|09-28-2012, 09:08 PM||#1|
I didn't make it all the way through 3rd grade for nothing.
Join Date: Aug 2010
Thinking of BCVs or BWVs for next vacation. Your input, please!
I am planning our 4th WDW trip for September 2013. In the past we've stayed in regular rooms at WL, and in 2-bedroom villas at SSR and most recently (this month!) at BLT. We have enjoyed each of the villas; however, I have to say that getting a pin code for a theme park view villa at BLT, on the 5th floor, no less, really took the cake. I am afraid we'll never be able to replicate the ease of using the monorail (and being on the same level as Chef Mickey's/qs dining/marketplace), watching the fireworks from our balcony each evening and being able to walk to the MK. Mama can't afford to stay there without a pin code and the likelihood we'll be able to snag another villa there without being DVC is pretty unlikely.
That being said, I like the idea of being able to walk to the parks. My kids have expressed an interest in doing the Epcot passport thing by visiting each country and I like the restaurants in EC (we do dining plan). For these reasons, I think it might be good to give the BCVs or BWVs a try for our next trip. I like the villas because we travel with my in-laws and because we have a baby, so having in-room laundry is fabulous.
Now, I've been reading lots of reviews on TripAdvisor and it seems there are a lot of complaints about long walks to elevators/rooms/get food, etc., as well as issues with dated decor, things not being in good working order, long waits for buses and huge crowds trying to get on/off, etc. So here are my questions:
1. Just how easy is it to walk to EC? HS? We are fit, active people traveling with 3 kids (8, 6 and almost 2 when we go next). Is this walk comparable to the walk from BLT to the MK?
2. We tend to like to use our refillable mugs. Are we going to face a half mile hike to do this?
3. Do you feel the rooms at these resorts are actually not as nice as some of the other villas? Is one hotel better than the other in this respect?
4. Should I bite the bullet and try to get into BLT again to get monorail access, or does walking access to EC and HS make up for the bus ride to the MK/not having monorail access?
5. We do like to eat 1 qs meal (usually lunch) at our villa each day. Which offers a better qs option? Or would you recommend getting qs at EC or HS and just bringing it back with us?
6. Do all rooms with a water view offer EC views/an opportunity to see IllumiNations? Or are some levels/room numbers better than others?
If you made it this far, thanks! I appreciate your advice.
Mare wife to dh mom to dd9 ds7 dd 2.5
Several day trips in the 70s as a kid when we lived in FL--->1992 Off Site--->2010 WL--->2011 SSR--->2012 BLT--->2013 BLT--->2014 we're headed off site! SVV, here we come!
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|