Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielRae View Post
The 1500 loop is pretty far from the park buses. I wouldn't walk to them tho you can walk to them along the sidewalks. We plan on bringing our bikes next time. The plus side of 1500 is that it is a smaller loop and it is nice and close to the pool and the store.

The carts are used to get to bus transportation and to other areas of the campground. They have special parking areas where you can park them and plug them in to charge while your gone enjoying the parks. They are both in the front of the campground and over at the settlement when you catch the boat to MK.
Thank you! That is exactly what we needed to know. DH wasn't sure what happened to the cart while we were at the parks and since they are not cheap to rent we wanted to make sure that we could used it how we wanted to...
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
cddskj
Earning My Ears

Tent camping this Christmas at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmomma View Post
We've tent camped at FW many times and will be going back in 6 weeks - Yay! We are big tent campers and FW is our favorite campground. We have been in a few different loops, but the 2000 loop is hands down our favorite. The pads are bigger, the loop tends to be quieter, and we have never had to wait for the shower at the comfort station. We have never used the dining plan while camping. We find it more convenient to eat when we are hungry or go offsite. We have a mini fridge, a microwave, a toaster oven, and a crock pot (we tent camp, but certainly don't rough it ) so I prepare most of our meals at the tent with minimal effort. We like to bring bikes or walk places rather than rent a golf cart. My kids love to have the chance to ride around when it's snowing back here in Michigan. We love tent camping at FW. It's such a relaxing environment after a busy day.
Hi,
My little family of 3 will be tent camping at Fort Wilderness for 2 weeks this December. We do camp quite a bit and have the needed gear but have not done any winter camping or for more than a week..much less after a long day at Disney! Just wondered if you had any useful tips for us since you guys were there last year. thanks so much! Excited to hear back from you.
cddskj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
cddskj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The 1500 loop is pretty far from the park buses. I wouldn't walk to them tho you can walk to them along the sidewalks. We plan on bringing our bikes next time. The plus side of 1500 is that it is a smaller loop and it is nice and close to the pool and the store.

The carts are used to get to bus transportation and to other areas of the campground. They have special parking areas where you can park them and plug them in to charge while your gone enjoying the parks. They are both in the front of the campground and over at the settlement when you catch the boat to MK.
Is there also a safe place to park/lock bikes while at the parks?
cddskj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddskj View Post
Is there also a safe place to park/lock bikes while at the parks?
Yes I saw small bike racks for you to lock your bikes at the boat dock area to the MK. Didn't look for them at the front bus area but I do think they would have it there too. We plan to bring our bikes next time.

I have a question for the experts tho..

Will they let you bring your bikes in the buses on the internal bus route if it is pouring rain when you get back from the parks to get back to your site? Never seen the buses packed that they wouldn't fit a few bikes too. My guess would be to leave the bikes and come back for them later but I figured I'd ask.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(2X), 2014
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

Last edited by ArielRae; 09-28-2012 at 05:44 PM.
ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Quote:
Will they let you bring your bikes in the buses on the internal bus route if it is pouring rain when you get back from the parks to get back to your site? Never seen the buses packed that they wouldn't fit a few bikes too. My guess would be to leave the bikes and come back for them later but I figured I'd ask.
Good question. I've never seen bikes on a bus. Can't be any worse than some of the super strollers I've seen on them. It may depend upon how many people on the bus.

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: