Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my....

Officials say cougars/mt lions do not live in our great state o Maine. They do, however, tend to chill in Canada. I live less than 100 miles from the Canadian border. Officials also say cougars travel upwards of 100s of miles. I don't think cougars have to check in at the border crossings

We live on over 600acres of land, that is mainly forest. The mt behind my house has been in my dh's family for over 80 years and never been cut. It's rugged territory. Our property abutts another tract of land that is about the same size as ours, and that is the same, all forest.

My fil has just recently begun cutting wood on his property, and has a "hired man" working in the woods for him (while he is chillin in Tampa, Fl lol). Earlier this week, dh got a phone call from the woodchopper, that went something like this: "Holy **** I just saw a freaken mt lion chasing a rabbit across the landing! I screamed like a little girl and am not sitting on top of the skidder freaking out!"

Now, dh grew up on the mt in a log cabin, no running water, no power (generator, etc). He tells me he thinks the woodchopper has lost his marbles. However, fil says he doesn't doubt it as he himself saw one up there before dh was born.

This may or may not explain why, after 7 years of free ranging, all my chickens disappeared on the same day, and 3 of my cats disappeared that week as well. Right from my yard.

I'm planning on doing some big cat trackin....I don't want to believe there could be something like this hanging around here.

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE

I think it's probably a cougar. Anyway you could set up some game cameras?

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: