Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
maekeith
Earning My Ears

Swimming in November

Hi folks,

Staying at The Fountains in early November and was wondering if it is still warm enough to use the pools during the day? Here I am making sure my granddaugher has a waterslide and it might not even be warm enough to use it.
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

My last trip was in early November and I went swimming every day at SSR. Is the pool at your resort heated? I did wear a lightweight jacket to the pool and back!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
jcieutat
Mouseketeer

Last November we stayed at POFQ. We did swim but they sure could have turned the heat up a little. The water was freezing to us.

35 trips and counting!!!
jcieutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
Janet Hill
DIS Veteran

There's a big difference in getting in a heated pool and swimming and going down a waterslide when the air temperature is only in the 70s.

It all depends on how cold tolerant your granddaughter is and if the temperatures are in the normal range or it's colder than normal.

My kids are extremely cold tolerant when swimming, but we've been in November and they wouldn't go in the water, other times they've been the only ones in the water. We were there once in an unseasonable warm November and pools were crowded.

Point of reference my kids swam in the ocean off of Myrtle Beach last Thanksgiving and have been the only ones without a wet suit swimming in the Pacific in October.
Janet Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maekeith View Post
Hi folks,

Staying at The Fountains in early November and was wondering if it is still warm enough to use the pools during the day? Here I am making sure my granddaugher has a waterslide and it might not even be warm enough to use it.
Probably not.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Probably not.
Am I missing something? I thought the average temp for early Nov was around 79/80? Do I have bad numbers? Where I'm from that is very much swimming weather! There have been summers where if you didn't swim when it was in the 70's you wouldn't have swam all summer! (of course this summer it's been 90 all summer long, but that's not normal

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
katallo
DIS Veteran

We go every November and use the pools all of the time. It does cool in the evenings, but our day temps are usually around 75-85.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Am I missing something? I thought the average temp for early Nov was around 79/80? Do I have bad numbers? Where I'm from that is very much swimming weather! There have been summers where if you didn't swim when it was in the 70's you wouldn't have swam all summer! (of course this summer it's been 90 all summer long, but that's not normal
My pool is done by the second week in Sept, most years. I live in Central Fla.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
kerri124
Earning My Ears

We have been going to FL the first week in November ffor years now.and have always bbeen able to use the pool. The weather is usually beautiful!
kerri124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
jamuth
Mouseketeer

What week in November? I have been there the last week in October and it was in the 90's.
jamuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
maekeith
Earning My Ears

swimming in november

Thanks so much for everyones input. I will be staying put at The Fountains!
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #12
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Just depends on what kind of weather you get when you're there. Last year we were there the first week of December and it was gorgeous--70's every day, some high 70's. My kids swam almost every day at OKW.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
beth445
Earning My Ears

swimming!

We were last there in January and we swam everyday at BCV! It was almost 90 degrees everyday. I plan on swimming this trip in November, I do not care what the weather is!!!!
beth445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Weegl
Mouseketeer

Indoor Swimming at the Fountains!

Fountains actually has both indoor and outdoor pools! Even if its "too cold" outside, you will enjoy the pool indoors. Its actually a single heated pool with a portion of it indoors and a door that can be closed if its inclement outside.
Weegl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We have been to Orlando twice in January (which typically has much cooler temps than November)....once in 2009 (stayed at POR) and once in 2012 (offsite at an I-Drive hotel). We swam daily on both trips. Pools are heated so you can swim even on the "cold" days (and being from Canada, let me tell ya....when I use the word "cold" in reference to a January day in Florida, I use the term loosely).

We did have two days in our January trip this year that we wore our winter coats to the parks. But that didn't stop us from swiming in the evenings. Might have stopped us from whizzing down a waterslide (just because the air temp would have been too cool) but swimming? Definitely.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote