DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #16
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTempest View Post
Exactly, Jessica. For every 100 points of a contract, that's $3K more if purchased direct - and that is a big chunk of money to me. We would be planning for the 11-month mark at VGC. We know we want to go every year in October for the Halloween festivities and party, and then back again in December for the Christmas parade and decor. We have it planned to bank whatever we don't use, for a WDW or Aulani trip every few years. We don't intend to use points for a cruise or Adventures by Disney, so resale is perfect - if they have enough rooms. I think that's a big problem here on the West Coast. If my home resort is at WDW and there are no rooms available there, I have a lot of very wonderful options. At DLR, I would have no options, and it's making me very nervous. I had a nightmare the other night that I bought in and was unable to make a reservation - ever!
Since you plan on booking 11 months out then you'll be fine. VGC does not lend itself to last minute trips and that would be when you would be looking to book at one of the hotels but it doesn't sound like you are intending to try and use it that way.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
ImTempest
Earning My Ears

Thank you to all the VGC owners posting - I'm feeling so much better about being able to book, which has been one of the big hold-ups to purchasing. Not having access to the online system to see what's available (not an owner YET!) has left a hole in the knowledge I've learned so far from everyone on these boards. I feel comfortable being able to ask a question here and get answers based on the experience of actual owners, and how everything works for all of you. Thanks again!
ImTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #18
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I also own ast VGC and if you can find a resale contract that fits you, then I'm sure it would work for you. Every VGC resale I see always has "sale pending' by it. I have 4 VGC contracts and am on the waiting list for another direct with Disney (5 months and counting). Resale wouldn't work for me since I have a specific amount of points and use year needed, plus I want all my contracts 'equal' for inheritance purposes. I never thought I'd need the Disney Collection option either, but when a son and his family wanted to join us on a trip 2 months out I was happy to be able to get him a rom at DLH (couldn't get hotel rooms at VGC with points at that time and this was before the DLH points became so outrageous) So..never say never about how you might want to use the points.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: