Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #2911
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Good to hear from you. Getting lonely? I'm ready to move the family and I in. You don't care to support us as well, do you?
No, just cabin fever. Friends in Key Largo invited me to dive and then have dinner with them. Too crummy to bother. Nice day today though. Visit any time but no, no support. Remember, I have a kid in private school.

Quote:
I am tired. Now, I get to go to a birthday party tonight.
Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Evening Gents,

we had a great day here for Sports Day in Canada. We had about 1000 people through our displays and watching our demonstrations. We had some great demos in mini tennis, fencing, ringette, speed skating, soccer was cancelled due to weather. The most popular was sledge hockey with three players from the national team to help out.
OK, what are ringette and sledge hockey? Sounds Canadian to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
I didn't know if I would ever post this again, but........
I have a new countdown ticker!
We're planning to head down to Pensacola for the Blue Angels Homecoming Show the first weekend in November! Hopefully, my DW will actually be able to go!
Hoping the same thing for you guys Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Been a wild couple of days around here. Had a busy day at work yesterday and didn't get lunch until 4. I had to stick around after normal office hours and then go to Lafayette late last night with some corn samples for work. Got home at 11:30 and was woken up with a phone call an hour later to tell me they didn't pass and we have some train cars to unload Monday.

Also, need some prayers. Yesterday my boss's father passed away after a week in hospice, and my MiL's best friend lost her husband in a motorcycle wreck on his way home from work.

Not a great couple of days, but working on the farm this afternoon listening to the Boilermakers beat up on the Herd, so I'm definitely in a better mood now than I was this morning.
Sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers to your friends and family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Thank you, it has been a whirl wind trip so far, got to spend some time at Ecpot last night. W&D was crazy but we walked around and had some good times. Been buming around the resort area today and made a trip to the Charature outlet at Vineland outlets. Off to the race star in an 1 or 2.
Really jealous of all you guys at WDW right now. Everyone seems to be having a lot of fun. Feel like getting in the car and driving up there. Norm, can you watch the dogs for me?
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #2912
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post

OK, what are ringette and sledge hockey? Sounds Canadian to me.
Both are like hockey and are played in both Canada and the US (as well as other countries)

Ringette is played with a stick (no blade) and a donut-like ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qsSys5mkec

Sledge is a para version of hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRJgOhAQbs
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #2913
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Both are like hockey and are played in both Canada and the US (as well as other countries)

Sledge is a para version of hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRJgOhAQbs
Very cool. For years, my dad ran a wheelchair basketball league for paralyzed vets. Tough guys that took those games seriously.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #2914
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
No, just cabin fever. Friends in Key Largo invited me to dive and then have dinner with them. Too crummy to bother. Nice day today though. Visit any time but no, no support. Remember, I have a kid in private school. Norm, can you watch the dogs for me?
That would have been part of the support plan. I'm to old to celebrate birthdays anymore.

Quote:
Actually it was the monsoon like rain storm. Snow soccer is a blast.
Never tried soccer in the snow. Played many times in the rain.

Quote:
We're planning to head down to Pensacola for the Blue Angels Homecoming Show the first weekend in November! Hopefully, my DW will actually be able to go!
Congrats on the ticker. Continued prayers.

Quote:
Also, need some prayers. Yesterday my boss's father passed away after a week in hospice, and my MiL's best friend lost her husband in a motorcycle wreck on his way home from work.
Prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
checking in from Disney. It is hot and humid at times here. resting for the ToT.
Good luck. Let us know how you did.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #2915
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Been a wild couple of days around here. Had a busy day at work yesterday and didn't get lunch until 4. I had to stick around after normal office hours and then go to Lafayette late last night with some corn samples for work. Got home at 11:30 and was woken up with a phone call an hour later to tell me they didn't pass and we have some train cars to unload Monday.

Not a great couple of days, but working on the farm this afternoon listening to the Boilermakers beat up on the Herd, so I'm definitely in a better mood now than I was this morning.
Hey Andy...sorry it has been such a bad few days for you......but.....you guys did beat up The Herd today...but...I honestly tought it would be worse We have a horrible D
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #2916
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Hey Mike!!!! Good to see a ticker in your signature!!! I hope your wife will be able to go and enjoy the trip!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #2917
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Very cool. For years, my dad ran a wheelchair basketball league for paralyzed vets. Tough guys that took those games seriously.
Have you ever seen murderball or sitting volleyball?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #2918
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028

Hey Andy...sorry it has been such a bad few days for you......but.....you guys did beat up The Herd today...but...I honestly tought it would be worse We have a horrible D
Didn't see the game, but from what I heard, I'm still concerned about our offense being consistent. The defense seemed to play their usual aggressive game and made big plays even though they gave up a lot too.

Purdue's radio crew was extremely impressed by Cato. They sounded like they really thought our D would pretty much just shut him down. He turned it over a few times, but didn't get down and came back strong. That's what you want in a good quarterback.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #2919
moose615
DIS Veteran

Hotel Transylvania was pretty funny DD loved it but I think she's more excited to see Frankenweenie next week before we leave. Tommarow is a trip to the big pumpkin patch and redneck fun place. Norm, I fully agree with cash is king, it's true I spend less when I have cash. With DD being very independent a card is going to be better for her and my sanity, but when she gets older cash is gonna be the way to go, I hope everyone's doing good, busy week ahead but never to busy to chat with my fellow dads, an again thank you everyone for all the planning help and advice, it'll def help DDs first trip to be a fun one
Old 09-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #2920
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Evening....

Quote:
Good news on OT. Bad news on the other.
Might pick up more this week too...Going to be there for a while longer, going to have to try and make the best of it. New boss is making people squirm, going to sit back and watch the show.

Quote:

Prayers...a rough couple of days indeed.

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #2921
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:

Prayers your way Andy

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 09-30-2012, 04:53 AM   #2922
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning dads

Happy Birthday Norm

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 09-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #2923
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Got to get up Really early to beat Dave!

Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #2924
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hey Norm!

Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 AM   #2925
moose615
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Norm I hope it's a magical one

And also good morning fellow dads

Tags