "well what did you need". Am I being unreasonable???? I still love the lodge but wondered if it we do any good to let a manager know about my experiences today.
Sorry to hear about this episode, I have always been greeted and taken care of by a cm who was friendly and helpful. With that said, absolutely I would let a manager know your concerns. By staying silent the manager will not have an idea there is a potential problem that needs to be addressed. I hope the rest of your visit is magical for you!

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #1062
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
...I still love the lodge but wondered if it we do any good to let a manager know about my experiences today.
I'd give the CM the benefit of the doubt this time. But if you see the same CM doing it a second time, then I'd mention it to a manager. Maybe the CM had an issue at home that they are trying to resolve. Just like guests sometimes get out of sorts when they are distracted.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #1063
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
wondered if it we do any good to let a manager know about my experiences today.
I would ask for a front desk manager and then speak with them privately...off to the side, not in front of the other CM's. I'd nicely, but still a concerned guest, explain what happened. If it had been one or the other, I'd let it go, but you had two encounters with different CM's, both at the front desk. This gives the manager an opportunity to keep a closer watch on the happenings and/or it might be time for a little brush up on guest service.

Hope any other dealings with the front desk are magical!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 09-30-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #1064
mizscarlett
Earning My Ears

So excited for our first stay at WL! Our family chose this location for a group Christmas celebration. We will be there 12/20-26 occupying 5 rooms! Hopefully our rooms are somewhat close together.

Guess who has been in charge of coordinating ADR for 15 people? sure would be nice to have grand gatherings right about now! We really did luck out with great ADR though.

This trip will be very special to us. We are all Disney crazies with one 55yo newbie in tow. We are trying to make this a trip of firsts for all of us though. With the crowds we are expecting to take our time and enjoy the sights and sounds without running from fastpass to fastpass.

We are doing mvmcp, candlelight processional, and hopefully we will get tickets for the tomorrowland terrace dessert party. Wish us luck!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #1065
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizscarlett View Post
So excited for our first stay at WL! Our family chose this location for a group Christmas celebration. We will be there 12/20-26 occupying 5 rooms! Hopefully our rooms are somewhat close together.

Guess who has been in charge of coordinating ADR for 15 people? sure would be nice to have grand gatherings right about now! We really did luck out with great ADR though.

This trip will be very special to us. We are all Disney crazies with one 55yo newbie in tow. We are trying to make this a trip of firsts for all of us though. With the crowds we are expecting to take our time and enjoy the sights and sounds without running from fastpass to fastpass.

We are doing mvmcp, candlelight processional, and hopefully we will get tickets for the tomorrowland terrace dessert party. Wish us luck!
Five rooms?! You have your hands full - but really, what fun! I like that you've already decided not to try and see and do everything during Christmas. But, try and take advantage of the lower crowds the first 2-3 days you're there. You will notice a big increase in the crowds around the 23rd, but prior to that, try and see and do all the important stuff. From the 23-26, make sure you arrive early to the parks and grab at least one FP for the day. ADRs are a must and I would suggest heading back to WL after lunch. The parks are really going to fill up fast, but you can still get some rides in during the parades

While the parks are packed near and after Christmas, the Deluxe resorts aren't due to the limited (if any) availability of discounts. Take some time out at WL and FW, too. Happy planning. Would you like your stay noted in the Lodgers' Log on the first page?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: