Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #16
shoney
DIS Veteran

We only stayed onsite once, at POR, so I have nothing to compare it with.
We were less than impressed with the room. The bedding and towels were very poor quality for a newly refurbished room. It did have ugly, gross bedspreads as well. I guess for the price we paid I expected Hampton Inn quality and it did not.

Honestly, we were surprised.

The rest of the resort was nice.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I know CSR now has duvets, because they were in place for our stay earlier this year. I'm highly allergic to down, so I folded it up as best I could and put it in the closet area. I was sharing my room with my nephew, and as he likes to sleep in an arctic freeze zone, housekeeping brought me up a couple more blankets to use.

Other than the top layer, I have never noticed a difference in bedding or mattress quality between resorts. And I have stayed at the Sports to the Poly and most resorts in between.
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post
We were less than impressed with the room. The bedding and towels were very poor quality for a newly refurbished room. It did have ugly, gross bedspreads as well. I guess for the price we paid I expected Hampton Inn quality and it did not.

ITA with this. The mattresses at POR were awful for us (stiff neck, back all week) and the towels reeked. I thought the first time I showered it was a bad "batch" but it happened daily. We never had those issues at CSR.

The management at POR claims they use the same mattresses site wide. I don't believe it.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I think so.

When I stayed value, the beds were rock hard and the linens really scratchy - towels were thin and scratchy. I barely slept and wandered around in a fog that trip.

Moderates - beds are better - more my type and the linens were more along the line of what I have at home. Towels were nicer. I sleep much better there.

Deluxe - beds were great. Nice and really comfy. Linens were great and the towels were really thick.

I haven't stayed Deluxe in a year so I don't know what they are like now but I'm guessing it's the same way.
Same with value - after that 2nd trip it's been years since I've tried one. I've tried to make myself try another value resort but just don't want to be exhausted so I've been booking moderates.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Sparrow624
"I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Heck, there is a difference within the levels at the individual hotels and this is FACT. We were lucky enough to stay concierge level at the GF in one of the MK view honeymoon suites...The King Bed was nothing short of amazing. Even the robes were very plush and comfortable.

Our next trip to the GF we were in an outer building. The bed was DEFINITELY different, as were the robes. They were thinner and not really all that comfortable.

Yes, I am aware that 5 years had gone by, but this was a marked difference.

2003 - Off Site - 2 nights 3 days
2006 - Grand Floridian 8 nights 9 days (Honeymoon)
2009 - Boardwalk - 3 nights 4 days
2011 - Grand Floridian - 7 nights 8 days (5 year Anniversary)

Last edited by Sparrow624; 09-29-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Sparrow624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #21
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

I will say the beds at CR are extremely comfortable. All the values and moderates (except CSR) have full beds whereas all deluxe and CSR have queen beds (for two beds in the room). Size matters the most to me, the more I have the more comfortable I am.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 hopefully,,,,
msminnieears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

best sleep I've ever had in Disney has been at CSR on our most recent trip this past December.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by msminnieears View Post
All the values and moderates (except CSR) have full beds whereas all deluxe and CSR have queen beds (for two beds in the room). Size matters the most to me, the more I have the more comfortable I am.
not true. Only CBR has full size for mods. FQ and POR got queens on their latest refurb
Old 09-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
snowwite
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan73 View Post
I am a bedding snob and i hate hotel beds that have the standard heavy bed spread ( how often do these get washed, not each time a new guest comes right?? ) with poly blanket and top sheet. I love duvets and any quality hotel should have them. Think Westin heavenly bed.

That being said we have stayed in CBR and POFQ and both had the yucky bedspread, but matteresses were good. I left the bedspread off.
In researching I found that Coronado as a mod now has duvets, if they are down, i dont know. Cant see down being a hit in Florida. I was tempted to switch from FQ after reading this. We stuck with FQ and were happy in our choice for other, non bed reasons.

I do wonder if the deluxes have duvets, IMO if they also have bedspreads they are really over charging. Any standard delux nowadays do duvets.
The Swan has the comfiest beds ever and duvet. It is not a true WDW hotel but it is on site and very nice theme. We got the nurse discount. They also have one for teachers. I have not found any other on site hotels as comfortable yet.
We are trying boardwalk villa this time. I am a bit nervous after reading some reviews.

snowwite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #25
skifast22
DIS Veteran

Last year I spent a night at the ASMu (which I loved btw for a value!) prior to checking into the BLT for my stay. The mattress and pillows were night and day. We all know that disney charges ridiculous prices for their delux resorts compared to standard luxury hotel prices, but you do get better quality rooms as part of the price. Not just the mattress and pillow, but even the dressers and other furniture seemed better quality than the ASMu.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by skifast22 View Post
Last year I spent a night at the ASMu (which I loved btw for a value!) prior to checking into the BLT for my stay. The mattress and pillows were night and day. We all know that disney charges ridiculous prices for their delux resorts compared to standard luxury hotel prices, but you do get better quality rooms as part of the price. Not just the mattress and pillow, but even the dressers and other furniture seemed better quality than the ASMu.
I would hope if I was paying $550 a night compared to $107 I would get nicer furnishings. I think what makes a nice mattress is to some point subjective. However, I would think the rest of the furnishings at BLT would be more upscale than those at ASMu.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

We just returned from the CR, & I was surprised at how comfortable the beds & pillows were!

Our previous stays have been at FW cabins, WL, & CBR.

Even DH commented on how comfortable the beds were at CR. They were probably some of the most comfortable hotel or condo beds in which we've ever slept.

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #28
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoney View Post

FWIW, the comforters at POR are all brand new. They changed them with the room refurbishments because all of the color schemes changed with the new refurbishments. They are the comforter style though, not the duvets.

And for PP - I used to work in an upper scale chain hotel that had comforters and they were laundered once every 90 days which is industry standard. Of course, if someone spilled something on them or whatever, it would be laundered immediately. As for duvets, hotels do them differently. Some will change them after each guest, some don't. But generally, they are changed more frequently since they are easy to launder.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Hi
The most comfortable beds that we had so far were WL, AKL and CSR. Pop got new mattresses last year and they were hard as a rock. We had to change resorts. We had backaches and couldn't sleep.
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
Princess Serendipity
If It's Not Baroque

Has anyone stayed at the POR: Royal Guest Rooms? How are the beds and linens there?

Also, only washing a bedspread every three months?! They don't wash them between guests? That's...kind of disturbing.
Princess Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: