Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Passholder Rate Changed

I didn't know Passholder rates can change-they are not "set in stone" after they are released.

I made my reservation about 3 weeks ago on the Passholder site and only the "weekdays" had the Passholder discount-Friday and Saturday were "rack rate".

I saw on the site today where the Friday and Saturday "rack rates" were ALSO now being given the Passholder discount.

I called and had an adjustment made,but if I hadn't checked the site today,I probably never would have known.

Is it unusual for a Passholder rate to change like that?
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Now that you mentioned it - I checked my AP reservations and one went up $15and the other went up $38

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
I didn't know Passholder rates can change-they are not "set in stone" after they are released.

I made my reservation about 3 weeks ago on the Passholder site and only the "weekdays" had the Passholder discount-Friday and Saturday were "rack rate".

I saw on the site today where the Friday and Saturday "rack rates" were ALSO now being given the Passholder discount.

I called and had an adjustment made,but if I hadn't checked the site today,I probably never would have known.

Is it unusual for a Passholder rate to change like that?
That's good to know...the date I checked was rack rate a week ago. I'll check again.
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Now that you mentioned it - I checked my AP reservations and one went up $15and the other went up $38
Is this the first time you have seen an AP rate change during the discount period?

I have been using AP rates for years and have never seen one change until now.Very strange.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Yeah, this is interesting. I always assumed once you're locked in it couldn't go up, but if it went down it would not change automatically... so you'd have to stay on top of the rates and change the res to get cheaper.

Hmmmm....
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
I am confused. You are saying that you had a reservation with a certain rate and now your reservation says you owe more money? If that is the case, then what is the point of trying to book an AP rate right when they come out? Defeats the purpose of the discount if it is fluid and changeable. It just doesn't make any sense. Why would that be acceptable?
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
I am confused. You are saying that you had a reservation with a certain rate and now your reservation says you owe more money? If that is the case, then what is the point of trying to book an AP rate right when they come out? Defeats the purpose of the discount if it is fluid and changeable. It just doesn't make any sense. Why would that be acceptable?
I think they are saying if a Passholder booked the same dates they have "already booked" NOW,that Passholder would pay a higher rate than they are paying.

I have never seen Passholder rates go up OR down before this vacation-they have always stayed the same.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
No I went back to the AP site and plugged in my dates of my 2 upcoming reservations (my 2 dates are booked and paid for already)and just was surprised to see that if I booked at this moment it would be more expensive. I thought the AP rate would be the same whether you booked a month ago or today.

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #9
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I believe that the discounts are more fluid these days, so if they still need to fill rooms, the discount rate may increase but if they are starting to reach their occupancy goal, the discount rates will pull back. That's pretty much what all hotels do with their rates.

If I get a AP discount at a rate that is a good value for me, I don't keep going back to see if the reservation needs to be adjusted for a few dollars here and there. It's enough of a hassle just waiting for the discounts in the first place!
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #10
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
I believe that the discounts are more fluid these days, so if they still need to fill rooms, the discount rate may increase but if they are starting to reach their occupancy goal, the discount rates will pull back. That's pretty much what all hotels do with their rates.

If I get a AP discount at a rate that is a good value for me, I don't keep going back to see if the reservation needs to be adjusted for a few dollars here and there. It's enough of a hassle just waiting for the discounts in the first place!
Great info!

In my case,the adjustment was about $63.00,which is A LOT of Mickey Premiums!LOL
Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
dzorn
DIS Addict

Our last trip I did notice it changed several times as I kept pluggin in the dates trying to decide if I wanted to change resorts.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

The weekend dates for my trip have now been returned to "rack rate"-glad I got the adjustment before they went back up.

These Passholder rates are changing about as much as airline reservations!lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: