Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
fireman17
"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day there's always firemen".

Dining plan killing Disney?

What are your thoughts? As I've been reading about the dining plan I wonder how it will affect Disney in the future. In all of our trips we have used it once and it was the quick service plan and we had to much food left. We are a family of seven and even with growing children we didn't need the extra items. I have seen changes in menus which are causing guest to either change or cancel reservations not being able to get ADR's, food quality changing and CM service changing and not for the better. We are headed to the world in November and next June and my wife who is very frugal has done the numbers and for us a family of seven it will be less expensive to pay out of pocket for qiuck service. We had plan to do some sit down dinners and character meals but can not justify the price of some of the restaurants are charging and the choices you are left with.
To me charging almost $40.00 for a breakfast buffet is insane as the choices are all the same for buffet breakfast no matter where you go. I'm not sure we'll ever see the dining plan or "free dining" disappear but I think at this point many, many of the die hard Disney fans are seeing changes within Disney when it comes to food service and are hoping like me to see it go back to the way it was before the dining plan...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: