Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
Tigger1966
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by articfox676 View Post
Not sure how often this booking situation happens? Perhaps Disney should consider selling the EMH and parking pass package for say the $60 price or so and everyone gets what they want. Just a thought.
Not to sound mean but this is the worst idea I've ever heard. EMH is bad enough now since Disney has 25,000 hotel rooms now. I'm sure EMH was great years ago.
1984 High School Graduation Present 1987 Honeymoon2002 Family Vacation 1 At The Fort 2003 Family Vacation 2 At The Fort 2005 Family Vacation 3 At The Fort 2006 Family Vacation 4 At The Fort 2008 Family Vacation 5 At The Fort 2009 Had a Great Time Despite The Flood 2010 Trip Down The Drain 2011 trip Was A Success

Tigger1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #32
Q-man
DIS Veteran

Staying until midnight at Epcot means 1am-ish return to your hotel and needing to leave by 7am-ish to make the extra magic hour at HS. Are you sure you want to do that? You're looking at 5 hours sleep at best. Are you going to be drinking adult drinks at Epcot? Wouldn't try it myself.
Q-man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #33
travelitis
DIS Veteran

Really, the perk is for whomever PAYS for the reservation. Disney does not care if you pay for a room, take the EMH perks but don't sleep there. It also isn't unethical. The cost of the nightly reservation entitles one to sleep there, the use of EMH, and free parking. You have the right to use all or NONE of those, but you have have the legal obligation to PAY no matter what. Disney requires 45 days in advance cancellation, and there are people who end up paying for rooms they can't occupy and that Disney doesn't fill with other guest. Yet by the logic being used by folks on this board, it's unethical to do this, or are you really suggesting you have the right to judge others and impose some secret code of conduct on them? Would you feel better if they slept in a tent rather than a bed and paid for 1 rather than 2 accommodations that night? They aren't paying LESS. They aren't getting a super secret deal that you cannot. Sure, we could all double book hotels AND FW, BUT who wants to??? There aren't many people who want to pay for FW just for EMH and parking. No, we don't want Disney to stoop to Universal's level of selling Fast Passes, but Disney already IS selling EMH by staying on site the only way you can get it. That's fine. On site should have special perks.

Hey, OP, if your friends park their car at their camping spot, maybe people will calm down. Really, I've never thought of it, think it's pretty clever, insane for the sleep deprivation, but I'd go for a family suite at All Star Music or price 2 rooms at All Star Sports (consistently the least expensive resort). On site is the best way to utilize EMH.

5 Mickey bars ~ $25.00 Picture of kids with an X-Wing ~ $35 losing count of Disney trips ~ Priceless!
travelitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #34
travelitis
DIS Veteran

On site is the best way to utilize EMH means that staying off site and having EMH would cut into your sleeping hours even more. I experienced this when we went to MNSSHP and MVMHP and stayed off site and when we stayed at the CR then moved to an off site condo. I've also been at Disney for the Marathon and up all night for another day of Disney (Leap Year Day). I've had some crazy hours at the parks, and EMH is best with Disney transportation and on-site hotel OR picking only late night or early morning but not following a late night with an early morning. That's my 2 cents, but I do so much Disney that I don't do sleep deprivation (except Leap Year).

5 Mickey bars ~ $25.00 Picture of kids with an X-Wing ~ $35 losing count of Disney trips ~ Priceless!
travelitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #35
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Disney does not require 45 days cancellation
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
gratefulfred
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Disney does not require 45 days cancellation
I just had a room only reservation for the cabins and they had a 3 day cancellation policy
gratefulfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #37
rudetreehill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontovey View Post
Again, the question wasn't about whether it's worth it to you, or whether you think Tiny Tim is going to go without dinner because we booked a campsite -- just whether the plan is feasible.
!
Wow.

Just...

Wow.

Stay classy!

I hope I never find myself so desperate to save $60 that I resort to gaming the system and generally behaving in so tacky a manner.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: