Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

Crowd predictor Nov. 4-10?

Does anyone have the CP for this time frame? We're trying to come up with a plan if it's crowded. Hoping for NOT, but it doesn't sound like it's EVER not crowded anymore.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
rosie2283
Mouseketeer

Nov 4 - 7/10
Nov 5 - 4/10
Nov 6 - 6/10
Nov 7 - 6/10
Nov 8 - 6/10
Nov 9 - 9/10
Nov 10 - 8/10

This is from touringplans.com. These predictions just recently jumped from 2's and 3's for he most part. The consensus on these boards is that they are highly inaccurate. We are there the 6-15 and know we will hit some busy times, just hoping that all 10 days aren't swamped. I think at this point its a crapshoot...or do as I do and hope for a couple days of rain!!

I recently started a thread to see who was going early November to get an idea for the jump in predictions.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2996541

Last edited by rosie2283; 09-25-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added info
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Yeah, I saw those predictions on touringplans, and I didn't even post them because I thought they were so inaccurate. I'd say that the week of Nov 4-10 is probably about the best week you can pick between now and the end of the year. No way are you going to encounter a 9. I'd predict that mid-week will be 2's and 3's.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
Yeah, I saw those predictions on touringplans, and I didn't even post them because I thought they were so inaccurate. I'd say that the week of Nov 4-10 is probably about the best week you can pick between now and the end of the year. No way are you going to encounter a 9. I'd predict that mid-week will be 2's and 3's.

-Bob
Man I hope you are right. It does seem like there are a lot of people who 1) have never gone before and read this has normally been one of the slower times or 2) are AP holders who waited until summer and the initial rush of CL was over. I am a bit concerned since it will be our last trip probably for quite awhile and we haven't done CL yet. The AP rate/standard rooms at the DLH have been filled for the first two weeks of Nov. so the hotel will be busy, for sure.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
RedRosie
Mouseketeer

In 2010, we were there Nov 7-10, Sunday - Wednesday. Thurs 11th was Veteran's Day and Friday 12th was the start of Christmas season.

Sunday - Wednesday was amazing. Very light crowds. On that Sunday, DL filmed the Christmas special so main street and castle area were packed, but we stayed in other lands and it was great.

On Thursday morning 9holiday), I walked over to the gates to get souvenir maps and it was crazy crowded. night and day from the day before.
RedRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
In 2010, we were there Nov 7-10, Sunday - Wednesday. Thurs 11th was Veteran's Day and Friday 12th was the start of Christmas season.

Sunday - Wednesday was amazing. Very light crowds. On that Sunday, DL filmed the Christmas special so main street and castle area were packed, but we stayed in other lands and it was great.

On Thursday morning 9holiday), I walked over to the gates to get souvenir maps and it was crazy crowded. night and day from the day before.
All bets are off this year because of Carsland. There are definitely more guests than previous years. What used to be an almost guaranteed slower time is not shaping up that way this year. That's why there are more and more posts here about the larger crowds being predicted (and seen in the parks) now that fall has come. Not probably as many as a crowd level 10, but very different from prior years.

The X-mas special is being filmed on Sat. Nov. 3rd this year, so they moved that away from Veteran's Day. Also, Veteran's Day falls on a Monday this year so some will be able to make it a 3 day weekend.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Can somebody tell me what the predictions are like for December 4-6? I was thinking that it's after Thanksgiving break, and well before Christmas break and mid-week that it would be a great time to go, and that Christmas decorations will all be up.

We are traveling from Texas to Phoenix to visit family, and taking a mid-week break to drive out to Disneyland for a few days. Our son is 4, and this is our last chance to take him before he starts school next year, and we really want to avoid school break times.

He LOVES Cars (like most little boys) so we definitely have to hit up Carsland.

I do remember going about 10 years ago the 2nd week of December and it was dead...it was a wonderful experience. With a 4 year old, and a year and a half old, it would be great to avoid long lines and crowds.

Our only other option is the last week of January/first week of February. We went during Presidents Week last year (unfortunately) thinking it wouldn't be crowded mid-week. Oooops. We learned our lesson. I grew up in Northern California, and we NEVER had the whole week off, what's up with that?!
HollyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Ancient Purple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyL View Post
Can somebody tell me what the predictions are like for December 4-6? I was thinking that it's after Thanksgiving break, and well before Christmas break and mid-week that it would be a great time to go, and that Christmas decorations will all be up.

We are traveling from Texas to Phoenix to visit family, and taking a mid-week break to drive out to Disneyland for a few days. Our son is 4, and this is our last chance to take him before he starts school next year, and we really want to avoid school break times.

He LOVES Cars (like most little boys) so we definitely have to hit up Carsland.

I do remember going about 10 years ago the 2nd week of December and it was dead...it was a wonderful experience. With a 4 year old, and a year and a half old, it would be great to avoid long lines and crowds.

Our only other option is the last week of January/first week of February. We went during Presidents Week last year (unfortunately) thinking it wouldn't be crowded mid-week. Oooops. We learned our lesson. I grew up in Northern California, and we NEVER had the whole week off, what's up with that?!
Here you go!

Dec. 4 - 7/10 total - 6.7 DL - 6.2 DCA
Dec. 5 - 8/10 total - 7.9 DL - 6.5 DCA
Dec. 6 - 8/10 total - 8.5 DL - 6.5 DCA

Jan. 27 - 5/10 total - 4.3 DL - 5.4 DCA
Jan. 28 - 2/10 total - 2.0 DL - 2.9 DCA
Jan. 29 - 2/10 total - 2.6 DL - 4.1 DCA
Jan. 30 - 3/10 total - 3.2 DL - 3.9 DCA
Jan. 31 - 2/10 total - 1.8 DL - 3.8 DCA
Feb. 1 - 6/10 total - 5.3 DL - 6.7 DCA
Feb. 2 - 6/10 total - 5.0 DL - 6.7 DCA
Ancient Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Wow....thanks for the info! That may have saved me from making a mistake by going in early December. Wonder why they are predicting such crowds that week. Crazy....isn't everyone supposed to be in School?

Maybe we will wait and go in January, although we will miss all the Christmassy stuff and there will probably be more stuff closed for refurb.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
nicolispicoli
DIS Veteran

I was there last year Veterans day/Holiday opening weekend and it wasn't that bad at all. The worst day for us was Monday, but it was manageable. Definitely not anything like a 9 or 10...more like 6 at most.
nicolispicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
HollyL
Mouseketeer

Okay, after looking into it, we might switch our dates to the last week of November, which is the week after Thanksgiving. Can anyone post the predictions for;

November 26
November 27
November 28
November 29

Thanks in advance!!

We figure we can fly to Arizona to visit my family on Thanksgiving, spend the long weekend with them, then drive out to Disneyland the following week. It would be a win-win, as we haven't been able to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family for a very very long time.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Thanks to all those who have shared crowd predictions. May I also ask for Oct 10-14th please? Taking DD to DL for the 1st time.

Thanks!

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: