Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #2251
natebenma
DIS Veteran

The adventures of Flat Ben continue!!!

And now he has made friends!

Flat Ben, Flat Katie and Flat Madalyn are currently in the world with the girls' parents (Kat in GA and her DH) who enjoying a couples only trip.

Check out the link in my signature if you want more.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #2252
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wow - do you think we were upgraded without knowing it? I'm certainly no expert regarding YC view categories - I just booked YC GV and we received the room in the photos. So I should qualify the "YC GV" on the photos if that's actually one of the lagoon/pool views. (But in any case, we love that room - yay!)
Based on what has been said by Teena and others, I've got to think that was a GV given the large tree blocking the view. It seems that you can get a GV and still see water in the distance, off to the side, or through the trees. Don't tell DISNEY!!! They may start a fourth catagory and charge us more! Of course there are those trees that have those certain male stars lurking in them. But I think those are a separate room catagory all unto themselves.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #2253
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home

Welcome home Teena. Can't wait to hear how the "big" ship was.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #2254
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Teena is back home from her cruise. She and Bob had a great time! I will post the pictures she sent to me sometime today. Teena just texted me to let me know that when she got home, her internet connection was down.

Hopefully she will back online soon!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #2255
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wow - do you think we were upgraded without knowing it? I'm certainly no expert regarding YC view categories - I just booked YC GV and we received the room in the photos. So I should qualify the "YC GV" on the photos if that's actually one of the lagoon/pool views. (But in any case, we love that room - yay!)
Here's the wierd thing - YC GV can include views of the quiet pool, BC GV does not. Now that may have changed lately but for years it was the strangest thing pool view (quiet pool) YC but not BC quiet pool views counted as GV!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #2256
janinev7
Mouseketeer

We are only 14 days out now! So of course I have questions swimming around in my head. I'm hoping some of you have done bibbidi bobbidi boutique and can answer this question...do we need to bring a comb? I have it written in my notes with a "?" so I don't know if I will need to bring one with me for daughter's appointment..does anyone know? sorry it's off topic but this is the most knowledge group of people around
Old 09-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #2257
cindydare
Mouseketeer

We are home from BC. We flew home on Thursday night and I spent most of yesterday trying to recover.

I am in the process of downloading pics to photobucket, so I can send Dee some more Flat Ben pics, and post a couple on here.

We had a really good time and we love BC just as much as before! I'll post more later today or tomorrow.

Cindy
Old 09-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #2258
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
We are only 14 days out now! So of course I have questions swimming around in my head. I'm hoping some of you have done bibbidi bobbidi boutique and can answer this question...do we need to bring a comb? I have it written in my notes with a "?" so I don't know if I will need to bring one with me for daughter's appointment..does anyone know? sorry it's off topic but this is the most knowledge group of people around
We did BBB two years ago and I think that I did take a comb with me, but I can't remember if the fairy godmother in training used mine or not.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #2259
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
We are home from BC. We flew home on Thursday night and I spent most of yesterday trying to recover.

I am in the process of downloading pics to photobucket, so I can send Dee some more Flat Ben pics, and post a couple on here.

We had a really good time and we love BC just as much as before! I'll post more later today or tomorrow.

Cindy
Can't wait to see your pics. We leave in only 64 days!

Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #2260
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

4 weeks or 28 days!!!! Woohoo!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #2261
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Teena is back home from her cruise. She and Bob had a great time! I will post the pictures she sent to me sometime today. Teena just texted me to let me know that when she got home, her internet connection was down.

Hopefully she will back online soon!

Thanks, Dee! And when she has her internet connection back . . . Welcome Home Teena! So excited to visit with you next weekend at BC and hear all about your trip. Just 7 days away from our arrival at BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Here's the wierd thing - YC GV can include views of the quiet pool, BC GV does not. Now that may have changed lately but for years it was the strangest thing pool view (quiet pool) YC but not BC quiet pool views counted as GV!
Thanks Katesdad and Robyn. So funny about the different categories at BC and YC. Whatever the category, I loved that room!

Welcome Home, Cindy!! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! And if you have any advice regarding our upcoming travels with Flat Ben, please let me know!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #2262
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Love the "Flat Travelers"!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #2263
K&C
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinev7 View Post
I did take DD's ( 6 at the time) hairbrush as she has thick hair and a Mason Pearson is the only brush that will go through her hair without pain. They also used a tail comb on her which we were given away with us.

DD calls BBB "the place that gives you a sore head" think the Fairy Godmother tied her hair too tight, she looked like she had had a face lift
We had to adjust it after she left. She was too scared to tell it hurt in the salon.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #2264
ZombieDoofus
Earning My Ears

15 Days!!
Old 09-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #2265
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Our vacation has ended Sitting in the airport waiting for our flight.

We were picked to be Family of the Day at the BC this morning !!!!! They asked us where we wanted to go and drove us there, what a wonderful surprise that was : . We are now BC fans! Loved SAB and being able to walk to Epcot & HSThey only issue we had was our room smelled very musty, I called as soon as we checked in. They came and changed the air filter and cleaned off some mold that was on the vent but it didn't really help. The maintenance man told us that it was really hard to avoid mold because of the Florida climate. That was the only issue :-)

Hope everyone with upcoming trips have a great time !

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: