Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #2311
vleeth
I heart Disney

What weather are you hoping for?

I made this.....

But I hope to only need this one to put over my t-shirt in the a/c!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #2312
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post

I made this.....

Cute! What a great design! I have wanted to get into sewing and embroidery for some time. I need motivation! I plan to have everyone wear jeans, a tee shirt and then bring a sweatshirt. Since it is likely to be freezing here in CO, I would love to escape to some nice warmer weather.

My earliest Disney memory? Standing in line to meet Mickey when I was 3 at Disneyland.

Happy Friday everyone!
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #2313
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post

I made this.....

Very cute! I am hoping for nice weather but figure I can put a long sleeve under all my short sleeve shirts I made if I need to.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #2314
MichaelAaronsmom09
WDW 1st timers!

Good morning all! Its a nice cool and rainy day here in south texas =)

How is everyone doing today? I just received a call from our TA letting us know that our mickey mail is in! I'm so excited now. I feel like now the days are going to go by slowly =/ well, hope everyone has a great day.

We are at 50 days!

Sent from Cassie's phone using DISBoards
MichaelAaronsmom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #2315
Vabosoxfan
If the phone doesn't ring it's me!

Just curious when to expect Mickey Mail...I am at 37 days and nothing so far. This is my first trip so I want to just make sure I haven't neglected something. Trip is paid off and confirmed as well as dinner reservations...
Vabosoxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #2316
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabosoxfan View Post
Just curious when to expect Mickey Mail...I am at 37 days and nothing so far. This is my first trip so I want to just make sure I haven't neglected something. Trip is paid off and confirmed as well as dinner reservations...
Mickey mail usually shows up about 30 days out. Sometime in the next week it should arrive.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #2317
MomTo3PrincessesInNJ
Mouseketeer

I was deprived as a child and never went to Disney

My first (and only) trip to WDW was in 2001 when I was a senior in High School for our Senior Class Trip!

I remember everything very vividly. I remember not being impressed at all and generally not liking it. My favorite part was Blizzard Beach because I could lay out. What a loser!

I am so excited to see my girls at Disney. I literally think I'm going to explode when they see everything! This trip will certainly replace my memories from my first trip when I was a bratty 18 year old...
January 2013, Pop!
December 2013, POR-Alligator Bayou
March 2014, Pop! {Solo}
November 2014 {Jersey Week}, CSR- Business Class w/Free Dining
November 2015 {Jersey Week}, WL

MomTo3PrincessesInNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #2318
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vabosoxfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Mickey mail usually shows up about 30 days out. Sometime in the next week it should arrive.

I just received our Mickey mail today and we are 34 days out.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #2319
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

It is very hard for me to pinpoint my first Disney Memory. It is also hard for me to separate early Disney World memories from Early Disneyland memories. I do have a very distinct memory of a visit to the Magic Kingom at WDW when I was about 8 I think. I was very disappointed that you couldn't go inside the castle. I just didn't understand how there wasn't an attraction inside the castle. It wasn't until I was an adult and went to Disneyland in 2009 with my 3 year old that I understood that diappointment. At Disneyland there is a walkthrough attraction inside Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It has beautiful artwork and displays and tells the story of Sleeping Beauty. My 3 year old adored this. I would have had my "Magic" trip to DL (That first trip when you were old enough to remember and young enough to believe in magic) and not at WDW and seeing her light up at walking through the castle and exploring the story I remembered this when I was little. One of her favorite things to do at DL was to go wake up SLeeping Beauty. I was convinced at 8 that Cinderella's Castle since it was bigger should have had a huge attraction inside. At that time there was no dining area, no castle suite and no BBB. I was told it was used for storage. This was extremely disappointing to me. This year for the first time I get to finally go inside Cinderella' Castle as we have dinner reservations at CRT. I hope I am not disappointed.

I also have memories that same trip of going to Epcot. I think it was 1984 so Epcot was about 2 years old. Epcot of 1984 is not the Epcot it is today. I remember a magic dance floor in Innovations (which might not have been called that) and was so looking forward to this when we went back in 1988 I think. It was gone then.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #2320
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
This year for the first time I get to finally go inside Cinderella' Castle as we have dinner reservations at CRT. I hope I am not disappointed.
Cinderella's Royal Table is pretty awesome! We went twice the last time we were there, once for dinner and once for breakfast and the girls absolutely loved it. The decorations and CM's make it very special. We're having Thanksgiving Dinner there this year and I'm looking forward to it myself, and I'm the dad!
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip;Nov 2014 - Pop - MVMCP trip;Aug 2015 First DVC trip?
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #2321
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Cinderella's Royal Table is pretty awesome! We went twice the last time we were there, once for dinner and once for breakfast and the girls absolutely loved it. The decorations and CM's make it very special. We're having Thanksgiving Dinner there this year and I'm looking forward to it myself, and I'm the dad!
This is our first trip and we're doing CRT twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. I felt like I was overdoing it, since you've done it, are the meals different enough experiences to do that? We're super excited and we have the credits from DxDP so it's not a splurge or anything, just wondering what your thoughts were on doing the 2 different meals. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #2322
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan

This is our first trip and we're doing CRT twice, once for breakfast and once for dinner. I felt like I was overdoing it, since you've done it, are the meals different enough experiences to do that? We're super excited and we have the credits from DxDP so it's not a splurge or anything, just wondering what your thoughts were on doing the 2 different meals. Thanks!
Kack 43 days...
We are also doing Cindy's table 2 times.
Breakfast and dinner ( with my parents)

This is the year for big time restaurants, we decided to have a nice sit down meal everyday, (sometimes 2 or 3)
Spirt of Aloha 11-10
Brown Derby 11-11
Cindy's 11-12
Tusker house Garden Grill 11-13
Narcossee's 11-14
Rose and Crowne 11-15
Cindy's Dinner 11-16,
Ohana's 11-17
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2323
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

We are 52 days out and I want to start packing!!!!! It is getting cold here in RI so i figure it won't hurt to pack. Since most of what we are taking are summer/spring clothes. I just don't know where I would put the suitcases. LOL

When does everyone else start packing?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #2324
dfin
Earning My Ears

Disney mail

Can somone tell me if the Mickey Mail comes in a big envelope?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #2325
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireneryan

The experiences are similar but still different. We did our CRT breakfast on our last day and had done dinner the night before so we were pretty Disney'ed out but it was still great. The food is what you would find at a very high end restaurant so if you are a foodie it is definitely worth it. The princesses all come to your table and fawn over the kids and interact with everybody so it really is a great time. We had DxDDP last time and don't regret using the two (four) credits on it at all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: