Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
mblaesing
Earning My Ears

Mother/daughter trip for soccer

I am so excited to be headed back to Disney. This will be our second time. Staying at All-Star Sports because that is where her team is staying for the tournament. We will be there 5 days but will probably only have 2 days to visit the parks. Thinking about getting park tickets for 4 days and going after her games.

We know we want to hit HS and MK, but not sure what else. Any recommendations for a mom and 12 yr old soccer player.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

If I were getting a 4 day pass I would go to Epcot one evening, too. I think she would enjoy eating at the Land and ride soaring. Epcot has a great fireworks show. Even though Epcot doesn't have your roller coaster rides, my daughter and nieces enjoyed seeing Epcot, too.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

I agree - our family loves EPCOT. We have 4 kids from 10-17 and they love EPCOT. They all love the International shopping in the World Showcase. They love Soarin'. They enjoy the Innoventions East and West buildings. In one of them you can make a Video game and then you can email it to yourself when you are done - to play at home. Also Spaceship Earth - you can make your own world and email it to yourself when you are done. EPCOT is great for a 12 year old girl. We all love HS and MK too.

Our 2014 Disney Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tymXDmdPQ

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
mdsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaesing View Post
I am so excited to be headed back to Disney. This will be our second time. Staying at All-Star Sports because that is where her team is staying for the tournament. We will be there 5 days but will probably only have 2 days to visit the parks. Thinking about getting park tickets for 4 days and going after her games.

We know we want to hit HS and MK, but not sure what else. Any recommendations for a mom and 12 yr old soccer player.
Go to Epcot. Take pictures of her juggling a ball in front of each country. That's what we did with our 12 year old last summer. I'm planning to get video of her doing it in a few weeks.
mdsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaesing View Post

I would check the entertainment schedule as I got closer to my trip to see when or if they are doing the Main Street Electrical Parade while I was there. I always seem to miss it because it only runs a couple of times a week. If the parade is not being held on the one full day that I had scheduled for MK, I would do a second 1/2-day at the MK just to be able to catch it. Of all the parks, I find that MK and Epcot are the two parks that I can definitely spend more than a day visiting.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: