Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #16
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

We took my son to Disneyland at 8 and 13 months. It was WAY easier at 8 months and he was not an easy baby at all. Our only trouble was naps because he is just not a stroller napper. He just turned two and to this day he as taken exactly 3 half hour stroller naps, all in Disneyland. We LOVE this bag for Disneyland and day travel. http://www.kellyscloset.com/Planet-W...ag_p_3580.html We cloth diaper so it is great for holding dirties and clean, but it is awesome anyway for being super lightweight and portable. For his 8 month trip, we fit 2 bottles, diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, a bib and probably a small toy in there. We also brought an insulated lunch bag with snacks and the formula divider. That stayed in the stroller at all times. We don't leave anything in the stroller we would be devastated to lose. They have since come out with this bag, but I don't have it to vouch for it. http://www.kellyscloset.com/Planetwi...ag_p_4331.html
AZMermaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
hipporina
I keep Kleenex in business

We just got back with our 7 month old and it was amazing! He loved it and we loved experiencing it through him. I worried and worried for nothing. It was so easy and so much fun! I will be blogging in detail about my trip if you want to read more, but here are the highlights.

1. Get a good carrier and get comfortable using it! I used a Beco Gemini and I can't imagine the trip without it. He spent as much time in that as in the stroller. I know we looked a little silly wearing the baby and pushing an empty stroller, but it worked. You won't be able to take the stroller in line or into several of the future world pavilions. During those times, the carrier is essential. It was also great when he got sleepy because he would nap in the carrier and we would just go on about our business.

2. I didn't take my regular diaper bag into the parks. I got a toddler size backpack and put a change of clothes, his baby food, and his miscellaneous things like hats or small toys in that. I attached it to the stroller handle with a "mommy hook", basically a large carabiner and left it with the stroller all the time. I also took a travel diapering kit that holds diapers and wipes and folds out into a changing pad. I left that in the stroller too and just grabbed it as needed. Our valuables went into a backpack that we kept with us, just like we did before we had a baby with us. I breastfeed, so we didn't have to deal with bottles or anything.

3. He loved everything, especially the characters and the music. I loved watching the awe on his face. We watched part of the video we took during the trip, and most of it is video of him, not the show. We have about 5 minutes from festival of the lion king and about 30 seconds is the actual show, the rest is Jude watching the show and dancing! It is definitely a different way of seeing WDW!

4. Since Jude slept so well in the parks (mainly in the carrier but sometimes in the stroller), we didn't worry about keeping long hours at the parks. He would usually fall asleep around 8 or 9 like at home and sleep throughout the evening. When we got back to the room, he would wake up for a little bit. We would bathe him, let him crawl around for a while, and then put him to bed for the night. We ended the trip exhausted (as usual) but he was fine! Better rested than the rest of us for sure!

5. Be prepared that child swap can be very time consuming. Many times I let my dh take our older kids and then just chose not to go myself. I found that many of the rides I normally loved just didn't have the same appeal without Jude and I didn't want to take the time from my other kids' day to ride myself. Several times, my mom sat with Jude while the rest of us rode and that was ideal.

If you think of anymore questions, ask. Just be prepared for the most magical trip you have had! WDW with your children is so special!

WDW: 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, Dec 2013
Disneyland: 2009
hipporina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: