Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Xaeldz
Earning My Ears

My first Trip to Disneyland, and loads of questions!

Ok, so this is my first time going to Disneyland ever. I'm going on October 14th, 15th and 19th. The 14th is Disneyland, 15th is going to Disneyland + Halloween Party, and the 19th is California Adventure.

So I was looking around, and I saw they changed up the Disney Villains Meet & Greet to being one at a time, and there are posters of Maleficent and Jafar and a few others. I know that some people have found Captain Hook, The Evil Queen, and Cruella. Have any others been spotted?

Most important question I have is, will Maleficent make an appearance at all? Has she made appearances in the past? She's my favorite, and I have always wanted to meet her.

Another question I have is, will Jake & The Neverland Pirates Meet & Greet? I have a 5 year old niece who just LOVES Jake, and I want to surprise her with a picture of him (She can't go this year). Or how often does Jessie meet?

And how often are the Halloween Screams fireworks shown during the party? Is Fantasmic played during the Halloween Party?

My main cosplay (Maleficent) is too big and bulky to take with me, but I got a little Build-a-Bear Maleficent costume, and I am hoping the 17 inch Duffy will fit. We got a park hopper, so on Sunday we are planning on skipping over to DCA to get Duffy during the afternoon and then heading back to Disneyland.
Xaeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer

Can't answer all your questions, but we were in CA this morning, and a jessie was across from midway Mania about 10:30. I've seen Jake outside the a Disney Jr show several times during the day.
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

I understand that Maleficent is NOT a possibility for the random villains meet-and-greet during regular park hours. Not sure if she'll appear at the Halloween parties this year, but she has been meet-able in SOME years' parties in the past. We'll have a better idea once people start reporting back from the first party.

Do not miss the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through...nothing huge but it features Maleficent so I don't think you should miss it.

Fantasmic! is not played during the Halloween party. Halloween Screams plays once and the main viewing area can get very crowded.

The 17" Duffy generally fits Build-a-Bear clothes. You can actually buy Duffy at Disneyland or even in World of Disney in Downtown Disney, if you like, or even online! Right when he came out he was a DCA exclusive, but he's been available in all the DLR parks for well over a year. (His store in DCA may or may not have the best selection, but World of Disney will have most of his items as well. I think at least a couple stores on Main Street stock Duffy but I'm not absolutely certain which ones.)

Have a wonderful trip!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
RedRosie
Mouseketeer

We saw Cruella in meet and greet last year and walking around in Nov 2010. We saw Capt Hook and Queen of Hearts walking around many times during both visits (Nov 2010 -- not Halloween time, and Sept 2011 -- Halloween time).
RedRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

We saw Cruella walking around main street right after you enter DL in Nov 2011. I wonder if she is fairly common?
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane
We saw Cruella walking around main street right after you enter DL in Nov 2011. I wonder if she is fairly common?
We saw Cruella and Queen of hearts daily during our trip (Sep 1-8). They were hanging out around the fire station / city hall area and over by the Hat shop.

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

It seems like Maleficent is sometimes around at the Halloween party, but I've never tried to meet her, so I'm not certain. We've been to the party at WDW and DLR, and sometimes I get mixed up on what happens at each one! I KNOW she is at the WDW party, but not certain about DLR.

If you are a Maleficent fan, I would highly recommend the castle walkthrough and Fantastmic! F! is so much better at DLR than in Florida!

Jessie is often outside TSMM at DCA, and it is pretty easy to see her. She alternates with Woody and sometimes Buzz. I've also seen her at Big Thunder Ranch, but it sounds like that area is already pretty busy this year, so I don't know that she will be there.

Cruella is often in Town Square, and I'd imagine she is at the Conjure a Villain area. She is a MUST, in my opinion. She is absolutely hilarious! My DD3 still does the "puppy dog face" Cruella taught her last year whenever she wants something

Totally off topic, but I wonder if they will start having more chances to see Maleficent with this new movie coming out? I'm not into the villains, but I know she is a fav of quite a few people, so it would be cool if Disney would create some opportunities to meet her.
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

You can only meet one Villain at a time at the new "Carnival" (Ranch/Round-Up) during the daytime now. If you want to meet more than one you have to keep going back.

The Villains are apparently not on Main Street for Halloween Time this year (Disney is trying to draw more people back to the Ranch area and entice more folks to buy party tickets, so they stuck all Halloween costume-wearing characters back there and made the Villains less accessible to the general public). Cruella is one of the ones who can be conjured up at the Carnival (from a selection of 4 or 5 Villains).

I assume there will be other Villains out and about - probably in other areas of the park - during the actual party, like some of the less common ones.

I think that if Maleficent comes out at all, it will be during the party - not at the Carnival in the "conjure up" tent.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #9
Xaeldz
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
I understand that Maleficent is NOT a possibility for the random villains meet-and-greet during regular park hours. Not sure if she'll appear at the Halloween parties this year, but she has been meet-able in SOME years' parties in the past. We'll have a better idea once people start reporting back from the first party.

Do not miss the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through...nothing huge but it features Maleficent so I don't think you should miss it.

Fantasmic! is not played during the Halloween party. Halloween Screams plays once and the main viewing area can get very crowded.

The 17" Duffy generally fits Build-a-Bear clothes. You can actually buy Duffy at Disneyland or even in World of Disney in Downtown Disney, if you like, or even online! Right when he came out he was a DCA exclusive, but he's been available in all the DLR parks for well over a year. (His store in DCA may or may not have the best selection, but World of Disney will have most of his items as well. I think at least a couple stores on Main Street stock Duffy but I'm not absolutely certain which ones.)

Have a wonderful trip!
Oh wow!!! I was under the impression Duffy was still a DCA Exclusive! ^_^ that makes life a lot easier!

The walk-through looks amazing, definitely adding that to the list!

I wonder what the list of villains that can be conjured are? I'm a big Villain fan to begin with, so I'd really be happy meeting any and all I possibly can! Definitely hitting that Carnival up a lot when I go!
Xaeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:53 AM   #10
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Maleficent was at the party tonight! She was in Town Square.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: