Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

Birthday/Anniversary/Family PTR Sept. 29-Oct. 5

Wow, only 2 weeks before we leave for what will be such a great trip. Back in February I won 4 3-day PH & a 2-night stay at a DL resort off the radio. WOW!!!

I haven't been to DL in 16 years and DH hasn't been in 19! Such a great thing. Once I actually had the Disney info from the station, that's when the real fun began. I decided we were going over my birthday NO MATTER WHAT! I had only been in the summertime and I love Halloween so the first week of October it was. As soon as I won though I just had to decide who I wanted to ask. Funny thing was that we had been talking amongst my family to make Disney a family trip this year. Well guess what, we're kind of doing that. My other 2 tickets went to my sister and a friend of ours who has never been. My mom and nephew are also going with. So our party was now complete:

Me - 33 turning 34 at DL
DH - 37
Sis - 25
Nephew - 5
Friend - 27
Mom/Grandma - 50's

Now to decide exact dates: that was easy. I told everyone that I WILL be in the parks on my birthday, which happens to be a Monday, and that I wanted to see Fantasmic (I had missed it on every previous trip since it began). So I guess that means we start DL & DCA on 9/30. and we'll figure out the end date later.

YAY!!! Finally I get to fill out the paperwork for Disney and send it in to find out where we're staying. Sent it in the morning and got it back that afternoon. What do you know? They put us up at GCH! Wow, the most expensive. I'm impressed. I was happy for anything but that's just fantastic. Unfortunately we are on a very tight budget so we definitely won't be staying more than the 2 nights. All of us checked around and we found a place for $51 a night. Yeah, we could do that and even split the room. That helps a lot for those other 4 nights we'll be there. We didn't need much, just a room with 2 beds so we can have 4 in the room. It's all good as most of the time we'll be out and about.

Now we had to talk about what we really want to do while were there. All but Grandma decided we wanted to do MHP even though it would cost extra. She's going along anyways. After talking with some friends who did it previously, I'm even more excited. I wanted a character breakfast for my birthday. However, because it's a Park Day, I switched it to the next day since we'll have several hours between waking, checking out of the GCH, checking into new motel, and MHP. It just works out better for a more leisurely time and not being worried about getting into the parks.

We're driving so we don't need to worry about flight reservations or rental cars. We'll just drive through the night to try and let people sleep through the long boring parts (especially the nephew). Most of us really like road trips so it's all good.

We also wanted to go to Seaworld so we'll fit that in during the week. So as of today our itinerary is looking like this:

9/29 - Arrive in CA after driving through the night, beach, various sights
9/30 - Check in to GCH and pick up tickets - Park Day
10/1 - Park Day - EMH DCA
10/2 - Surf's Up breakfast, hotel switch, MHP
10/3 - Seaworld
10/4 - Park Day
10/5 - Head to Vegas and towards home

The only plan is to let things happen as they may with the exception of F! & WOC. There is no WOC on 10/4 so 10/1 is the night to see it as F! is only on Sunday. Not a whole lot more planning will happen until we're there. We like to just take things as they come and roll with the punches. I've scheduled my "must haves" and we've taken into account everyone else's for the schedule.

The best part of this trip is that we're surprising my nephew. He doesn't know we're going to DL. We just plan to put him in the car and start driving. He'll see his packed suitcase and know he's going somewhere. "Why are you packing my batman, mommy?" (He has batman luggage). We'll tell him we're going on a trip but not that it's DL until we're on our way to the park.

Well that's the beginning. I may update before but possibly not until after we return. I'm just so excited that I had to get it out a bit.
RavenRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
sevenmotions
Earning My Ears

Wow! Congrats on winning the trip and it's so awesome they put you up at the best hotel! Sounds like you have a fun trip planned!

sevenmotions is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
princesscinderella
Mouseketeer

We arrive in LA on the 28th and are checking into the GCH on oct 2-5th. And we will be at the Halloween party on th 2nd. We have finally decided on our costumes we will all be characters from peter pan. So if you see us say hi.
Disney Dream cruise on 7/29/2011, 1/26/12, 7/21/13
Disney Fantasy on 7/28/12 and 3/30/2013
Epocot F&W 1/2 marathon 2012
Aulani 6/13
princesscinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

Finally was able to purchase our tix for the Halloween party. YAY!!! Now to help my sister find the dress for her costume and we'll be all set. It's getting so close now. I'm ready but at the same time I'm afraid it will go by so quickly.

Oh and if you see a little guy in a Phantom of the Opera costume, including a tailed tux, that's us. My nephew is so dang cute in his costume.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
DinaBina
Earning My Ears

Wow lucky to get free tickets!!! I hope you guys have a lot of fun. Waiting to read the TR!
Wifetograpger
Disneytographer
DinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

5 Sleeps Away

5 Sleeps. Only 5 Sleeps left until we leave. Granted that also means 5 days left of work.

Tonight the hubby and I had many discussions on finalizing the Halloween costumes. We finally decided on Popeye and Olive Oyl. I normally don't spend a lot of money on costumes but we have a few parties going on later in the month so we'll be able to use them. This will be interesting.

All in all, almost everything is ready that can be purchased ahead of time. I have the money set aside for the hotel. The Seaworld tickets are all purchased except 1 which my sister will get there as kids are free with adult purchase. It's getting so close. Now to do laundry and actually start packing. I've already started setting aside my shirts so that part is easy. I feel like I'm going to forget something but at least there are places around to get things I might forget.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

Motel Drama

So last night was filled with motel drama. Finally, after booking the motel 2 months ago, my mom and dad finally looked at reviews. My mom and I then spent the better part of 2 hours talking and figuring out a different place to stay. We're staying at Comfort Inn Maingate now. It's more expensive but I figured out how to handle it and make sure we have a decent place. GAH!! So much to think of right before we leave. Sometimes I think that we won't even make it there. I hope it all goes well. Now I'm starting to get nervous. I keep thinking I'm going to forget something. I just want to have a fabulous time.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
RavenRequiem
Mouseketeer

It's here!!!

Today is the day. We leave tonight for our trip. My nephew still has NO clue we're going to Disneyland. He things we're going on vacation to go to the zoo and see the polar bears. He's kind of right. I think we'll see Polar Bears at Sea World. We'll definitely try and video tape when we tell him we're going to Disneyland.

Only a few things left to pack, get in a shower after work and then we'll be on our way. Here's to hoping the workday goes quickly and smoothly (although that's already shaping up to be a little nuts). I'll try and make some updates while we're there as I will have my computer. It all depends on how I feel after a long day at Disney.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
shishigirl
Mouseketeer

Have so much fun and Happy Birthday!!! Thats awesome you won a trip!
shishigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: