Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #2236
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanf11 View Post
love the gazebo inn. we stayed in the barn suite.
We were in Barn Suite 2. Another friend had recommended the place. I can't remember if they were in 1 or 4. Such a fabulous place!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #2237
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Hi Ginny!!!

Thanks. Would you give up a GV room to upgrade? It seems like the GV rooms are very hard to come by!
Hi MM,
If it were me, (and a great discount was available) I would change to a Standard CL room, especially at Yacht Club. It is so convenient to be able to roll out of bed, pop on some clothes and grab a yummy breakfast. It is such a time saver!
(And the other lounge offerings are nice, too.)
You would still have a full balcony, another thing that is very nice at Yacht Club.

A garden view would be very pretty, no doubt about that. But, for me, the thing about the Epcot resorts is that you have a fabulous view every time you walk outside. I just love Crescent Lake.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #2238
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine
I have to say that we had a very very dissapointing experience at BC CL a few weeks ago!

We check in at 930am after doing online check in 10 days before. No one meets us out front, no one gets the bags until we ask and ask for valet. Our room wasnt ready which is ok altho I was shocked since we have done online check in for CL and our rooms at Poly, GF and CR CL are always ready even in the middle of JUNE!

So we get taken up to floor 5 where they check us in and they find us a room that is ready. On the way to look at the room before going to the park we notice that the hall ways look very dingy and dirty! Carpets are very worn and stained and plenty of dishes outside of the rooms ( I guess set out for housekeeping)

Get into our room which is allllllll the way in the back but Im ok with that just not use to being so far the lounge but Im willing to make the best of it until we open our door.

Room isnt very clean, furniture is very very worn and chipped!

DH asked for a balcony its his thing he will sit on it every evening returning from the park and will have his coffee there every morning. He LOVES it!

Our balcony was COVERED in cob webs and spiders! I didnt notice first but DHs face got plastered in cob webs trying to walk out onto the balcony!

We stopped at CL desk explained sitauation and went to the park. DH asked them to pls get rid of spiders and webs and the trash that was on the balcony, which they said they would and apologized many times.

We return that night at 11 pm. He goes to sit outside. ITS NEVER BEEN CLEANED and the spiders are still everywhere including webs! He calls for a manager, who argues and argues. Then asks when we are leaving? Sends housekeeping to change bedding?

Dh went to sleep very upset and insisted on leaving the moment we woke up the next morning. So dissapointed, after staying CL at Poly, GF, and CR this wasnt what we were expecting. I had hoped to make BC a new home since we love the EP area but Dh says he will never stay there again! :0(
I'm sorry to hear that you had so many issues at BC that you had to leave. Did you move to another resort? If so, I hope it was a better experience for you.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #2239
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi MM,
If it were me, (and a great discount was available) I would change to a Standard CL room, especially at Yacht Club. It is so convenient to be able to roll out of bed, pop on some clothes and grab a yummy breakfast. It is such a time saver!
You would still have a full balcony, another thing that is very nice at Yacht Club.

A garden view would be very pretty, no doubt about that. But, for me, the thing about the Epcot resorts is that you have a fabulous view every time you walk outside. I just love Crescent Lake.
This is spot-on. I'd definitely take a standard view CL if the discount was sufficient though. (Our SV-CL, albeit at the BC, last year included a view of the fireworks from the bed.) They are beautiful resorts, both.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #2240
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Mousemommy and kelleigh, glad you enjoyed the photos! Now I need to get into our BC room fast and take some photos there because every time I look at those YC photos, I think about how much I love those windows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Can anyone tell me about the views for a standard room YC CL??

We are currently booked in a regular GV room, but still considering upgrading to CL, but on the Disney website, only standard view CL rooms are showing. I really don't want to give up a GV for a roof or parking lot view...

Thoughts???
Hi Mousemommy! We've only stayed GV at YC, but I can tell you that at BC, I'd switch from GV to SV CL in a minute! In fact, I tried to do that a little while ago with our upcoming reservation, but it was too late. All the BC CL rooms are gone for our dates. Boo! But that's my own fault - I always book low initially and then end up upgrading my reservation. Just did it with CR (but kept the view.)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #2241
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi MM,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Mousemommy and kelleigh, glad you enjoyed the photos! Now I need to get into our BC room fast and take some photos there because every time I look at those YC photos, I think about how much I love those windows!

Hi Mousemommy! We've only stayed GV at YC, but I can tell you that at BC, I'd switch from GV to SV CL in a minute! In fact, I tried to do that a little while ago with our upcoming reservation, but it was too late. All the BC CL rooms are gone for our dates. Boo! But that's my own fault - I always book low initially and then end up upgrading my reservation. Just did it with CR (but kept the view.)
Thanks guys!!! I actually went ahead and upgraded to SV CL, and was able to apply the 40% discount!!!

Now, I've got a YC CL, POLY CL split stay...sounds like pure

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2242
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Looking at the quiet pool would not be a GV room since water is in the picture. If you are GV at YC, the only way to go is to request a Gazebo view. You are GV as you are looking at green space, you get the weddings to watch at the gazebo, and if you look to your right or your left off the balcony you get the lagoon and maybe even SAB. Also, if you get the right placement, that back entrance by the laundry room is a much shorter walk than going back to the lobby. There is also an elevator by this entrance just in case you are on the third or fourth floor.
Now this is news I can use! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
....Carpets are very worn and stained and plenty of dishes outside of the rooms ( I guess set out for housekeeping)
This is a pet peeve of mine- I find that extremely disgusting. Not that you are blaming them, but maybe it's not housekeeping's fault...even my kids know to completely unfold a napkin and cover up the tray, then give housekeeping a call. Not too long ago I stayed at a hotel where the restaurant actually requested to be called when we were through so they could clear the table- and they did. That was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
As wood nymph mentioned, YES! Here are a few photos of the YC "secret" entrance:

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/9640c7a0.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/b04fa926.jpg

And the room closest to the entrance (so that I could remember where to find it from inside!)

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/daf26e4e.jpg

We had a YC garden view overlooking the quiet pool in April, and I absolutely LOVED it:

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/8c91634a.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/0335db6c.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/0a47e96d.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/4e8501a8.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/6a60941c.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/f7c60bfc.jpg

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...m/7e3e58c3.jpg
Thank you so much for the photos, so nice of you to post all that!! Now I can let them know exactly what I want so I don't get the "laundry room view".
(And what does that little sign there by the door say?).

Last edited by QueenElinor; 09-28-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #2243
jeanf11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
We were in Barn Suite 2. Another friend had recommended the place. I can't remember if they were in 1 or 4. Such a fabulous place!
If you go back stay at the anchorage , it is on marginal way with an amazing view of the ocean!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #2244
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

As wood nymph mentioned, YES! Here are a few photos of the YC "secret" entrance:

And the room closest to the entrance (so that I could remember where to find it from inside!)

We had a YC garden view overlooking the quiet pool in April, and I absolutely LOVED it:
Love your YC pics!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #2245
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Now that we have a SV CL room at YC, I am wondering about an ideal location...close to lobby and pool?? Suggestions on wording, or will that suffice?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #2246
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesdad View Post
Looking at the quiet pool would not be a GV room since water is in the picture. If you are GV at YC, the only way to go is to request a Gazebo view.
Wow - do you think we were upgraded without knowing it? I'm certainly no expert regarding YC view categories - I just booked YC GV and we received the room in the photos. So I should qualify the "YC GV" on the photos if that's actually one of the lagoon/pool views. (But in any case, we love that room - yay!)
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #2247
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElinor View Post
Thank you so much for the photos, so nice of you to post all that!! Now I can let them know exactly what I want so I don't get the "laundry room view".
(And what does that little sign there by the door say?).
The little sign by the door says, "Room Key Access 11pm - 7am!"

Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #2248
sndral
DIS Veteran

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndral/...in/photostream

This was my 'garden' view last year @ the YC, taken from the balcony. I suspect I may have been upgraded, but no one said anything. In any event I was thrilled! I did online check in and made no requests.
If I looked down I could see the wedding gazebo, btw.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #2249
threedisprincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral

This was my 'garden' view last year @ the YC, taken from the balcony. I suspect I may have been upgraded, but no one said anything. In any event I was thrilled! I did online check in and made no requests.
Sweet view!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #2250
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral

We had the same view and were told at check in we were given a "nice" water view. We had also booked and paid for GV, but on my receipt it said water/lagoon view

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: