Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
deenic
Earning My Ears

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa

Hi
we have just booked 14 nights here for next July. Has anyone stayed here before? If so do you have any advice/tips to make our trip more enjoyable?
Eg places nearby to eat, are the shuttle buses worth using, etc...?
Thanks
deenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

well you are next door to this

http://www.lbvfs.com/

one of my favorite outlet malls. now this one does not have a great choice but it does have good prices.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
aras4007
Mouseketeer

We've stayed there twice. In a 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom. The rooms were pretty nice. Certain buildings are newer but I don't remember which ones. If you are going to cook in your room and need groceries, I would suggest going to the Walmart across the street. The prices at the little store at the hotel are outrageous! We never tried the restaurant at the hotel, but I've read its pretty good. The pool is very nice and the water slide is fun. There is another smaller pool that is usually less crowded. The towels at the pool are very small, so I would bring your own...they are about the size of a large hand towel..definitely won't cover you, but are fine to dry off quick with. I wouldn't pay the extra money for the "firework view." We got the view anyway, without paying, and it was no big deal. The rooms are nice and big. We had 3 couples in the 3 bedroom and we had a ton of room. The kitchen is nice to have also.

I'm not sure if you have a car or not, but I would definitely rent one. We never took the shuttle because it only went to Epcot, then you would have to transfer there. It may not be the same now...they last time we stayed there was May 2011. We rented a car and just paid the $14 to park at the Disney parks. The shuttle also only went 1 or 2 times a day, so it wasn't useful to us. Like I said, this may have changed, but I would look into that.

There are a ton of restaurants close to the hotel..none in walking distance. 535 is a very busy road, so you can't really walk anywhere. The Irish pub at the hotel is the only place in walking distance. There is also a pizza hut express in the store. Right down the road is the Crossroads which has a bunch of different restaurants. There's also Longhorn Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Landry's, Joe's Crab Shack, and several others. There's also a ton of fast food and pizza places as well.

With all that said, we would stay here again. The location is great and easy to get to Disney, Seaworld, and Universal.