Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
frannn
please stop the madnesssss already & tag me
From the TF...someone pls call 911 for Frann, she held her breath until I tagged her and she apparently turned blue and fell down. :)

On reg DP, which meals are best out of pocket?

We've upgraded free dining to deluxe the past few years, so haven't had to worry about credits. In 2013, we're downsizing to the reg DP, but still want to do HDD. We may add a couple extra TS as well. Is HDD best to do out of pocket, giving us two extra TS? Not sure which TS, but thinking about Cape May breakfast and Coral Reef lunch/dinner. Since we just upgraded to APs, we may get the Tables in Wonderland card, if it makes sense, since we'll be also be paying for breakfast at AS Movies food court most mornings. Wish we could do DXDP again, but with DD turning 10 this year, its almost 1500 more to upgrade... I'm consoling myself with the fact that most of the TS we'll do don't have appetizers anyway
Old 09-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
OhThePain
DIS Veteran

Asking which meals are best out of pocket when on the DDP is a tough question to answer without knowing what your ADRs are. In general, 2 TS credit meals (Signatures, Dinner Shows, CRT) are not worth the cost of 2 credits. However, HDDR may be the one 2TS credit restaurant that I can almost justify using the DDP on. Also, with the exception of maybe CM, breakfast is not worth using a TS credit on either. As for a la carte restaurants, you really have to check out the prices and what you would actually order to see if it works better with a TS credit or OOP. The best use of a TS credit while on the DDP, IMO, are buffet dinners.

1988- Contemporary Resort / 1990- Big Red Boat and Buena Vista Palace / 1993- CBR / 1997- ASMusic / 1998- CBR / 1998- ASSports / 2008/9- POR / 2009- Convention at Gaylord Palms / 2010- POR / 2011- AKL-CL (with 3 "bonus" nights AKL non-CL) / 2013-BWV / 2014- POR / 2014- Disney Fantasy (Western)
OhThePain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
MichiganKris
Mouseketeer

You need to look at the menus for the restaurants you've picked, then determine which are the least expensive meals. Those are the ones you pay OOP for. Those are most likely going to be the breakfasts, but there could be some dinners that are not as pricey so you need to check them all.
MichiganKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

We definitely pick cheaper table service restaurants to pay OOP for. For example, Kona Cafe (for breakfast) or something like Sci-Fi, Plaza, etc that has options for sandwiches at lunch. Then you can get an appetizer, entree and dessert for the price of one entree at a signature restaurant.

Definitely go on allears.net and check out your menus/prices
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

a lot can change in 11 months, maybe you can still upgrade if not I would never pay OOP for a 2 TS, look at your cheapest 1 TS typically breakfast or lunch
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
wahmtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

When we pay OOP, we try to go to buffets. This way you get appetizer and dessert. Restaurants like Biergarten, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, etc. I would use the TS for breakfast unless it was a character breakfast.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: