Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #451
silver236
Disney Vet

We finally got over to the Poly with the 30% off coupon. We were at POFQ which we were fine with, we're really excited about getting over to the Poly at almost the same price!

Old 09-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #452
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver236 View Post
We finally got over to the Poly with the 30% off coupon. We were at POFQ which we were fine with, we're really excited about getting over to the Poly at almost the same price!
sweet!

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #453
katmcpic
Earning My Ears

Question Request when staying in Club rooms

We leave for WDW in 10 days! YAY! This is our first time staying at the Poly resort and also any Club level rooms. When I did the online check-in this morning it wouldn't let me do any request for rooms. It just said I had to call. My question is do I contact the main reservation number or do I contact somebody at the Club Level?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #454
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Oh My.............I just hit the Listen Now button...................My entire office is being welcomed to magic kindgom!!!!

I could cry.

Thanks for that link!!
Agreed! Thank you so much for sharing. It is a great way to brighten up my day.

And guitarob- Thank you for all of the great pictures! I am glad to hear that you had a great trip and hope the post-trip blues will go away soon! You will just have to start planning another trip.
GF- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF- December 2011, AKL & GF- February 2007, BWI- February 2006, AKL- February 2005, Polynesian- February 2004, WL & Polynesian- November 2002, BC- February 2002, CR- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #455
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmcpic View Post
We leave for WDW in 10 days! YAY! This is our first time staying at the Poly resort and also any Club level rooms. When I did the online check-in this morning it wouldn't let me do any request for rooms. It just said I had to call. My question is do I contact the main reservation number or do I contact somebody at the Club Level?

You can call or email the CL IPO office. Good luck!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #456
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:

Just send an email to Polynesian.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com with your request.

Looks like we'll be there at the same time - we're also staying club level
Old 09-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #457
MiloMouse
Earning My Ears

Poly at Christmas

Hi all! Leaving for Disney Dec 3-12 and currently booked CL at the Beach Club. We are thinking about switching to CL at Poly because of the better food options and the view of the castle, but DH and I are HUGE Christmas lovers and are worried that we won't feel the Christmas vibe at Poly. Thoughts from anyone who has spent the holidays at Poly? Do they at least have Christmas music piping through the GCH?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #458
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiloMouse View Post
Hi all! Leaving for Disney Dec 3-12 and currently booked CL at the Beach Club. We are thinking about switching to CL at Poly because of the better food options and the view of the castle, but DH and I are HUGE Christmas lovers and are worried that we won't feel the Christmas vibe at Poly. Thoughts from anyone who has spent the holidays at Poly? Do they at least have Christmas music piping through the GCH?
I'd like to know too. I've seen little things, but I'm not sure about the grand scale.

We will be finding out on December 11th though!!!! MrsB and I have been sitting here battling the post-trip depression pretty hard, especially since our future trip plans were non-existent.

We've discussed the possibility of taking my ailing Father back down there since he loves it so much, and was really upset when he found out we were going without him this year. We priced it out a couple of times and just couldn't justify the cost, because he's going to want to spend a lot of time napping and probably won't remember it much. It didn't seem worth the money.

He used to take me every couple of years from the ages of 3-17, and is responsible for my addiction to Disney World and the Polynesian.

Today I noticed a new discount released, so we've decided to take the chance and take him back down there. I hope that he'll be able to handle it and enjoy it. It'll be a very slow paced and shortened trip, but I'm sure that he'll enjoy every minute of it. I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to get him back there!

So, this trip will be all about Dad. We're very excited.

This will also be our first trip during the Christmas season. So, we're VERY excited about that as well.

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #459
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

We were there a few years ago in early December. I don't remember Christmas music in the GCH (they may play it closer to Christmas?) It is decorated, but you never get that "Victorian Christmas" vibe like the GF or the woodsy Christmassy cabin feel like the WL. I guess it's a matter of taste and what holiday atmosphere you are looking for.

ETA: Rob, well done on squeezing in another trip so soon!! Hope you have a fabulous holiday with your dad!

On another note ... I thought I posted this earlier, but I don't see it now ...
Tikiman is at the Poly now. He says the room refurbs have been pushed back to January and will start with Hawaii, the CM's say the GCH work won't start until 2018 now and they feel that the Poly DVC will be scrapped. The last two points are just what the CM's are reporting and who knows how many times that could change ...

He has not reported any work or word on the pool yet.

1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #460
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post

On another note ... I thought I posted this earlier, but I don't see it now ...
Tikiman is at the Poly now. He says the room refurbs have been pushed back to January and will start with Hawaii, the CM's say the GCH work won't start until 2018 now and they feel that the Poly DVC will be scrapped. The last two points are just what the CM's are reporting and who knows how many times that could change ...

He has not reported any work or word on the pool yet.
Thanks so much for the report!!! But I really wish they would start with another building and not Hawaii - we hoped to book CL for our January stay, but of course there is no availability due to the renovations. I'm continuing to follow along here for any developments. Thanks!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #461
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarob View Post
I'd like to know too. I've seen little things, but I'm not sure about the grand scale.

We will be finding out on December 11th though!!!! MrsB and I have been sitting here battling the post-trip depression pretty hard, especially since our future trip plans were non-existent.

We've discussed the possibility of taking my ailing Father back down there since he loves it so much, and was really upset when he found out we were going without him this year. We priced it out a couple of times and just couldn't justify the cost, because he's going to want to spend a lot of time napping and probably won't remember it much. It didn't seem worth the money.

He used to take me every couple of years from the ages of 3-17, and is responsible for my addiction to Disney World and the Polynesian.

Today I noticed a new discount released, so we've decided to take the chance and take him back down there. I hope that he'll be able to handle it and enjoy it. It'll be a very slow paced and shortened trip, but I'm sure that he'll enjoy every minute of it. I'm thrilled to be blessed enough to get him back there!

So, this trip will be all about Dad. We're very excited.

This will also be our first trip during the Christmas season. So, we're VERY excited about that as well.
So super excited for you to get to take your Dad for a special Christmas trip and to battle your return depression!!! That is so awesome!!!!
We'll be there in the beginning of Nov, we're hoping to get to see the resort decorated but not counting on it.I'm sure it will be awesome either way!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #462
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Thanks so much for the report!!! But I really wish they would start with another building and not Hawaii - we hoped to book CL for our January stay, but of course there is no availability due to the renovations. I'm continuing to follow along here for any developments. Thanks!
You're welcome! I'm guessing they're just trying to get Hawaii done and out of the way since they can't let anyone book CL while it's under construction (and they've had it blocked off for Jan/Feb for a few months). It's crappy that you can't book it for your January stay though.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #463
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
You're welcome! I'm guessing they're just trying to get Hawaii done and out of the way since they can't let anyone book CL while it's under construction (and they've had it blocked off for Jan/Feb for a few months). It's crappy that you can't book it for your January stay though.
I know! I booked our Poly/BWI January reservation in July and was so surprised to see no CL availability. I thought it was my own fault for booking too late, but then I read about the renovations here.

Funny thing is that I've been staying at Poly since 1983 and when we're finally ready to try CL in 2013, they renovate it! Oh well, there is definitely always next time! As others have mentioned, it will be bright and shiny for our next visit!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 09-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #464
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
I know! I booked our Poly/BWI January reservation in July and was so surprised to see no CL availability. I thought it was my own fault for booking too late, but then I read about the renovations here.

Funny thing is that I've been staying at Poly since 1983 and when we're finally ready to try CL in 2013, they renovate it! Oh well, there is definitely always next time! As others have mentioned, it will be bright and shiny for our next visit!
That's a great attitude! We had looked at the possibility of having to push our trip back to January or February and the thought of not having any CL really was unappealling! (thankfully we were able to keep our current plans!)

Old 09-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #465
DrDoodle
Earning My Ears

13 days and counting

Quote:
Good info to know. We check in to POLY CL in 13 days, so I have been wondering if I needed to do anything special with online check - in. Is there really any benefit of it while staying CL? Looks like there may be a few from the board there around that time.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: