Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #31
tric8783
DIS Veteran
 
tric8783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 985

I love your dresses! The RD dress is adorable!!
The BM dresses are super cute too, I had no idea you could mix and match tops like that, cool!

I've been to the Mandara Spa in CA but not the one in the Dolphin. We all stayed at the Beach Club so I contacted Perriwig's and the Mandara to ask how many people theycould accomodate etc. I want to say they could do 6-8 people at Mandara as long as everyone wasn't getting the exact same thing at the same time.

Awesome news on no drama!!

Both places seem great for a breakfast, I think the main difference with those two are characters and family style vs no characters and picking off a menu Both great choices!

Congrats on booking your Honeymoon!! Both places I definitely want to go! We stopped in the London airport on the way to Italy, does that count? We have quite a few girls from the UK who I'm sure will help out a bit! $750/person round trip is amazing, good deal!
__________________
tric8783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #32
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tric8783 View Post
I love your dresses! The RD dress is adorable!!
The BM dresses are super cute too, I had no idea you could mix and match tops like that, cool!

I've been to the Mandara Spa in CA but not the one in the Dolphin. We all stayed at the Beach Club so I contacted Perriwig's and the Mandara to ask how many people theycould accomodate etc. I want to say they could do 6-8 people at Mandara as long as everyone wasn't getting the exact same thing at the same time.

Awesome news on no drama!!

Both places seem great for a breakfast, I think the main difference with those two are characters and family style vs no characters and picking off a menu Both great choices!

Congrats on booking your Honeymoon!! Both places I definitely want to go! We stopped in the London airport on the way to Italy, does that count? We have quite a few girls from the UK who I'm sure will help out a bit! $750/person round trip is amazing, good deal!
If you had a lay over in London, it TOTALLY counts ...

So I called the Mandara Spa and booked 7 manicures and 2 pedicures. They can't do them all at the same time, they are going to three manicures at a time, which is okay?!

Yeah, for the BMs dresses I felt that was pretty neat and different, even though the price was more on the expensive side, I had to go with it, in hoping that my girls didn't mind!!!
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #33
Stacirella
Earning My Ears
 
Stacirella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 18

Those shoes are AMAZING!
__________________
Stacirella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #34
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacirella View Post
Those shoes are AMAZING!
Thanks! I am going to try and buy them when I am in NJ in July for my Bridal Shower! No Sales Tax on Clothing in NJ! it will save me some moneyy!!! =)
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #35
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran
 
CityGirlLost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reading, PA area
Posts: 635

Congrats and welcome to the boards! I can't see those pics on page 1 but the rest of the things you posted are amazing. Can't wait to see more!
__________________

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #36
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
Congrats and welcome to the boards! I can't see those pics on page 1 but the rest of the things you posted are amazing. Can't wait to see more!

Ahh!!! Thanks!!!! I just noticed that the pictures didn't go thru on page 1, I thought it worked... I fixed it =)
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #37
JP2013
Earning My Ears
 
JP2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26

Love the shoes, love the thread!! Congrats!!
JP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #38
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2013 View Post
Love the shoes, love the thread!! Congrats!!
Thanks so much- sorry for the late response =/
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #39
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Becca and Greg Wishes WP/WH/GF 11/30/12 UPDATES!!!!!

Sorry for the late updates, my life has been a little crazy, of course. But anyways!!!

My tasting went well all the way back in July! We liked everything especially the lobster mac and cheese YUM!!!!

For the Cocktail hour we are doing: the chilled lobster with truffle oil, the lamb lollichop, and the steak wrapped with bacon and stuffed with blue cheese! I hope I get to have some of this!!!

For the reception we are doing Salad (with 4 different types of dressing) seafood pasta, Assorted Vegetables, chicken with different types of toppings, carved steak with different toppings, the Lobster Mac and CHeese, a Mashed pOtato martini bar, and then a few different types of dessert, plus the wedding cake! I hope this is enough food!!!!!!

Other things that have been happening-
Our invitations went out and the RSVP date ends on October 1 which is Monday and we are still missing over 20 YIKES!!!! Which is totally annoying! So on Monday I guess I need to start calling people. I have an appointment next week with my lady who designed my invitations which came out AMAZING and my STDs- for my table numbers/escort cards/ and thank yous (which we are going to put on every place setting, because we aren't having a menu, and I feel like something needs to be there).

We did our programs and they came out FANTASTIC (well I just got the draft and it looks fantastic. I am still waiting for the final to be emailed to me) I will post when it does. They are super cute.

So at first I was going to use the swag tulle that disney provides with the lights over the dance floor, but I do NOT think its worth almost 3000 dollars, yes 3000 dollars for a piece of tulle. So I we are going to use paper lanterns above the dance floor. There will be 48 of them and they will be yellow and white. I went to Orlando Yesterday to talk with a chair guy who turns out he isn't just a person who sells chairs they do all sorts of things for events and I spoke with him about uplighting. Disney is going to give us 8 lights for almost 1200 dollars, and he said there is no way that 8 lights will cover the ball room (he has done disney wedding/events a lot and I saw pictures for proof which I needed hahahahah) He will give me 20 lights which will definitely cove the ball room (I want the color to be blue- so we will have a blue room with yellow and white lanterns hanging from the ceiling yayy) the 20 lights will be 500 dollars so disney will give me 8 for 1200 or I can get 20 for 500 Done deal... we are using him! And his chiavari chairs which I looked at and are super nice (I am going to use silver with a silver pad) 5 dollars a chair, I think Disney is 9 or 9.50 YIKES that is 4.50 difference x135 people.. I dont know what that is but I know its ALOT of money!!!!!!! Especially with the uplighting GEEZZZZ! Its 150 dollars to deliver and set up and break down for the whole thing(lights and chairs) that still doesn't even come close!!!!

Onto the next topic- I had my trial for hair and make up and HATED IT! I don't know who to use now!!! I want another trial but I need to have it done at there place, bc I live in Jax and not renting a hotel room! I tried Lejeune but they are all booked. I am waiting to here back from Hair on the Run- has anyone used them!? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?!?!?! IM stuck and nauseated about the fact that I can't find anyone to do my hair. It was messy and the make up didn't look like me and the picture I gave her for my hair, well it didn't look like it.. It looked like she just did what she wanted and all her brides that she does looks like that! Im thoroughly disappointed and this was on Disney's LIst .. I don't know anyways.. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Im stuck and sick over it!

I booked my girls an appointment to get their nails done at YOU salon (that was recommended by a DISbride =) ) Im very excited. It is going to save me a lot of money I was going to use the swan and dolphin but they were too much. Disney was a little cheaper but you can't bring your own champagne not even water or soda, so that was out of the question! We need champagne its like a tradition =) So hopefully they are good! But Im excited

The rehearsal dinner is totally booked! Raglan Road at 830 with 70 people! It should be super fun!

I had my bridal shower in NJ in JULY it came out fabulous thanks to my bridal party! My second one is in Tampa, Fl next week. I only think like 8 people will be there. I don't know many people in Tampa but Gregs Step Mother wanted to throw me one for his part of the family which is cool! Im excited

I booked my suite at the GF for the night before with my bridal party
Speaking of bridal party. For their gift I got them the earrings to wear at the wedding, I am doing their nails (mani/pedi) I got them really cute lilly pulitzer Umbrellas and Im trying to think what else, Im not sure yet!!!

Im starting to get all the supplies for the welcome bags! Im going to put 2 bottles of water, 1 bag of chips, 2 candy bars, a thank you letter, and my sister in law is going to make bride and groom pretzels! I hope this is enough!

Okay Flowers: Im having such a hard time with the flowers. My BEO came out to 8000 dollars which is kinda crazy since they probably will die in 10 hours! I went and talked to Debbie with Dreams yesterday when I went to look at the chairs in Orlando, and she had some good ideas. I wrote to Elizabeth to see how much Disney will charge me for the same ideas Debbie Had we will see.. Once I get it finalized I will let you guys know! I have a phone meeting with Elizabeth this week!

I guess thats it for now WHEWWWWW! A lot of stuff- information overload! My wedding is in 64days its so outrageous how fast the time goes!!! ......
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #40
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer
 
LyndsayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 255

Just joining in! I'm also in Jacksonville.

My planning journal is really similar to yours...where I go MIA for a while and completely forget to update...like happens!

Sorry to hear about your hair trial...mind me asking who did it? It makes me a little nervous because my trial is the day before our wedding...but the place we have contracted (Beaute Speciale) came highly recommended...so I'm sure I'll be fine.

RSVPs have been a pain for us too...we've had people say they are coming...but then aren't sure....people put the wrong number of people on RSVPs...or those that never sent it back at all...
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #41
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran
 
LittleKittyMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 891

Just caught up on your PJ. You have soooo many beautiful things in here! Gorgeous wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewelry! I love it all!

Your menu sounds delicious, and a rehearsal dinner at Raglan Road sounds like a really fun time!

Sorry to hear your hair/make-up trial didn't go as planned. I'm still trying to decide who I'm going to go with so I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions. Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing who did your trial?

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
__________________
Nicole DH
I walked with you once upon a dream || Disney Wedding PJ & TR
1992 WDW: Off-site | 2008 WDW: WL | 2009 DLRP | 2010 DCL: Magic Dover to Barcelona | 2011 WDW: AKL & DCL: Dream 4-Night | 2012 WDW: CB | 2013 WDW: OKW
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #42
longwaybycarriage
Earning My Ears
 
longwaybycarriage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 50

Joining in...first, because I love love love both of your dresses. I've seen so few that I really like (as in, so much that I would wear it myself).

And, second...I'm from London so we'll be mirroring you, getting married in London (at least part of it will be here) and honeymooning in Florida. If you have any questions, feel free to ask - Belgravia is a great choice, close to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Westminster....

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your plans.
__________________
longwaybycarriage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #43
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Just joining in! I'm also in Jacksonville.

My planning journal is really similar to yours...where I go MIA for a while and completely forget to update...like happens!

Sorry to hear about your hair trial...mind me asking who did it? It makes me a little nervous because my trial is the day before our wedding...but the place we have contracted (Beaute Speciale) came highly recommended...so I'm sure I'll be fine.

RSVPs have been a pain for us too...we've had people say they are coming...but then aren't sure....people put the wrong number of people on RSVPs...or those that never sent it back at all...
Oh Nice!!! Where abouts in Jacksonville, I am on the southside area by Tinseltown. Yeah I know, I just did it again, went MIA for a little while. The only problem for me with Beaute Speciale, I won't be able to have a trial, and I really want one. I am going to go for my hair trial in the AM with hair on the run! Hopefully it goes well! Im keeping my fingers crossed. We only have to hear back from 3 people now!!! I was stressing.
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #44
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Just caught up on your PJ. You have soooo many beautiful things in here! Gorgeous wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewelry! I love it all!

Your menu sounds delicious, and a rehearsal dinner at Raglan Road sounds like a really fun time!

Sorry to hear your hair/make-up trial didn't go as planned. I'm still trying to decide who I'm going to go with so I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions. Just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing who did your trial?

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!
Thank you so much!!!I am hoping it will all come together and look beautiful!!! Thanks, it was really good. I just hope it is that good on the day of the wedding. We are extremely wild and loud and crazy people so I thought Raglan Road will be the best bet! =)



Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybycarriage View Post
Joining in...first, because I love love love both of your dresses. I've seen so few that I really like (as in, so much that I would wear it myself).

And, second...I'm from London so we'll be mirroring you, getting married in London (at least part of it will be here) and honeymooning in Florida. If you have any questions, feel free to ask - Belgravia is a great choice, close to Hyde Park, Buckingham Palace, Westminster....

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your plans.
Thanks so much!!!!! It took a while to find them, but Im happy I waited until I found the one I really loved! Oh thats funny, do you have any suggestions on what to do and where to go and eat (besides the touristy and usually places)???? Oh good, Im relieved now!!! Because I was really going in blind when I was booking!!!
rnbecca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #45
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer
 
LyndsayJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bowie, MD
Posts: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbecca09 View Post
Oh Nice!!! Where abouts in Jacksonville, I am on the southside area by Tinseltown. Yeah I know, I just did it again, went MIA for a little while. The only problem for me with Beaute Speciale, I won't be able to have a trial, and I really want one. I am going to go for my hair trial in the AM with hair on the run! Hopefully it goes well! Im keeping my fingers crossed. We only have to hear back from 3 people now!!! I was stressing.
We're right off of Kernan and JTB. I used to work in the Tinseltown area at Merrill Lynch but have since transferred to a different position at the bank which moved me to BAC's campus near the avenues mall.

I haven't heard anything about Hair on the Run myself...I hope it goes well!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.